Volcanic Ash Over Iceland Cancels Flights!!!

Head_in_the_clouds

Mouseketeer
We should be going in two weeks exactly today and this volcano once spent two years erupting! I feel sorry for the people who definitely can't go to Florida (and any holiday) today, I can imagine how it feels. I hope it is sorted soon, otherwise we might have to stay at home instead of go to Orlando.

It must be really disappointing for people planning to go away today, but I'm just glad that the ban on flying isn't in place due to an accident already happening. At least they're taking the best precaution to protect peoples safety, and here's hoping the situation sorts itself out quickly :)

I thought I should post it on the Trip Planning forum because there might be UK Dis-ers who had flights cancelled. I suppose its a bit of a different thing to be chatting about it on the community board but if you have got a holiday coming up you might want practical advice (or a vent!). But sorry if I shouldn't have started the thread :o.

I thought I should post it on the Trip Planning forum because there might be UK Dis-ers who had flights cancelled. I suppose its a bit of a different thing to be chatting about it on the community board but if you have got a holiday coming up you might want practical advice (or a vent!).

I agree, it probably makes more sense for the thread to be here. Hopefully the mods will merge both threads so everyone can get all the information they need in one place. :goodvibes

But sorry if I shouldn't have started the thread :o.

Aww, don't be silly! :hug:

Virgin have cancelled the VS75 Manchester to Orlando flight today :(

That is the one we are flying on in two weeks. Like I said in my OP, last time this volcano spent two years erupting so here's hoping its not anywhere near as active this time, not just for holiday makers but those living in Iceland who face losing homes etc too. But flight wise, it is a disappointment but clearly better to be safe than sorry :goodvibes.

Virgin have cancelled the VS75 Manchester to Orlando flight today :(

What a shame. Looking at the Manchester Airport website, it appears there will be many disappointed holidaymakers today. :sad1:

That is the one we are flying on in two weeks. Like I said in my OP, last time this volcano spent two years erupting so here's hoping its not anywhere near as active this time, not just for holiday makers but those living in Iceland who face losing homes etc too. But flight wise, it is a disappointment but clearly better to be safe than sorry :goodvibes.

Agreed. :thumbsup2

My aunty is flying in a few days so cross fingers it doesn't cause too much trouble for any Disers :)

yes, this thread should definitely be here...
i rarely look at the community board (since i'm not in the UK, so it doesn't really make sense for me to intrude there)...

i'm glad this was posted here...
i didn't know...
my mom's supposed to fly tonight or saturday (she hadn't finalized when i spoke with her 5 hours ago)...
i wonder if this will affect her flight too...
in the news reports, it says it's affecting lots of trans-atlantic and european flights....what a pain.

i'd better get hold of her and see if it's better for her to get on a plane tonight, if it flies....i wouldn't want her to wait until saturday and then get messed up...(since she HAS to be here by sunday)..

i feel so sorry for people who had to fly out of heathrow today...

This is not good for so many people - but much better to do this than to risk flying, although that was never an option I would suspect.
Hopefully it will not go on for as long as last time.
I suppose on the up side there will be a lot of people who are having a longer holiday than they bargained for.

In this instance, where there are two distinct angles, leaving the two threads running makes sense. We'll merge threads to keep things tidy from a housekeeping point of view when the topic can be easily categorised as belonging to one board or the other, but our main concern is to provide an environment across the two boards where everyone can participate. :)

my aunt and cousins flights were cancelled, first one they can rebook on is monday!!!

i really feel for all those poor holidaymakers wherever they were going we all look forward to our holidays and its awful when something like this happens

apparently they are worried it will trigger another eruption from a bigger volcano lets hope that it doesnt and everyone is safe and gets where they need to :sad1:

Fingers crossed for anyone else flying over the next couple of days.

Whilst no comfort - at least it is a natural disaster causing the problems and not another union walkout that was preventable.

Im due to fly to Fuerteventura early saturday morning.

So keeping fingers crossed it clears but i expect delays due to all the planes being in the wrong places.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter