Volcano Bay Express Pass Sold Out First Weekend (AVAILABLE AGAIN)

soniam

Wooden leg named Smith...
The regular and unlimited Express Pass is sold out for Volcano Bay for May 25th-28th. I even tried calling yesterday, and they were already selling out for some days.

I had meant to buy the unlimited express for the 26th and 28th, but I waited too late:sad: They weren't available yesterday, at least for both of us. I managed to get regular express for me on the 28th and unlimited for him, but I could only get regular for him on the 26th. I could kick myself, because I thought I had bought them Friday. I looked yesterday and realized that it hadn't gone through or I hadn't completed the order:( I guess we'll just get there for early entry on the 26th and see how much we can do in the morning. I hope it's not really needed, but I am concerned that it's going to be packed. I would have changed one of my days yesterday, but we already have premium seating reserved and those are sold out too. I just went ahead and bought it for our July trip, because I'm not making the same mistake again.

Ouch! Sounds like it will be busy! Please give us a review afterwards.

Yet another reason I'm counseling people to avoid opening weekend unless they just HAVE to be there for some reason. It's gonna be super crowded and there will all but certainly be kinks to be worked out on the operational end.

Yet another reason I'm counseling people to avoid opening weekend unless they just HAVE to be there for some reason. It's gonna be super crowded and there will all but certainly be kinks to be worked out on the operational end.

We had already booked our vacation for that weekend before Volcano Bay opening was announced. It's the only time we could go. I understand that it will be crowded. I have been to WDW the week after xmas, including New Years Eve. My son has been told how crowded it will be, and he has also been to WDW during record crowds. We could have chosen to not go to the waterpark, but that was unreasonable option for us. So, advising me to not go is not really useful at this point. I blame myself for not getting the EP in time, and I am not blaming anyone else. We are both still excited about going, and my son is pretty easy going about doing the things that don't have waits, when necessary. In fact, we really love lazy rivers. The intention of this thread is mainly informational, with a little bit gritching on my hesitancy.

We had already booked our vacation for that weekend before Volcano Bay opening was announced. It's the only time we could go. I understand that it will be crowded. I have been to WDW the week after xmas, including New Years Eve. My son has been told how crowded it will be, and he has also been to WDW during record crowds. We could have chosen to not go to the waterpark, but that was unreasonable option for us. So, advising me to not go is not really useful at this point. I blame myself for not getting the EP in time, and I am not blaming anyone else. We are both still excited about going, and my son is pretty easy going about doing the things that don't have waits, when necessary. In fact, we really love lazy rivers. The intention of this thread is mainly informational, with a little bit gritching on my hesitancy.
Sorry .... wasn't aimed at you, but rather a general comment.

I Also wonder how many they were actually selling seeing as they too know that they will have kinks.

I was wondering that too. It seems reasonable not to sell too many at first. I wonder if they will limit attendance at all. Since we have premium seating reserved and some EP, I hope that guarantees us to get in, if they are limiting. I would think so.

That's what I was wondering too. Hopefully it's a very limited amount. OP, I'm sure you will have a great time!

Thanks:) I know we will. I will definitely be reporting back. I am hoping to take the good DSLR and the water camera to get good shots. I may have more time to take photos now, since I won't have unlimited EP. We should be there during the day and an evening at some point.

Does the EP that you get with the on-site hotel stay work at VB, as well? Or is it something you have to purchase extra?

I have started my trip report for this. It has some pre-trip stuff now. I will add more tomorrow and up until we leave. Hopefully, I can add some pics during the trip. I probably won't do much twitter or instagram, because I prefer to use my DSLR or water camera for pics instead of my phone.

HERE it is.

Full disclosure...For our late June VB visit, we have EP's.
But as I'm wondering aloud and paraphrasing a bit about VB promoting that the short wait times & lines are practically done away with, etc.

Speaking for myself, the confidence in VB's claim isn't very high, and I just have a hard time wrapping my head around that we'll experience short or no wait times at a premier water park, during the summer (in our case, right before July 4th. week).
With huge amounts of folks with EP's, perhaps the only lines at VB are in the EP lanes!:scared:

Full disclosure...For our late June VB visit, we have EP's.
But as I'm wondering aloud and paraphrasing a bit about VB promoting that the short wait times & lines are practically done away with, etc.

Speaking for myself, the confidence in VB's claim isn't very high, and I just have a hard time wrapping my head around that we'll experience short or no wait times at a premier water park, during the summer (in our case, right before July 4th. week).
With huge amounts of folks with EP's, perhaps the only lines at VB are in the EP lanes!:scared:

I did pony up and buy it for the 3 of us for our late July trip. After regretting not getting it for opening weekend, I didn't waste much time for July. The money, even though it seems like a lot, really isn't that much, at least for us. I know it's a lot of money to a lot of people though, and I always feel a little bad about that. DS11 was shocked at how much it cost. He was like, that's more expensive than a really nice FitBit:) DH and I will be having a meal that costs more than that during our July vacation. I know what you mean about the lines; I am envisioning Fastpass+ lines at Disney, or some of the Express Pass lines I saw at Universal last July:rolleyes:

Thanks to this thread, I just taught the front desk lady at Portofino about Volcano Bay express passes.
First let me say I didn't realize until reading here that VB express was not included in the premiere hotels. Thinking about it now, it does make sense. I really wish I would have looked more in depth when I booked and not made assumptions. I'm going with my girlfriend from 5/29 - 6/2, and was planning to go to Volcano Bay on the Wednesday 5/31. After learning this, I went to Universal's website to buy express passes, and they had exactly ONE express pass available for Wednesday, because when I put in 2 it said unavailable. So, we're going on Tuesday now, 2 express were still available for that day.
I called Portofino to confirm this, and at first she was saying no, you will receive a wristband, but since you are staying at the premiere hotel, it will be "special", basically saying the express pass will be "built in" to the TapuTapu. After asking if she's sure because that would probably break the whole virtual line system for non premiere hotel guests, she had to put me on hold to confirm and came back to say that I was correct with all that I had learned from this thread. She ended up thanking me, saying "This is new to all of us and we're learning as we go."
So thanks guys, I'm looking forward to this trip so much. Not only have I not been to Universal Studios in 20 years and a lot.... well, basically EVERYTHING has changed since then, we'll be there for historic opening of a new water theme park, capping off with the DIS 20th Epcot party! It's going to be epic! :sunny:

OMG!!!!!!!:jumping1::jumping2::jumping3::Pinkbounc I just went to look at VB Express Pass prices for someone else, and they had unlimited EP for my dates, 5/26 and 5/28. We now have unlimited EP for both of us for both of our dates:D:D:D:D I couldn't be happier than right now! This will make our first morning so much easier, since I still have to get my AP upgraded to a 3 park, pick up DS AP at a ticket counter, and get our premium seating vouchers. None of which I could or chose to do at a will-call kiosk:sad2: Woohoo!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter