Waffle House

RedAngie

Sea Level Lady
Aye or nay?

DH and I enjoy eating there once a year or so while traveling. Yeah, it’s greasy and low-end and we consider going to be sort of a gag. The clientele can sometimes be very interesting.

It’s become somewhat of a traditon and I hope to travel again soon to get my fix. There’s one about 10 miles from me but that doesn’t count. It has to be at least 100 miles away.

We love it.. especially when we are on a road trip..
Something about 1am Waffle house lol.
The last time was in orlando near MCO it was the only thing open

Sure, we go on vacation since we don't have them here. It's a novelty to us. We love a good "greasy spoon" diner meal, but we do watch the area we choose to go in.

I went on a business trip once to the Phoenix area. Saw a few of them and thought about trying one. It was part of the plot line of the movie Tin Cup. I mentioned something about it to the people I was working with, and they were like "Really?" Didn't end up going.

During that trip I did go to Denny's and IHOP though.

We used to eat there every Saturday night/Sunday morning in our clubbing days, before we had DS. We stopped once on Christmas Day on our way home, because DH wanted DS to have the WH experience. DS was in elementary school at the time. He's now 29 & we haven't eaten there since. We quickly realized it's not the same, when you haven't consumed a generous amount of alcohol.

I have one about 5 miles from my house. I've never been mainly because "things" happen in there. Weird crime occasionally. The Cracker Barrel just about shares the same parking lot and that place never has any issues.:confused3

I've only ever been once, 20 years ago while attending a convention in Dallas. Bottomless waffle and/or grilled-cheese refills? What's not to love?!? :lovestruc Do they still make the waffles with pecans in them? Delish!

Haven’t been post-COVID, just because the ones around us were never that clean to start with (plus, they’re tiny). We used to go once every couple months. They’re hit or miss. When their waffles are cooked well and the bacon is crispy, it’s really good. But too often, all the food comes out a little too quickly, meaning everything is a little undercooked.

None around here, but ate at one at like 11 at night next to the Houston (Bush) airport. Food was fine. I was surprised how they can stay in business with such tiny locations.
But we like breakfast food.

Haven’t been post-COVID
You missed out on the shower curtain phase.

When they first reopened near me they put clear shower curtains up around each table. That transitioned into the plex phase where plexi dividers replaced the shower curtains. They are now in the post plexi phase.

I don't eat there often but it is good every few months.

904618c4468409e1d440fd6692409dc0b570a300a9921520039eef719af5bd8f.jpeg

I stop about once a year either in Cincinnati, Dallas or Florida. I made my kids go with me when we were at WDW, older one hated it, younger one loved it. But it is about a 7 hour drive for me to get to the nearest one.

I like you would do one when doing a long car trip, but havent done a long car trip in forever, but they just to small

Heck yeah. Love them. Perfect place to visit on the way to Florida or Alabama. It's quick and 😋. Always the same, eggs over easy, hashbrowns with some onions and stuff, white toast and bacon. Like a religious experience if you get rock star grill operator.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter