VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

And I'm sticking with the Glass Slipper! Fur Slippers seem like they would have stretched over the first foot they encountered and THAT would certainly have ended the hope and dreams of all. Just imagine Drizella cramming her bunion deformed foot into them and the Prince thinking "Oh Sh**".

giphy.gif

Just a few more pics from our trip. I have dozens, so I'll sprinkle them about over the next few days or so.

Classic Disney!
Mortimer_zpsplo7dnjc.jpg

Grinning but sad Paradise Pier was closed. . .
1st%20Day%207_zpstpm0yacr.jpg

Peter giving Catherine advice to "not grow up too much"
1st%20Day%206_zpsx8iskuag.jpg

Finally, Mickey beignets (another first for C)
1st%20Day%205_zps0dgott2c.jpg

Morning Groupies! We have our 1st trip to SSR (1BR) booked for the Saturday before Thanksgiving through Thanksgiving (flying back to Mpls on Turkey day). Are there any must do’s at Saratoga? Happy weekend!

Morning Groupies! We have our 1st trip to SSR (1BR) booked for the Saturday before Thanksgiving through Thanksgiving (flying back to Mpls on Turkey day). Are there any must do’s at Saratoga? Happy weekend!
One word: Spa!
(Expensive, but oh, so worth it. Show up early and enjoy the facilities prior to your ____ (manicure, massage, pedicure, facial)

In the brother Grimm Version of the fairy tale, Aschenbrödel, the sisters actually cut of part of their feet. One the toes, the other the heel. Both times, the sister already is on her way to the castle when the birds sing „ruckidigu Blut ist im Schuh!“ (rookiedeegoo blood is in the shoe) and the sister is returned. I was always appalled by someone being so stupid as to cut if part of their feet when I heard the story as a kid.

I believe the latest movie version a couple of years ago implied the sisters cut off parts of their feet, as well.

I had heard that some scenes were added about the step sisters but when I saw the live action Cinderella movie it grossed me out too.

We've only stayed at SSR twice, but here was the information we gathered.

Quick Service: Artist Palette is one of the best QS in the DVC system. Definitely worthwhile for a quick bite to eat.

Table Service: Turf Club has gotten many thumbs up over the years, but some recent definitive "thumbs down" reviews. We've never eaten there but with so many choices within walking distance at DS, I would probably head in that direction for the variety and quality offered.

I'm not sure what qualifies as a "must do" at any resort. It's so personal...some people might find strolling around the grounds a "must do" while others feel it's a "must avoid". We enjoyed our time at SSR but didn't partake of the spa. One other thing you can do is to tour the current DVC resort models at the DVC Center there. Aside from that, I'm not sure what kind of hidden gems are at SSR. Enjoy your trip planning!

We've only stayed at SSR twice, but here was the information we gathered.

Quick Service: Artist Palette is one of the best QS in the DVC system. Definitely worthwhile for a quick bite to eat.

Table Service: Turf Club has gotten many thumbs up over the years, but some recent definitive "thumbs down" reviews. We've never eaten there but with so many choices within walking distance at DS, I would probably head in that direction for the variety and quality offered.

I'm not sure what qualifies as a "must do" at any resort. It's so personal...some people might find strolling around the grounds a "must do" while others feel it's a "must avoid". We enjoyed our time at SSR but didn't partake of the spa. One other thing you can do is to tour the current DVC resort models at the DVC Center there. Aside from that, I'm not sure what kind of hidden gems are at SSR. Enjoy your trip planning!

We walked through on our way to DS from a park, it was the easiest solution. Looking forward to the opportunity to check it out. I will look for the DVC spot, maybe I can score a FP or 2 for a minimal time investment. Glad to hear about the QS, to this point I thought the best resort ones were at Coronado & Art of Animation. Also looking forward to checking the pool & the community room out, oh I guess I want to check out the tree houses as well...

One word: Spa!
(Expensive, but oh, so worth it. Show up early and enjoy the facilities prior to your ____ (manicure, massage, pedicure, facial)
We have done the Spa at Swan (or is it Dolphin) - I don’t recall, but we did a couples thing and it was pretty cool, I’ll definitely mention this to my wife, maybe she wants to do something with my daughter..(and maybe I can wander for an adult beverage...hmm.. Raglan Rd for a pint of Guinness...)

Thanks for the idea!

We walked through on our way to DS from a park, it was the easiest solution. Looking forward to the opportunity to check it out. I will look for the DVC spot, maybe I can score a FP or 2 for a minimal time investment. Glad to hear about the QS, to this point I thought the best resort ones were at Coronado & Art of Animation.

I agree that Art of Animation and CS have very good food courts, and the SSR Quick Service does not compare to those. I was comparing only to the DVC resort quick service options which in general are not all that good. Compared to DVC resorts, Artists Palette is very good. Compared to budget and moderate resorts, not so good. But honestly, there are a lot of quick service options in Disney Springs as well so dining should not be an issue for your trip!

Are you preferred or standard view? Just curious since we've only stayed in the Congress Park area.

I agree that Art of Animation and CS have very good food courts, and the SSR Quick Service does not compare to those. I was comparing only to the DVC resort quick service options which in general are not all that good. Compared to DVC resorts, Artists Palette is very good. Compared to budget and moderate resorts, not so good. But honestly, there are a lot of quick service options in Disney Springs as well so dining should not be an issue for your trip!

Are you preferred or standard view? Just curious since we've only stayed in the Congress Park area.
We went with preferred as the point difference was very nominal...

Haven't been to the Lodge in quite some time, since the remodel began. We are contemplating our first points rental. Can someone please point me to accurate bed descriptions, square footage, and possibly photos of both VWL and CCVC which are up to date? I seem to be finding old photos or incomplete information in my searching.

Thanks Groupies!

Haven't been to the Lodge in quite some time, since the remodel began. We are contemplating our first points rental. Can someone please point me to accurate bed descriptions, square footage, and possibly photos of both VWL and CCVC which are up to date? I seem to be finding old photos or incomplete information in my searching.

Thanks Groupies!

What size villa are you planning on? If studio the bed config is queen bed and double sleeper sofa in both CCV and BRV plus BRV has a pull down Murphy bed that will sleep a child or shorter adult.

Thanks Groupies!

Photos for CCV on allears http://allears.net/acc/g-copper-creek-villas.htm

This photo gallery on allears.net is also current for BRV http://allears.net/acc/g_wlv.htm

Thanks Groupies!

I’ll add this link for information, stats, & photos. BRV was remodeled like 5 years ago, and of course CCV is new...

https://dvcnews.com/index.php/resorts/villas-at-wilderness-lodge/general-information-25349

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter