Waffle House

We loved it when we lived in Memphis. Would go at least once a month. But now the nearest one is 1.5hrs away and not our first choice when we travel that direction. But we do still usually eat at one on road trips.

Been to one over 20 years ago and that was enough. Place was filthy and the server was very rude. There is one close to where we live and I’ve never been there.

I have never been to one, I don't know where the nearest one is. But I really do like breakfast food, I would love to try it.
How does Waffle House compare to Dennys? I really like Dennys!

Im like that also, love to go out for a breakfasts, never that expensive and its such a cool way to start the day, they a lot like dennys, but they are real small and maybe a bit better

I haven't been to Waffle House in years. The last time was about 13 years ago when DD was four. I took her to see The Wizard of Oz" on the big screen at a local college, and afterwards we had dinner at Waffle House. There was only room at the counter but DD felt very grown up sitting on a high stool, ordering food in a restaurant at night, hours past her bedtime. She had an apple juice to drink and wanted another one but I said no. A truck driver sitting a couple stools down from us overheard and bought an apple juice for "the little lady." She felt really special and still remembers that.

Nay to Waffle House. Nope, not my thing.

From my experience, night and day with food and clientele.

Denny’s was our go-to after bar spot in college. Haven’t been to one in decades, but I wouldn’t say no to a visit like I would with WH.

We don't have any of them around here.

I used to play in open gyms at night. I'd rarely eat a whole lot before since I wanted to avoid cramping. Maybe a sports drink. There was a Denny's nearby and I'd stop there for the late night menu. My fav was the Super Bird with onion rings and a Dr Pepper. But even after that I'd go to Denny's for lunch or maybe dinner. I've been to one in a remote town where there was basically nothing else, even if it was going to take 45 minutes. Maybe nothing fancy, but they're predictable. They've always had a changing roster of different specials. When I was feeling cheap, their $1.99 Grand Slam breakfast was probably the best deal anywhere, although I heard franchises didn't like losing money on it.

Still not sure about Waffle House. I had my chances.

I went to my first one when I visited a friend down in Florida. Stopped in for some pecan waffles for breakfast. I was not impressed at all. Maybe I feel that way because I come from the capital of diners, but I could get a much better meal at a diner rather than Waffle House and pay the same price.

Once driving down to Florida. Not really a fan and doubt we would go again. We don't have one here.

I would rather go to McD for a quick bite or Cracker Barrel if we have time for a sit down.

At home, we like the diners.

OMG I miss having Waffle House around the corner from us. We used to go all the time. My mom used to take us every Wednesday for breakfast before school and my brother was a cook there for years.

Never eat at a Waffle house in Florida.... Never... :sick:

Georgia for some reason have pretty good Waffle House's...

Pretty much Waffle House is a Dinosaur not many places left like this... We always stop and eat breakfast when going through GA on our way to the mountains... its a tradition...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter