Vwl never again

I don't need to read the entire thread to share my opinion:

Your response was rude, classless, and ignorant. It is truly shameful to hear that you treated a cast member that way.

Your reasons to not return are entirely baseless.

That is the policy at ALL resorts I have visited, and ALL world-class hotels that employ bell staff that provide to the room luggage service.

Positions with bell services EVERYWHERE are hourly+gratuity positions.
They had EVERY right to stand there and watch you unload your vehicle - all you had to do was check your bags, go to your room, pick up the phone and ask they be delivered. That's it. That's all you had to do. In the time you spent making multiple trips back and forth, they could have had your bags out of your vehicle, and to your room.

This is a hospitality industry standard. Definitely not a "new" policy.

If they took you directly to your room, then depending on the number of arrivals - there wouldn't be ANYONE at bell services, they would all be out delivering luggage to rooms.

It is never OK to treat someone with such disrespect for absolutely no reason.

The only DVC resort that I can recall visiting that has guest use luggage carts is Hilton Head Island, and they are VERY different than the standard luggage cart.

OP, you should be ashamed of your behavior.

I dont think i treated anyone with dis respect. I simply asked for help/assitance with luggage during an off time. I didn't curse at him i expressed my opinion that was all which is what these boards are. I know some of you have beaten me up but thats OK its all good i got nothing but love for this site, WDW, and all things Disney, always have and always will.

Peace and Love Peace and Love,:love:

I dont think i treated anyone with dis respect. I simply asked for help/assitance with luggage during an off time. I didn't curse at him i expressed my opinion that was all which is what these boards are. I know some of you have beaten me up but thats OK its all good i got nothing but love for this site, WDW, and all things Disney, always have and always will.

Sometimes it helps to assume that maybe we don't always know all the details and to also assume that not every single one of the 60,000+ employees that work at WDW all know all the details as well.

If this is a reason to never go to VWL, than it can be argued that it is a reason to never return to WDW.

Your issues were small potatoes. I suspect that if you start letting these kinds of scenarios not get to you, not only will you enjoy your vacations more, but maybe even life a bit more as well.

I know we're kind of beating a dead horse at this point, but you didn't ASK for help. You told him you would just do it yourself.

I don't think anyone here means any disrespect either. We are just looking at it from an outsider's perspective.

This incident is related to the separate status of Valet (employees of BAGS, INC) and Bell Services (employees of Disney). Apparently use of luggage carts at arrival at the front door is restricted to Valet. You can carry them yourself inside and get a bell person or you can pay (tip) valet to unload onto a cart and then pay (tip) Bell Services to deliver to the room. On departure Bell Services can bring your stuff from your room all the way to your car, if it is waiting in the arrival/departure area. This setup is a pet peeve of mine. I am a good tipper and prefer to tip only once. Petty of me, I know.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

I have no problem with their policy and adjust my tip accordingly. When I drop off my car at valet, I don't tip. I tip when I pick it up. I don't tip when I drop off my luggage, either. I tip when it is brought to my room. I tip well, but only once.

As for using the valet carts, I think it is normal for hotels NOT to let guests use them. They are valet tools.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter