VPN issues

John C Parke

Jagson
When my VPN is on I cannot access DisBoards, as well as several other sites. In simple layman's speak does anyone n
know why, and how to correct it?

had a similar issue with Nortons VPN. works well when we are out, but screws everything up at home.

Hello! How do you solve this issue, John C Parke? I have the same issue. I use a dedicated VPN server and I think there's something wrong with my VPN settings.
Following. I have the same issue but just disconnect when I need to use certain apps.

There are a few potential reasons why you may not be able to access certain websites while using a VPN:

1. Geolocation Restrictions: Some websites may have restrictions that prevent users from certain geographic locations from accessing their content. VPNs can help users bypass these restrictions by masking their IP address and making it appear as though they are accessing the site from a different location. However, some sites have measures in place to detect and block VPN traffic, which could explain why you're having trouble accessing them.
  2. VPN Blocking: Some websites may actively block VPN traffic as a security measure, in an effort to prevent unauthorized access or protect against hacking attempts. This could be another reason why you're unable to access certain sites while using a VPN.
To try and resolve the issue, you could try connecting to a different VPN server, or using a different VPN altogether. You could also try disabling the VPN temporarily and accessing the site directly to see if that works. Additionally, you could try contacting the website's customer support team to see if they can offer any insights or assistance with accessing their content while using a VPN.

Why Can't I Access Certain Websites with My VPN On? There are several reasons why you might not be able to access certain websites when your VPN is on. Here are some of the most common reasons:
  1. Geolocation Restrictions Many websites use geolocation technology to restrict access to users from certain countries or regions. This is often done to comply with local laws or licensing agreements. When you connect to a VPN, your IP address is replaced with the IP address of the VPN server, which may be located in a different country or region. This can trigger geolocation restrictions, preventing you from accessing certain websites.
  2. VPN Blacklisting Some websites have blacklisted certain IP addresses associated with VPNs. This is often done to prevent unauthorized access or to protect against fraud or abuse. If the IP address of the VPN server you are connected to is blacklisted, you may not be able to access certain websites.
  3. DNS Issues A Domain Name System (DNS) is responsible for translating domain names into IP addresses. When you connect to a VPN, your DNS queries are routed through the VPN server. If there are any issues with the VPN's DNS servers, you may not be able to access certain websites.
  4. Port Blocking Some websites use port blocking to prevent unauthorized access. If the VPN you are using uses ports that are blocked by the website you are trying to access, you may not be able to access the site.
How to Fix the Issue If you are unable to access certain websites when your VPN is on, there are several steps you can take to fix the issue. Here are some of the most effective solutions:
  1. Change VPN Server If you are unable to access a website due to geolocation restrictions or VPN blacklisting, you can try changing the VPN server you are connected to. Most VPNs have servers in multiple countries, so you can choose a server that is located in the same country as the website you are trying to access.
  2. Disable VPN If changing the VPN server does not work, you can try disabling the VPN temporarily. This will allow you to access the website without the VPN's encrypted connection. Once you have accessed the website, you can re-enable the VPN to continue browsing securely.
  3. Clear DNS Cache If you are experiencing DNS issues, you can try clearing the DNS cache on your device. This will force your device to use the VPN's DNS servers, which may resolve the issue. To clear the DNS cache, open the Command Prompt on Windows or Terminal on Mac and type the command "ipconfig/flushdns" (Windows) or "sudo killall -HUP mDNSResponder" (Mac).
  4. Change VPN Protocol If you are experiencing port blocking, you can try changing the VPN protocol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter