VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

Jimmy Had A Birthday!?! . . . .wait a minute . . .a couple of years ago he said he wasn't gonna have any more Birthdays! So I guess he isn't the Grand Master of Time in the Universe! Oh, well, he is still one of the Grand Masters of our Lodge!

party: HAPPY BIRTHDAY JIMMY! party:
Thanks Dad!! I hold fast to that statement, no more BDays, but alas, they seem to drift around every year, no matter my wishes. I like the new title, as you and many others here are GMs of our Lodge as well!! I believe we uphold it very well:D

twokats
Glad to hear surgery was a success and also Clays gaining weight and hopefully gaining strength

Should we change his name to Mad Dog? :rotfl: He's also a little on the sly side. Watch out when he starts asking for your membership fee. ;)

Love you @sleepydog25! :grouphug:

Forgot to mention I got a reservation at Napa Rose for my birthday. I haven't completely decided if I'll eat in the restaurant or lounge but better to have it & cancel later. Do I want to head out of the parks early when my time is limited? I do have the entire next day & evening. What say you DLR experts?
Hmm, Mad Dog. . .I LIKE IT! :dog2: That reminds me: @Sleepy Sheep and @tgropp : I'm afraid I did fail to mention the $50 sign up fee for joining the Groupies. Fortunately, we have a sale going on until the last day of January: 50% off (not including taxes and handling fee). Just make out your checks to Mad Dog Enterprises. I'll PM you with my address later. . .

@horselover : I'd say it's worthwhile to eat at Napa Rose, even if you don't go back in, though as @rkstocke5609 says, it's so darn easy to walk right back into the park. Easier than going from Test Track or Soarin' to World Showcase to eat. More like stepping out of the International Gate at Epcot to the boat then back again. However, if you choose not to go back, Napa Rose is such a nice place to eat, it's worth it. I say that with one caveat--check the menu. Sometimes, they have numerous mouth-watering selections, but at other times, there may only be one or two things that appeal to us. I'd make the reservation, regardless.

OK Groupies! Here’s my thoughts on the Lodge and my Studio Room after Day 2 of my stay.

I still smile every time I turn on the faucet in the bathroom sink. It’s soooo cool!

What insanity led to the design of the bathroom? They couldn’t scrape up another couple of sq ft? And You gotta be a contortionist just to reach the TP holder!

The CMs here are as AMAZING as advertised here in Groupie Land. Second only to HHI CMs, and it may actually be a tie. (I spent my last two stays at the Polynesian where you’re lucky to get a passing CM in the villas to make eye contact in the hallway. What a difference!)

Seriously! The bathroom is really small!
Just go down to the VWL lobby bathroom--it's very spacious! :rotfl: I have to concur that the HHI CMs are the best anywhere we've been. Exceptional, in fact. I also agree that the Lodge CMs are very good, as well.

Finally, HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DLI!! :bday:

Forgot to mention I got a reservation at Napa Rose for my birthday. I haven't completely decided if I'll eat in the restaurant or lounge but better to have it & cancel later. Do I want to head out of the parks early when my time is limited? I do have the entire next day & evening. What say you DLR experts?

Tough to say. I went for years without eating at Napa Rose and now have gone there for the past 3 trips! But honestly, as mentioned, it's so close it's virtually no different than eating in the parks so going back really isn't that big of a deal. I'd certainly consider WOC after Napa Rose at least. And I can go to DL without eating at Napa Rose as there are many options but it would be a nice birthday dinner. A Birthday dinner for me was the #2 dinner at Napa rose. :)

Happy Birthday DLI!

Back to work today finally. Finished all my Tamiflu yesterday. I can't tell you the last time I stayed home for 4 days straight and didn't leave the house. It was about to drive me crazy. I did do lots of Disboard reading though. Research for Aulani in December, and planning for WDW for spring break. I get to make Easter fast passes on Friday (and the remaining days of the trip). I also made a reservation for the Boathouse for February for the weekend trip to see my daughter in St. Augustine. We are just going to drive over to Disney Springs, have lunch and wander around. I hope to run by the lodge and maybe have dinner at Geyser Point for the evening and see all the new tree less surroundings. I'm anxious to see the finished product. Been listening to lots of Disney music to keep me occupied the last few weeks. Our ATT Uverse has on Demand. They have a disney parks series that has Happily Ever After, Rivers of Light, and Fantastic at Disneyland. I watched all of those too. Gotta find something to keep me going!

Hi groupies! I am trying to plan a trip October 2018 (mid-month, around the 16th). And I'm noticing an odd trend and wanted to see what anyone else thought.

I only have 50 points at the VWL (we still use the old acronym, yes? :love:), but another 100 from VGC. So obviously I can only book a couple of nights at the lodge at the 11 month window. It's still more than a month away from the 7 month window and the lodge already looks booked for the rest of my week. I don't ever recall this being the case for a non-RunDisney weekend! And then, what's even crazier to me is that BLT is open ALL week (lake view). Granted, I still can't book it yet, but my DVC world is just topsy turvy right now.

Is this just because everyone has found our lodge again because of Copper Creek? What is going on?

Hi groupies! I am trying to plan a trip October 2018 (mid-month, around the 16th). And I'm noticing an odd trend and wanted to see what anyone else thought.

I only have 50 points at the VWL (we still use the old acronym, yes? :love:), but another 100 from VGC. So obviously I can only book a couple of nights at the lodge at the 11 month window. It's still more than a month away from the 7 month window and the lodge already looks booked for the rest of my week. I don't ever recall this being the case for a non-RunDisney weekend! And then, what's even crazier to me is that BLT is open ALL week (lake view). Granted, I still can't book it yet, but my DVC world is just topsy turvy right now.

Is this just because everyone has found our lodge again because of Copper Creek? What is going on?

I've noticed the studios booking faster since the refurb when they added the murphy bed and increased the occupancy to sleep 5. Anecdotal but that's when I thought I saw the shift.

Agree with both KAT and Horsey. Plus, F&W keeps getting more popular, so that might be a smaller reason, as well. I do believe the newness of CC is attracting people in droves, so that might slow a bit in a couple of years. Overall, of course, it's been quite plain to see that booking anything at 7 months is getting to be trickier. The DIS is replete with stories of DVCers not getting into other resorts at 7 months as easily as they could even a couple of years ago. It's a trend I see sticking around thus making it all the more important to future owners to "buy where you want to stay."

Agree with both KAT and Horsey. Plus, F&W keeps getting more popular, so that might be a smaller reason, as well. I do believe the newness of CC is attracting people in droves, so that might slow a bit in a couple of years. Overall, of course, it's been quite plain to see that booking anything at 7 months is getting to be trickier. The DIS is replete with stories of DVCers not getting into other resorts at 7 months as easily as they could even a couple of years ago. It's a trend I see sticking around thus making it all the more important to future owners to "buy where you want to stay."

All those Poly points sold that don’t actually book a bungalow must contribute I would think (and, that was the point I suspect)....

Well, @DiznyDi & @Dizny Dad should be at AKV-Kidani by now, and here's hoping that they got there safely and have a wonderful villa to stay in. Say hi to some giraffes for us frozen Groupies! :)

And hi from us Groupies that are expecting 68 degrees by Sunday! hehe

And from those of us expecting a high of 27. . .:mad:

:angel:

Or those of us expecting a record cold Super Bowl of 3 degrees....

My cousin and I had originally planned to be there to enjoy the festivities that go on during the week. (Had also been hoping for the Vikings to be playing at home. :( ) I also have a college friend that is walking around on Nicollet Mall all bundled up as part of the Crew 52. I have to say it is going to be much better to be at home for this game! :beach: I count it as a nice reprieve after last year with it's record snow fall.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter