Waitlist Strategy - Boardwalk

Electron_si

Mouseketeer
We are doing a split stay in July and I’m trying to replace an AKL 3 night stay with a BWV studio. Staying Th-Sat before moving to BCV. Currently have all 3 nights WL for a standard studio at BWV.

There is a P/G studio available for one night (Saturday) and no nights available for a standard studio. I’m thinking about picking up the P/G studio and then WL the two nights prior. Is this is good plan?

It looks like there are more P/G studios vs Standard when I looked online. For those familiar with BWV which category has a higher chance of coming available?

Your best bet for a waitlist is PG. Standards have been waitlisted since the 11 months window. It is not a large category

P/g rooms are about 65% of all rooms at BWV, standard about 20%, and thus p/g provides better chance via WL. Getting what you want in parts, like taking one night now, is what many attempt to do. The standard view studios actually have a serious 11-month issue, i.e., within nanoseconds after 8 a.m. at 11-months out from any arrival date, they fill, and there are likely to be many on the waitlist in front of you.

Waitlist should be done for those extra two nights but you should also regularly check availability to see if either of the second two nights open up, so you can grab it and change waitlist to one night, and then check regularly for the third night. (Once you have all three nights, you can contact MS and have it merge the reservations into one.)

Last edited:

Thanks for all the input.

I picked up the P/G for sat night and WL’d the 2 nights I need. I’ve been successful with stalking and WL matching so I’ll see which comes through first. Hopefully something works out so we don’t have to move 3 times.

This is our first stay at BWV and we are really looking forward to it especially after seeing the new rooms post renovation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter