VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

@Kathymford I would also add to Kat's reply I think construction kept people away & now that it's over demand is back up. I know it kept me away for 2 years. I cannot wait to be back home end of Feb.
This was us, too! Our next VWL stay will be in December, AND we’re bringing good friends with us!

We stayed at VWL Christmas of 2015 during the construction. It was the first time I didn't ask for a lake view room. We had one of the rooms that face the lodge looking over the walkway to the lodge. It was fine. We were not bothered by the noise at all. They called and tried to get us to move to BCV during our stay, but we opted to stay put and they gave us an additional 2 fast passes per day. Since it was over Christmas, that was a nice bonus. I heard others got some free them park passes and photo pass packages after I got my fast passes. I guess I didn't I should have asked for more!

I guess I miscalculated my fastpass window for this trip. I had in my mind that I would be able to make them on Friday. Apparently last Wednesday was my day. I got an email around 5 pm. saying that I could book them. I pretty much got everything I wanted, except an early FP time for Flight of Passage. Still got them though, but a later time in the day than I had hoped for. And can I just say that the FP system at Epcot just stinks. You end up with one decent FP and two that are pretty much worthless. They really need to rethink the tiering at that park.

I also really appreciate the restaurant reservation finder on touring plans website. I was able to get a sci fi reservation within a few days of starting the inquiry. Today I got a Be Our Guest lunch reservation for the Saturday after Easter using the service. So appreciative of it finding it for me. I got the text and had it booked about a minute later. Wish we had a DVC reservation finder like that!

Finally all caught up on this thread. I have no excuses except I follow too many threads and I don’t have nearly enough DIS time. Not too much to report except we booked an October stay at Pop since we have a short fall break in our 2018 school calendar. We’ll be at Pop 10/3-10/6. Planning to do MNSSHP on Thursday 10/4 and possibly another park on 10/5.

This is my first time ever having two trips booked at once, and I’ve been going to Disney for 41 years.

Hope you are all well.

Excited for the Pats game today. Finishing up schedule for April as FP's are coming up soon. Excited that this Thursday i will be booking the Moonlight Magic night at AK in April. Wha at is everybody thoughts on how crowded it will be their? Do you think Flights of passage and River ride will still have long lines? I am hoping that they won't be so that we won't have to go to back to AK. I would like to use my FP's elsewhere on the day I planned for AK if we can get on all those rides easily at Moonlight Magic. Any thoughts???

Lakegirl
Found this from Friday. I too am curious as I hope to be able to book for Mar 21 for the same. Hope this helps!

If you did Moonlight magic at AK last year
Discussion in 'DVC-Mousecellaneous' started by kniquy, Friday at 10:44 AM.

Watch Thread
Go to First Unread

1. kniquyDIS Veteran
    New
    We are staying on site so will hopefully be able to snag the moonlight magic that is taking place at AK.

We are trying to plot out our regular day at AK and I am wondering if you attended the event, how were the wait times for the attractions?

Just looking at what was open for last year we would probably like to hit the Safari, Navi River, Everest (probably a couple times) Dinosaur and rivers of light. We will likely want to do a few character meets too.

Once the party officially begins should we expect pretty much walk on to maybe 10 minute waits or were there actually longer waits?

Being able to do these rides hopefully at the party will lighten our touring plans for our day at AK, but at least one member of our party will likely have to head back with DD4 as she will certainly not last until 1am. So we want to accomplish as much as we can earlier during the party.

kniquy, Friday at 10:44 AMReport
    #1Like+ QuoteReply

2. Amw1064DIS Veteran
    New
    I can't remember exactly the wait times but I do remember that Flight of Passage was 15 minutes at 11:45. I know this for sure as my daughter turned 15 at midnight and we all sang happy birthday to her right before the banshee took off. I wasn't riding and the guy held the ride for 1 minutes until it switched to midnight so we could sing happy birthday to her and then I walked out as I do not ride it. We did a few character greets and did the free carnival games and the dance party. It was a lot of fun.

(Aulani video)
    Amw1064, Friday at 3:09 PMReport
    #2Like+ QuoteReply
    kniquy likes this.

3. dclplutoDIS Veteran
    New
    I was there in September. Wait times were long in the beginning. At the end of the night fop was almost a walk on and the river ride was a walk on.im thinking about a hour for fop and 30 minutes for the river ride at the start of the event.so enjoy other things than come back later fo less of a wait.

dclpluto, Yesterday at 11:30 AMReport
    #3Like+ QuoteReply

4. Sleepy425DIS Veteran
    New
    We didn't stay for the whole time. But I believe at about 11pm my husband and son rode FOP with about a 20 minute wait. If I didn't have three younger kids who were miserably exhausted, they would have happily kept jumping back into line to ride it again and again!

Sleepy425, Yesterday at 11:44 AMReport
    #4Like+ QuoteReply

5. ScubaCatDIS Veteran
    New
    Navi river journey was a walk on most of the evening. I enjoyed it a couple of times and then began using it as relief from the 800 degrees and 120% humidity that never seemed to let up. Everest was a walkon too, and I rode that a few times. All in all it was fun, and I appreciated the complimentary hot dogs and chips. If I recall, the ice cream bars were only at the Starbucks (just like in real Africa ;) j/k)

ScubaCat, Yesterday at 1:04 PMReport
    #5Like+ QuoteReply

Last edited:
:bday: Happy Birthday WDad !!! :bday:

happy-25-clipart-disney-8.jpg

Hi All, new WLV owner here! We are original BCV owners (2001), 200 points, and just bought 25 WL-BR direct points. So we are selling the BCV to buy in at BR! $$ wise should be a wash, we think. We decided we prefer WL now, way more than BCV. For so many reasons. The quick service and restaurant options, the easy access to MK by boat, and also easy access to the Fort and Contemporary by boat. And the atmosphere, of course! We recently stayed at Copper Creek, in October, and liked it very much, except maybe the smaller living room and kitchen area, it seemed smaller to us than BR. We have stayed at Boulder Ridge 3-4 times over the years, going with that because it costs less resale and we do not really need the extra years in the CC contract.

I was somewhat ignorant of how the use year thing worked with multiple contracts (DUH!), when I went ahead and bought the 25 add on points. However with only 25 (June) points, I think I will buy the best contract and live with the hassle of different use years, if I see a good deal on the resale market. I don't know. How does transferring work? Can you only do it as you are booking a room?

Thanks all, I love reading this thread, glad to be moving home resorts later this year (need that BCV to sell!)

Welcome to the groupies PatMcDuck!!!!
Just to clarify, you don't have to own at VWL to be a groupie, you passed the only requirement, a love for all things Lodgey! And you passed with flying colors:D
Im not sure how to answer about transferring, and different use yrs, etc., but I feel sure someone here will come along soon and answer so I will leave that to the smarter ones in our bunch:worship:

I imagine you will have no trouble selling BCV as there are lots of folks who will clamor to get it

Hi All, new WLV owner here! We are original BCV owners (2001), 200 points, and just bought 25 WL-BR direct points. So we are selling the BCV to buy in at BR! $$ wise should be a wash, we think. We decided we prefer WL now, way more than BCV. For so many reasons. The quick service and restaurant options, the easy access to MK by boat, and also easy access to the Fort and Contemporary by boat. And the atmosphere, of course! We recently stayed at Copper Creek, in October, and liked it very much, except maybe the smaller living room and kitchen area, it seemed smaller to us than BR. We have stayed at Boulder Ridge 3-4 times over the years, going with that because it costs less resale and we do not really need the extra years in the CC contract.

I was somewhat ignorant of how the use year thing worked with multiple contracts (DUH!), when I went ahead and bought the 25 add on points. However with only 25 (June) points, I think I will buy the best contract and live with the hassle of different use years, if I see a good deal on the resale market. I don't know. How does transferring work? Can you only do it as you are booking a room?

Thanks all, I love reading this thread, glad to be moving home resorts later this year (need that BCV to sell!)
:welcome:, McDuck! As JT says, all it takes to be a Groupie is a love of the Lodge, and you certainly seem to possess that! Now, there's the small thing about the dues (payable to moi and currently at a discounted rate of $25, but more on that later), but let's not worry about that now. ;) We've stayed at BCV and enjoyed it; however, we prefer the more laid back, relaxing sense one gets when at the Lodge. If you're not worried about the contract end date, then I'd say you've made a fine switch. Living with the different UYs is not a huge deal. You'll still be able to book at 11 months out with both contracts; the only real issue might be if you have to cancel late, but even that is a minor annoyance. If you've a birthday you want to share with the group, just pm KAT4DISNEY; if you want to be added to our travel list, just pm me. Neither is necessary. Welcome home!

And, HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THE DAD O' WILDERNESS, AKA our very own @wildernessDad!! :bday:

Lakegirl
Found this from Friday. I too am curious as I hope to be able to book for Mar 21 for the same. Hope this helps!

If you did Moonlight magic at AK last year
Discussion in 'DVC-Mousecellaneous' started by kniquy, Friday at 10:44 AM.

Watch Thread
Go to First Unread

1. kniquyDIS Veteran
    New
    We are staying on site so will hopefully be able to snag the moonlight magic that is taking place at AK.

We are trying to plot out our regular day at AK and I am wondering if you attended the event, how were the wait times for the attractions?

Just looking at what was open for last year we would probably like to hit the Safari, Navi River, Everest (probably a couple times) Dinosaur and rivers of light. We will likely want to do a few character meets too.

Once the party officially begins should we expect pretty much walk on to maybe 10 minute waits or were there actually longer waits?

Being able to do these rides hopefully at the party will lighten our touring plans for our day at AK, but at least one member of our party will likely have to head back with DD4 as she will certainly not last until 1am. So we want to accomplish as much as we can earlier during the party.

kniquy, Friday at 10:44 AMReport
    #1Like+ QuoteReply

2. Amw1064DIS Veteran
    New
    I can't remember exactly the wait times but I do remember that Flight of Passage was 15 minutes at 11:45. I know this for sure as my daughter turned 15 at midnight and we all sang happy birthday to her right before the banshee took off. I wasn't riding and the guy held the ride for 1 minutes until it switched to midnight so we could sing happy birthday to her and then I walked out as I do not ride it. We did a few character greets and did the free carnival games and the dance party. It was a lot of fun.

(Aulani video)
    Amw1064, Friday at 3:09 PMReport
    #2Like+ QuoteReply
    kniquy likes this.

3. dclplutoDIS Veteran
    New
    I was there in September. Wait times were long in the beginning. At the end of the night fop was almost a walk on and the river ride was a walk on.im thinking about a hour for fop and 30 minutes for the river ride at the start of the event.so enjoy other things than come back later fo less of a wait.

dclpluto, Yesterday at 11:30 AMReport
    #3Like+ QuoteReply

4. Sleepy425DIS Veteran
    New
    We didn't stay for the whole time. But I believe at about 11pm my husband and son rode FOP with about a 20 minute wait. If I didn't have three younger kids who were miserably exhausted, they would have happily kept jumping back into line to ride it again and again!

Sleepy425, Yesterday at 11:44 AMReport
    #4Like+ QuoteReply

5. ScubaCatDIS Veteran
    New
    Navi river journey was a walk on most of the evening. I enjoyed it a couple of times and then began using it as relief from the 800 degrees and 120% humidity that never seemed to let up. Everest was a walkon too, and I rode that a few times. All in all it was fun, and I appreciated the complimentary hot dogs and chips. If I recall, the ice cream bars were only at the Starbucks (just like in real Africa ;) j/k)

ScubaCat, Yesterday at 1:04 PMReport
    #5Like+ QuoteReply
Thank you so very much!!! You are the best!!! What do you think you will do? Still FP AK rides?

Excited for the Pats game today. Finishing up schedule for April as FP's are coming up soon. Excited that this Thursday i will be booking the Moonlight Magic night at AK in April. Wha at is everybody thoughts on how crowded it will be their? Do you think Flights of passage and River ride will still have long lines? I am hoping that they won't be so that we won't have to go to back to AK. I would like to use my FP's elsewhere on the day I planned for AK if we can get on all those rides easily at Moonlight Magic. Any thoughts???

Fellow WL lover who posts mostly in the CCV Lovers thread, but I attended last year and thought I would share. All of the rides were walk on (for the teenagers at Everest, it was a run around to do it again ASAP), but FOP was about an hour wait the whole night. We joined the line around 11:30 because there wasn't anything else we wanted to do with our last 1.5 hours and it took about 50 minutes (65 min posted). I think it was still posted at about 60 min when we got off, but I can't say if the wait was really that long. It was still much shorter than any other time we were at AK, so it was well worth it. The river ride was a walk on for us with a 20 min posted wait. Otherwise, rare characters appeared to have the longest waits. Might be a little better this year? It was a good time either way!

Fellow WL lover who posts mostly in the CCV Lovers thread, but I attended last year and thought I would share. All of the rides were walk on (for the teenagers at Everest, it was a run around to do it again ASAP), but FOP was about an hour wait the whole night. We joined the line around 11:30 because there wasn't anything else we wanted to do with our last 1.5 hours and it took about 50 minutes (65 min posted). I think it was still posted at about 60 min when we got off, but I can't say if the wait was really that long. It was still much shorter than any other time we were at AK, so it was well worth it. The river ride was a walk on for us with a 20 min posted wait. Otherwise, rare characters appeared to have the longest waits. Might be a little better this year? It was a good time either way!

Thanks for sharing your experience! I'm planning on attending April 17th.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter