VMK Website Expires September 30?

Jackoman

I wonder if the Tag Fairy has been to Disneyland b
Hi, guys. I have other accounts on the other big VMK message boards, and I've heard things about the site expiring in four days. Is this true? Because the video on YouTube says it is, but it was made before it was announced VMK was gonna close..Interesting..

Yikes. :scared1: . Where did you hear that? My guess is disney is getting tired of all the attention they are getting towards vmk's closing..either that or the vmk talk in kingdom keepers. It makes me think more then ever that they don't give a care about us missing the game. :sad1: I wonder if this is true or not. Guess we will have to see.:mad:

Disney renewed the name actually, but it would have expired had they not. Domain names are not permanent, you buy them for an alloted amount of time. Let me crush the next rumor, they wouldn't want anyone else to buy it and use it, it's not that they intend to use it for themselves.

Oh, cool. Now the fog's cleared up a bit. Thanks, aengus.

Disney renewed the name actually, but it would have expired had they not. Domain names are not permanent, you buy them for an alloted amount of time. Let me crush the next rumor, they wouldn't want anyone else to buy it and use it, it's not that they intend to use it for themselves.

If anyone did they got $$$$ to sue and get the site back

If anyone did they got $$$$ to sue and get the site back

Well if they did sue, they would lose.They could offer the owner money and have the owner sell the domain to disney, but there is no crime against buying a domain that was used by a company. So just in a nutshell, Disney isn't going to let it out of their hands, and what will probably happen is VMK homepage and the other webpages will get deleted, however, the domain will still be owned by Disney (example: page cannot be found, error, cannot access page, etc).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter