• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

Thanks for the Bday wishes folks, y'all are so kind to acknowledge it.

Speaking of Birthdays, I saw a friend post on FB this AM a tidbit(not scientific knowledge, but fun all the same)where you figure out the #1 song on your 14th Bday, and it defines your life. So I dug a bit, not hard to search for, and found mine...
"Le Freak" by Chic. Well that pretty much sums it up for me and maybe its scientific after all :rotfl2:

Had to take a look and mine was "Funkytown"! Maybe explains why I still will bounce around to a good disco song. :dancer:

What I didn't know was who performed that song - "Lipps Inc" and that they were from my home state - Minnesota!

The year of my 14th birthday had quite an eclectic mix of #1 hits.

Last edited:
Had to take a look and mine was "Funkytown"! Maybe explains why I still will bounce around to a good disco song. :dancer:

What I didn't know was who performed that song - "Lipps Inc" and that they were from my home state - Minnesota!

The year of my 14th birthday had quite an eclectic mix of #1 hits.
Yes, those were the days. I introduced my DD to ABBA via "Dancing Queen". She loves em!!
KC and the Sunshine Band, Bee Gees, Tavares, etc. My middle school days were full of the disco kings/queens

I still hear the synthesizer in my head of "Funkytown" now...Dee, dee, dee, dee, dah, dee, dee, dee, dee, dee :teeth:

Wow Jimmy . . I looked for the #1 song when I was 14 . . . and found that it depends on what system you use and what type of music (Pop, Rock, Country, etc). But the old songs came rushing back to me; all except the top song listed on my birthday - Bobby Goldsboro's "Honey". I had no recollection of this song, so I found it and played it. Now my eyes are teary. I love my DiznyDi, bought her a puppy this Christmas, planted trees years ago, and the song goes on . . . . . . .

Well, DDad, since we are the same age, that is mine also. And it really was!!! I loved Bobby Goldsboro back in the day. It was a tearjerker.

Thanks for the Bday wishes folks, y'all are so kind to acknowledge it.

Speaking of Birthdays, I saw a friend post on FB this AM a tidbit(not scientific knowledge, but fun all the same)where you figure out the #1 song on your 14th Bday, and it defines your life. So I dug a bit, not hard to search for, and found mine...
"Le Freak" by Chic. Well that pretty much sums it up for me and maybe its scientific after all :rotfl2:

showing our age - mine is “Family Affair” by Sly and the Family Stone. Hubby’s- “Love Chid” by Diana Ross & the Supremes. 🤔. ????

Up and at'em, Groupies! It's the weekend. . .almost. Hope everyone has superb Super Bowl weekend, even if you don't watch the game (which I likely won't watch much of). May get a little snow early tomorrow, but by Monday we're supposed to hit 60F! I'll believe it when I see it. Meanwhile, I came across this article which is basically a fluff piece, yet it might still be of interest to you. Josh D'Amaro is the new head mouse at WDW--let's hope he follows through on his proclaimed emphasis on CMs. https://www.bizjournals.com/orlando...-magic-kingdom-with.html?ana=yahoo&yptr=yahoo
Great article Sleepy! I sure hope he gets the WDW ship uprighted and I feel starting with the spirit of the CMs is a smart place.

Hi Groupies! Been away at a retreat for the weekend, so just now catching up.

Jimmy...I'm not sure about that whole song thing but the #1 song on my 14th birthday appears to have been either "Aquarius/Let the Sun Shine In" by the 5th Dimension or else "Hair" by the Cowsills. Talk about showing my age!

I think the theory of defining my life would have been closer if I had been born a week earlier. At that time, the #1 song was "Dizzy" by Tommy Roe. :)

Very weird thing happened last night I went into my DVC account to modify my reservation I noticed the confirming email was not mine, I then looked and the phone # on the account was not mine either. I switched them and changed my password. MS was closed so I couldn’t report it.
This morning, someone hacked my credit card and tried to charge over $4,000.00 in NC. My credit card company let the first one go through but then sent me a text thankfully. I find it very coincidental that something was up with my DVC account and then my credit card was used fraudulently. I called MS and of course they said one couldn’t have anything to do with the other but it was still worrisome.
on another note I made a reservation at Tropolinos when we are there. A friend went and said it is now their new favorite!.

Very weird thing happened last night I went into my DVC account to modify my reservation I noticed the confirming email was not mine, I then looked and the phone # on the account was not mine either. I switched them and changed my password. MS was closed so I couldn’t report it.
This morning, someone hacked my credit card and tried to charge over $4,000.00 in NC. My credit card company let the first one go through but then sent me a text thankfully. I find it very coincidental that something was up with my DVC account and then my credit card was used fraudulently. I called MS and of course they said one couldn’t have anything to do with the other but it was still worrisome.
on another note I made a reservation at Tropolinos when we are there. A friend went and said it is now their new favorite!.
Wow - glad you caught that. Sorry about the CC, but at least they did stop it and reverted the first charge (yes?).
Your post is a good reminder that we should make habit of going through all our accounts, DVC, banking and otherwise just to ensure contact info is correct.

One other possibility fo the reservation part is that they have been doing major updates during a couple of evenings in the past week. I’ve read of that same thing happening before to people during those times. Database management has often appeared to be very sloppy to me with DVC. So it might be coincidence with the credit card. Or not. If only whomever hacked the credit card would use their powers for good instead of evil.

Not a guarantee of wrong doing, but best practice would be to make sure your computer is clean. Keylogging is a real thing, and your computer could have a logger, which will result in various "odd" things.
First advice is if you use the same computer for everything, is make sure it's clean. Use another known clean pc to log into your more important accounts and update passwords etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter