• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Waitlist for Thanksgiving?

Degli

DIS Veteran
Am I nutz to think that something will become available for a studio anywhere in the world at this time. We should be arriving the day before Thanksgivng and leaving the following Monday? What are my chances. Anyone ever done this? My hubby doesn't even know I'm going for it!!

I'd say pretty slim, but you never know until you get on that waitlist and see. You might have a better chance if you are flexible for unit size.

I think DVC is still releasing rooms from SSR. so who knows you might just get lucky!!! :cool1:

Releasing Rooms means that when rooms are finished with their construction, and receive their certifiacate of occupancy, the are turned over to the reservation system for bookings. Some go to DVC, and a small portion goes to the CRO.

That is my understanding.........

Degli said:
What does "releasing rooms mean? Saratoga Springs
The technical term is "declared into the condominium". Until that happens, the rooms (even though they are available for occupancy) belong to the developer, not the members. The developer usually sends those rooms to CRO to rent for cash until the DVC Sales people need more inventory to support sales.

DVC has to have enough points room inventory to support sales (matter of law. CAn't sell more time than there are rooms to cover it). As sales are made, more rooms get declared into the condominium and made available for members to book.

Since SSR sales are apparently going well, the developer may move more rooms into the condominium before the end of the year and whe/if that happens, people on the waitlist often get the reservation they want. As a result, it is often easier to get a reservation at a new resort than at the sold out resorts. That happened with BWV, BCV and VWL - even for the more popular times.

Best wishes -

I just have a question about "release of rooms". I purchased in presale, which means I became a member (january 05)and was able to make reservations before my unit was available, as long as the date of the reservation was for after when the unit was promised. So, my use year is august 05, but in february 05 I made a reservation for november 05. My point is that I think that for effects of reservations, they take into account future availability. For example, they should have in the system already the units that will be available in november, since those that bought presales for units that would be available in that timeframe are already in the system and can make reservations for after november. Isn't that right?

Maribel said:
I just have a question about "release of rooms". I purchased in presale, which means I became a member (january 05)and was able to make reservations before my unit was available, as long as the date of the reservation was for after when the unit was promised. So, my use year is august 05, but in february 05 I made a reservation for november 05. My point is that I think that for effects of reservations, they take into account future availability. For example, they should have in the system already the units that will be available in november, since those that bought presales for units that would be available in that timeframe are already in the system and can make reservations for after november. Isn't that right?
Yes, it's right, but the developer usually "over declares" - probably so that there can be no question of compliance. Going by past history for other DVC resorts, it did seem that the develper released more rooms to members if there were waitlists, but for SSR that "possibility" pre supposes that there are developer rooms available available for release. That may or may not be the case - they may not be ready for occupancy or laready rented for cash by CRO.

FWIW, I don't think there is a very good chance of a Thanksgiving waitlist coming through for anyone who isn't on it already or just recently got on it. But you never know, so good luck to the OP.

Best wishe s-

Of course, you can always use those points at another DVC resort...........good luck !!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter