VWL Refurb Info

When we stayed in a 1 BD last month I looked around and I believe if the TV was mounted on the wall, a sleeper chair would fit. The murphy bed is not full size, so unless the guest is around 5 ft. tall or less, or doesn't mind not being able to stretch out, they really won't fit on it. It is good for little kids, but not teens unless they are on the smaller size. Our 13 yr. old 5'3" daughter was able to sleep on the murphy bed at Riverside a couple of years ago, but barely. I wonder if a true twin size murphy bed would fit somewhere in a 1 BD. That would be my choice. Does anyone know if the "table" in the studios can be folded up without the bed being down? It really is ugly and I'd rather have it out of the way.

In that the last post in this thread is about a week old, I would like to inquire further about pictures of the newly renovated rooms. It appears that I have seena bit of the studio and maybe 1 pic on the 1 bedroom. Does anyone out there have any more pics of the 1 and 2 bedrooms?

I would like to hold off any additional judgment on whether I like or dislike the renovations until I have more to gather.

Thanks everyone

In that the last post in this thread is about a week old, I would like to inquire further about pictures of the newly renovated rooms. It appears that I have seena bit of the studio and maybe 1 pic on the 1 bedroom. Does anyone out there have any more pics of the 1 and 2 bedrooms?

I would like to hold off any additional judgment on whether I like or dislike the renovations until I have more to gather.

Thanks everyone

My DH showed me some pics on another site and it was gorgeous!

Before and After (above and below) there is a bed skirt.
b_0_0_0_10_images_stories_events_Condo_Mtg_2013e.jpg

Reminded me of VGC. to each their own. I agree I don't like the look of the table in the villa but wouldn't ruin my trip.

Most people complain that the place is too "dark" so you can't please everyone. No one forces you to stay there.

Does the table fold down or something so you don't have to look at it?

I've yet to stay at VWL. I've stayed in the lodge but that's all. Part of me likes the old rooms and the other part of me is glad to see a refurb. I agree with a previous poster about it looking a little like BWV though.

Wow, that folding table looks really cheap.

Other than that, I really like the look of the new rooms.

I only saw the old rooms in pictures as well, but at least it's an "apples to apples" comparison. The old rooms, with their mishmash of fabrics, colors, and patterns, just looked to "country" to me, rather than "Wilderness".

At every DVC resort I've seen or stayed in (with the exception of BLT and the new VGF), I prefer the rooms in the hotel to those in the DVC equivalent. With these new rooms, I'm not sure that's the case - I like them as much or better than the current WL rooms.

At least by looking at the room pictures, I always felt like the VWL was a different resort than WL, and not in a good way. With the new rooms, I really feel like the rooms themselves may be slightly less "themed", but the theme that's there is more in harmony with the rest of the Wilderness Lodge.

We're not planning a trip for another year or two, and we were considering VWL. The rooms before were a big drawback, now I feel like they're not, so that's a good thing.

I like the remodeled studio except for the table. We leave our laptops on the table all day long. That little table wouldn't hold them both. And where are the plugs and internet connection? And if you use the Murphy bed each night you have to take everything down.

Someone didn't think this one through.

I like the remodeled studio except for the table. We leave our laptops on the table all day long. That little table wouldn't hold them both. And where are the plugs and internet connection? And if you the bed each night you have to take everything down.

It looks cheap.

I like the remodeled studio except for the table. We leave our laptops on the table all day long. That little table wouldn't hold them both. And where are the plugs and internet connection? And if you the bed each night you have to take everything down.

It looks cheap.

I'm right there with you both. Getting rid of a normal table that all families can use and leave up, and replacing it with a fold-out that I'm sure will be more in the way than not was a big design error. Someone was thinking trailer verses deluxe villa. And what's with it being right down in front of the television? User friendly this is not.

Don't get me wrong, I thought the little fold out bed was cool too the moment I saw the Bambi mural in there, for those families with someone small enough to use it that is. But even then, I think many families will find it annoying with the bed being right under the television, and it being an either/or situation with choosing bed or table.

Our trip this summer will be in a refurbished villa and I'm already figuring out how we'll use the coffee table as a 'normal' table, although a bit on the short side. I get the feeling we'll be doing a lot of hunching over laptops.

Personally, I'm super excited about the renovation. As a family of 5, we have never been able to stay at WL, unless we would do a 2 bedroom villa or stay in a deluxe CL room in the lodge. I really like the decor of the updated rooms, too.

Does anyone know if the bed is the same size as the one at VGF? (Which, to clarify, there seems to be a lot of people who are saying that the VGF murphy beds are small. They are about the same size as a twin bed, and I could lay on one without my feet hanging off, and I'm 5'10".)

Also, when are the renovations supposed to be done? If I were to book a night now (since there's availability for my desired date), I can't book with 5, but by the summer, I'm assuming they will open up for reservations for 5. I could modify the reservation and add my child to it, right?

If I were to book a night now (since there's availability for my desired date), I can't book with 5, but by the summer, I'm assuming they will open up for reservations for 5. I could modify the reservation and add my child to it, right?

This is what we did, on the recommendation of MS. Our reservation is October. I don't believe they've announced completion date.

Anyone currently at the lodge able to update on where they are at in construction?

Earlier it was said they were given until the end of this month to complete.

...Also, when are the renovations supposed to be done? If I were to book a night now (since there's availability for my desired date), I can't book with 5, but by the summer, I'm assuming they will open up for reservations for 5. I could modify the reservation and add my child to it, right?

But if they decide to not open it for five until next year, you wouldn't be able to add her.

VWL is my home resort and I haven't stayed there in 3 years. I am really looking forward to staying there and enjoying the new room renovations. Hope it still feels like "home"!

I am not sure if this is just a product of the photo angle, but are the VWL and POR pull-down beds smaller than the pull-down bed at VGF?

Are all the rooms completed? I would like to wait list a 1 BR in early November for my family of 5 but will the system allow me to add the fifth guest? What if we are assigned a room that is not refurbished?

Are all the rooms completed? I would like to wait list a 1 BR in early November for my family of 5 but will the system allow me to add the fifth guest? What if we are assigned a room that is not refurbished?

The 1 bedrooms did not get additional sleeping - that was the studios that received the murphy bed and will sleep 5. Although the 1BR's have allowed 5 for awhile but you have to provide bedding and towels for the 5th. Oh - and the bed. ;)

I love the new look of the villas. I can't wait to try them out for the first time in November! Hopefully we get one of the refurbed rooms (or that they are all done by then)!

I just booked a studio online for the five of us for January and had no problem.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter