Volcanic Ash Over Iceland Cancels Flights!!!

We got back last night - a few hours short of 10 days late :woohoo:
Wow, your delay getting home is longer than our whole planned trip would have been! Glad to hear you are back safely now.

We are now re-scheduled (3rd attempt!) to leave Bristol on 6th May, returning on 15th. Fingers crossed we get there this time :)

We are now re-scheduled (3rd attempt!) to leave Bristol on 6th May, returning on 15th. Fingers crossed we get there this time :)

Keep changing and you will be there for our DIS meet in August:rotfl2:

Wow, your delay getting home is longer than our whole planned trip would have been! Glad to hear you are back safely now.

Thanks everyone - it's good to be home! :woohoo:

Hilary - our trip was 9 nights long, and we were delayed for a further 9 nights so we actually doubled the length of our "vacation" (sadly only the first 9 night were in Orlando!).

i think there are some people who still haven't made it back..
i can't imagine that :eek:

Some of my customers are still out there(St Petes), due to fly back Sunday 18th, new date Mon 3rd May. I suspect they are enjoying it, her Brother lives there and they are both retired so no reason to rush home.

Some of my customers are still out there(St Petes), due to fly back Sunday 18th, new date Mon 3rd May. I suspect they are enjoying it, her Brother lives there and they are both retired so no reason to rush home.

Wouldn't that be nice? "Oh dear, it looks like we're here for another 3 weeks -never mind!".

The best part of returning home was being reunited with our cats :cloud9: Poor things got abandoned in the cattery for twice as long - cattery were fabulous though :thumbsup2

The best part of returning home was being reunited with our cats :cloud9: Poor things got abandoned in the cattery for twice as long - cattery were fabulous though :thumbsup2

Our neighbours feed our cat, used to feed him in our shed we have it all set up for him, cat flap, bed, ladder upto bed:rotfl2: food water. but last few trips away he has moved in with neighbours, they have 2 cats and they just all live together while we are away.
My Brother has 4 Maine Coon indoor cats, he has to get a house sitter whenever they are away, costs more than their trips.

Our neighbours feed our cat, used to feed him in our shed we have it all set up for him, cat flap, bed, ladder upto bed:rotfl2: food water. but last few trips away he has moved in with neighbours, they have 2 cats and they just all live together while we are away.
My Brother has 4 Maine Coon indoor cats, he has to get a house sitter whenever they are away, costs more than their trips.

You can't put a price on knowing that your kittens are safe, warm and happy Wayne! :)

we have a dog - she goes to a super deluxe 5 star kennel when we're all away....she loves it there.....and has her dog buddies who are usally there at the same time, but still, i would have been terribly upset had we been delayed a week or two...

(many years ago, the first summer we all went to the states and left our dog behind.....before the trip it dawned on us that something could happen that might prevent us from ever coming back....and what would happen to the dog....so we re-wrote our will - setting aside money that would take care of her for the rest of her life.....that was our dog who passed away 5 years ago.....then we changed the will for our current dog....we told her she could just lie and tell everyone she was the other dog - but then again, she has a chip under her skin, so she wouldn't be able to get away with it...so we changed the will to her name.... so she's taken care of for the rest of her life...... :goodvibes

My 20 year-old nephew was flying home yesterday from his college trip to New York that lasted an extra 7 days. I can't imagine he and his mates felt too 'inconvenienced' by their delay!! :cool1: How many 20yr olds would be too disappointed at being 'forced' to spend another week in NY if they have no urgent need to get home?

I reckon the lecturers leading the trip probably deserve a medal, though! :scared1: At least the students are all too young to drink out there ;)

DS's year were supposed to be in NYC end of Easter hol for a 4 night trip, they cancelled it. Thankfully DS opted to be with us in Florida rather than go with school to NYC.

Travel insurance not paying out. Never mind. :rolleyes:

I knew ours were not paying out but sent them an email anyway to tell them how disgusted I was about their service and my renewal was 19th May after being with them 5 years, I got renewal letter couple of days ago £157, I paid so much thinking it was the best policy. Will look at companies that have been paying out, see how much to go with one of them now.

This was their response.
Whilst we have noted your comments, we regret to advise that Europe
Assistance Holdings Ltd the underwriter's of your policy, have issued
instructions that the recent delays due to the Iceland Volcanic eruption
are not a circumstance covered under the terms of the policy.

We regret we are unable to deviate from our underwriter's decision, and
if you remain dissatisfied would advise you to follow the complaints
procedure detailed in the terms and conditions of your policy. The
complaints address is detailed below

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter