VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

Can someone explain the current 3 tracks of TSMM? I know about the one by itself. Do the steps lead you to two different loading stations? I do not understand where the 3 tracks are.

Thank you.

Can someone explain the current 3 tracks of TSMM? I know about the one by itself. Do the steps lead you to two different loading stations? I do not understand where the 3 tracks are.

Thank you.

We haven't ended up on the new 3rd track but currently it sounds like you'd get directed a different direction than going up the steps and over the track for the 2 original tracks.

Ah google - I figured someone must have "mapped" it out! https://wdwnt.com/2016/05/photos-co...-toy-story-midway-mania-at-hollywood-studios/

We haven't ended up on the new 3rd track but currently it sounds like you'd get directed a different direction than going up the steps and over the track for the 2 original tracks.

Ah google - I figured someone must have "mapped" it out! https://wdwnt.com/2016/05/photos-co...-toy-story-midway-mania-at-hollywood-studios/

I have been through the new track. I do not understand that 2 tracks were there originally. Was not there just 1 line, going up the steps?

I have been through the new track. I do not understand that 2 tracks were there originally. Was not there just 1 line, going up the steps?

Yes, just the one entry but the cars vary which track they head to after the training scene. You could note the difference by the amount of time it took to get to the first game.

This map shows where the switch points are (purple dots) to split the tracks and then bring them back together.

tpr_127.jpg

This blueprint is actually from TSMM at DCA at Disneyland but it shows where the games are on the tracks and it's very similar to the 2 original tracks at DHS. Helps see what the layout means. Kind of fun - I knew they were a bit inter-twined and could tell when we went on one vs the other but had never looked at a map showing how it goes.

4668039430_2c120b524c_b.jpg

Last edited:

Received my email about 30 minutes ago for the AKV Moonlight magic sign up. Now to decide if I'll skip the 9am rush for sign up and potential spinning wheels. Probably will wait for a couple of hours and just do it at normal west coast time vs getting up a bit early. Hope the sign up goes well for everyone who is looking to go!

Received my email about 30 minutes ago for the AKV Moonlight magic sign up. Now to decide if I'll skip the 9am rush for sign up and potential spinning wheels. Probably will wait for a couple of hours and just do it at normal west coast time vs getting up a bit early. Hope the sign up goes well for everyone who is looking to go!
How do we sign up? It just says "online". Will they send us a link?

How do we sign up? It just says "online". Will they send us a link?

Did you receive the email? It has a link in it where it says "See Booking Details". Currently it takes you to a count down but it will become active at 9am eastern.

Just to add I loved that 3rd track at Studios, for TS Mania. NO STAIRS! My son has trouble with stairs (special needs). And we disliked waiting in the HC area to board there, sometimes that line got long, plus it really was not necessary for him to use that boarding area.

Apparently, it was a quiet day here on the Groupies thread. Just another work day here, but to keep it Disney-oriented, I did daydream a little about staying at VWL and once again walking down the lovely nature trail. I miss that simpler time despite the new upscale look at our beloved Lodge.

I was able to book my Moonlight Magic for AK on the 17th of April. Super excited!!! Now to figure out how I will sneak a nap in as we will be up at 4:25 that morning to head to the airport for our stay at VWL!!!

I was able to book my Moonlight Magic for AK on the 17th of April. Super excited!!! Now to figure out how I will sneak a nap in as we will be up at 4:25 that morning to head to the airport for our stay at VWL!!!

Also booked for April 17th! When they announced the date I had just learned I'd have to leave on April 22nd instead of the 23rd so I changed my arrival to April 16th instead of the 17th. Worked out well and I can be rested and ready to go!

So my countdown for my Aulani/VGC trip is down to 57 days! Still working out the kinks in the planning, but at this point we are pretty much locked and loaded. I guess we will Uber between LAX and VGC, and I assume that can take quite a while at certain parts of the day? I'm trying to figure out how early we would need to leave VGC for a 12:15 pm flight? My guess is that we would need to leave by 9:00 am or so?

And congratulations @Lakegirl & @KAT4DISNEY on booking the Moonlight Magic at DAK. Should be a lot of fun, and we'll look forward to the report! At the same time you two are doing the Moonlight Magic, DW & I will be taking the red eye from Honolulu to LAX. I think I like your plans for that day a little better! :)

So my countdown for my Aulani/VGC trip is down to 57 days! Still working out the kinks in the planning, but at this point we are pretty much locked and loaded. I guess we will Uber between LAX and VGC, and I assume that can take quite a while at certain parts of the day? I'm trying to figure out how early we would need to leave VGC for a 12:15 pm flight? My guess is that we would need to leave by 9:00 am or so?

And congratulations @Lakegirl & @KAT4DISNEY on booking the Moonlight Magic at DAK. Should be a lot of fun, and we'll look forward to the report! At the same time you two are doing the Moonlight Magic, DW & I will be taking the red eye from Honolulu to LAX. I think I like your plans for that day a little better! :)

haha - me too Granny!

For LAX we generally average 45-50 minutes from VGC so usually budget 1 hour. Late morning should not be too bad for traffic and once you can get in the express lanes it's not too bad as long as no accidents. If I ever have a question I go to one of the car services and put in my info to see when they would pick us up! :) One little thing I read is that some people ran into Uber drivers who took their rides at VGC and then said they weren't allowed to enter the property (not true). The drivers then apparently get paid $5 or something. Anyway - just a tidbit if your Uber seems to be "missing". We've used Uber 3 times to get picked up at VGC and it's been no issue. Or at least not much. My first ride there the driver actually honked for me when he drove up! :sad2: The VGC CM's were NOT amused. And of course that was just the start of the ride......:rolleyes1

Felt like I hit the lotto(though I don't play:D)when I got locked in Thurs and was able to snag a Moonlight Magic night for Mar 21 at AK!! I never get lucky on these things so feel really lucky now.

Awesome! Sounds like a few of the Groupies have done a good job snagging those MM reservations! :thumbsup2

Also booked for April 17th! When they announced the date I had just learned I'd have to leave on April 22nd instead of the 23rd so I changed my arrival to April 16th instead of the 17th. Worked out well and I can be rested and ready to go!
That is so funny we are going the 17th-23rd.

OMG, I feel so out of the whole World loop since we haven't been in two years. I had to look up what Moonlight magic was that everyone was talking about! UGH, I feel like we're so far behind on the new stuff. I need to hang out with you all more. Now, if I was retired (like I had planned to be at this point), instead of being in the throes of yet another tax season...I foresee a lot of planning and research for our trip this year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter