VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

Not a guarantee of wrong doing, but best practice would be to make sure your computer is clean. Keylogging is a real thing, and your computer could have a logger, which will result in various "odd" things.
First advice is if you use the same computer for everything, is make sure it's clean. Use another known clean pc to log into your more important accounts and update passwords etc.

What are the best softwares these days for cleaning up a computer? I've been feeling "itchy" and going to run some scans.

Thanks for the Bday wishes folks, y'all are so kind to acknowledge it.

Speaking of Birthdays, I saw a friend post on FB this AM a tidbit(not scientific knowledge, but fun all the same)where you figure out the #1 song on your 14th Bday, and it defines your life. So I dug a bit, not hard to search for, and found mine...
"Le Freak" by Chic. Well that pretty much sums it up for me and maybe its scientific after all :rotfl2:
Oh, so that's what all this hub bub is about. (I missed this post somehow)

for me it's "Babe" by Styx.

I used to love Styx and am happy with the results, although the song is rather sad and if that's supposed to define my life - yikes!
I'm pretty sure this song was on one of a collection of 20 albums I had won from Lechmere that year.

Last edited:

Did everyone get the Email about Mickey and Minnie Runaway Railroad opening March 4th?

Did everyone get the Email about Mickey and Minnie Runaway Railroad opening March 4th?

No email, but I had read it elsewhere. I also read that Smuggler's Run and Slinky Dog Dash are now the only Tier 1 rides at DHS. That frees up Toy Story Mania, Rock n Roller Coaster, and Tower of Terror which are no longer restricted to Tier 1 (one Tier 1 FP at a time). That helps DHS be a park that's worth visiting again.

That opening date for MMRR of March 4 should allow plenty of time for delays and bug elimination before our May trip. :) Rumor is that it will open without FastPass just like the Galaxy's Edge attractions.

Overall, the new attractions and the new Tier system at DHS make it a much more attractive park to visit in the future. We had basically written it off when virtually every attraction was a Tier 1. :sad2:

No email, but I had read it elsewhere. I also read that Smuggler's Run and Slinky Dog Dash are now the only Tier 1 rides at DHS. That frees up Toy Story Mania, Rock n Roller Coaster, and Tower of Terror which are no longer restricted to Tier 1 (one Tier 1 FP at a time). That helps DHS be a park that's worth visiting again.

That opening date for MMRR of March 4 should allow plenty of time for delays and bug elimination before our May trip. :) Rumor is that it will open without FastPass just like the Galaxy's Edge attractions.

Overall, the new attractions and the new Tier system at DHS make it a much more attractive park to visit in the future. We had basically written it off when virtually every attraction was a Tier 1. :sad2:
Agree that removing all those rides from Tier 1 was a good move--I don't understand why they ever had so many as Tier 1. When we were there, everyone was just sitting around and waiting, either for RotR or any one of the other Tier 1 rides. Now, if the new Mickey/Minnie ride just happens to have a soft opening for DVC or AP holders, we'll gladly jump on that while we're there!

My company uses Sophos, but there are plenty of others out there.

Yes, we also use Sophos for our system, that has grown now to a little over 200 desktop, laptop, and tablets. But at Home I use CleanMyMac since I'm an Apple user . . . . . don't get me starter. :smooth:

Yes, we also use Sophos for our system, that has grown now to a little over 200 desktop, laptop, and tablets. But at Home I use CleanMyMac since I'm an Apple user . . . . . don't get me starter. :smooth:

I use Sophos here at home also. It has been good

Hi all! Just returned from our first trip as owners at VWL/BRV. It was all that we remembered and more. We had a lovely lake view but I just kept walking the room and taking it ALL in. I have to admit I wept a bit....it's been a long time coming. I know you all understand.

Hi all! Just returned from our first trip as owners at VWL/BRV. It was all that we remembered and more. We had a lovely lake view but I just kept walking the room and taking it ALL in. I have to admit I wept a bit....it's been a long time coming. I know you all understand.
@Suzabella There is something about that place that touches all of us on here. So happy to hear your first trip as owners was all you hoped it would be! Even when our overall trip is less than ideal, we can count on WL/VWL to put a smile on our face and warm our hearts. Thanks for sharing with us!

I'll take a look at Sophos - thanks all!

I could use CleanMyMac but it would have to do a lot of cleaning to find a Mac to start! I'm apparently the one person on the planet who can break any Apple device in 60 seconds or less even though I'm not even trying. :rotfl: I finally found an ipad that has been determined to hang in there with me although then the screen broke. And it's the only broken screen I've ever had on anything so I guess actually it's back to the "I'm apparently the one person on the planet that can break any Apple device".

Oh, so that's what all this hub bub is about. (I missed this post somehow)

for me it's "Babe" by Styx.

I used to love Styx and am happy with the results, although the song is rather sad and if that's supposed to define my life - yikes!
I'm pretty sure this song was on one of a collection of 20 albums I had won from Lechmere that year.
Cindy
"Babe" was written by Dennis DeYoung as a birthday gift to his wife Suzanne (who BTW is still his wife since 1970, very unusual in the music/entertainment business). He had not intentions of releasing it as a song on their albums, but the other Styx members convinced him otherwise, and the rest is history. I only know this because he speaks about it at Epcot during Garden Rocks, and Eat to the Beat. His wife is a backup singer for his band. I saw his band after their shows one night in the Belle Vue Lounge at BW, but alas, no Dennis.
I have a soft spot for Styx as they were the 1st live concert I attended in my youth, Paradise Theater tour in 81. Again, useless knowledge for all to bear :rotfl2:

Evidently this was a bad rumor. I just read that MMRR is available on FP+ at this time! And yes, it is a Tier 1 attraction along with Slinky Dog and Smuggler's Run.

Evidently this was a bad rumor. I just read that MMRR is available on FP+ at this time! And yes, it is a Tier 1 attraction along with Slinky Dog and Smuggler's Run.
Yep, saw that, too. We're still gonna wish upon a star that they'll do a soft opening for DVCers (and/or APers). . .

Good morning Groupies! :banana::banana:Doing the single digit dance. Sunday, I check into VWL. I can not wait. Weather forecast is looking hot with many days in the 80's!

Meanwhile, I am sitting and looking out my window at the falling snow. I will soon need to go shovel the driveway. The best thing about sunshine and rain is that you do not have to shovel it.

Good morning Groupies! :banana::banana:Doing the single digit dance. Sunday, I check into VWL. I can not wait. Weather forecast is looking hot with many days in the 80's!

Meanwhile, I am sitting and looking out my window at the falling snow. I will soon need to go shovel the driveway. The best thing about sunshine and rain is that you do not have to shovel it.

Claire...a February trip to the world sounds like a wonderful idea on a snowy day in Canada! You're probably looking at about a 70 degree temperature swing from departure to landing! :mickeyjum

Have a wonderful trip, and let us know if you see anything interesting you want to share about our home. :)

It's going to hit 61 degrees in my part of Mass in an hour here... Someone call the maintenance man, February is broken.

The one thing I really miss about cutting cable is missing the weather forecasts. It's quick and convenient to get my weather and news off my phone, but I miss "Bob" and his explanations of how weather worked. Why things were the way they were. I think kids these days may be missing out on some educational entertainment there.

I can still get glimpses of a news report online, but they're mostly from forecasters with general understandings and not true meteorologists who love to share their knowledge. (Just noted our local weather reporter has the tag Meteorologist on her name, but she drones on... no excitement or real depth to the info she's sharing)

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter