Waitlist Support Group...who want's to join?

You should call MS they cancelled mine in error and were able to correct and put me back in my same place in line. You should also put "what ifs" on the waitlist to only cancel the days you fill.

Our WL for 2 additional nights beginning of October never did come thru for studio @ WL or AK. Was nice to experience POR-R, very romantic.:goodvibes

Closed on AKV just past the 11 month mark for a May '15 SWW trip. Wound up booking just one of the days & waitlisted the others day by day. Honestly, came through faster than I had expected for a value studio.:thumbsup2

usually I book something to have a place to stay, then WL another resort for the entire time period. Do I need to call MS to double check we will be in the same room the entire stay?:confused3

booked a studio at okw about 2 months ago for jan 2-4 and waitlisted the 1st. thought no way was it going to come thru and it just got confirmed the other day!

I am glad I am apart of this thread. Although I wish I had known to book day by day rather than consecutive days, I now know for next time. I am guessing it is too late to do that? Granted I am aware I am crazy for thinking we will get BLT MK view that I did not book right at the 7 month window..... Also should we extend our wait list till right before our trip? We are new owners so please excuse my stupidity!
:-)
Thank you!

I just had my wait list come through for a studio at Bay Lake Tower for one night in early February after about 2 weeks. I had a 1-bedroom booked as that was all that was available at the time, but being only one night probably made it easier. Very happy to be saving some points.

Has anyone tried, and is it possible, to exchange a reservation with someone who wants your resort reservation? Does that make sense? For example, I've booked a 2br standard at AKV 12/12-12/19, but want to be a BWV. If someone who is booked at BWV those same dates in same room type, but wants to be at AKV, would it be possible to do a swith-a-roo with our names and such? I know, far-fetched wish. BUT, you never know! :thumbsup2

It would be great if we could ! I am still waiting to switch my two SV Studio's for a SV 2 bedroom or value two bedroom but no luck and we will be there on the 24th of November. Chances are its not happening.

While I am a DVC member myself, my aunt just offered me some points she can't bank or use. I'd like a studio, any studio, for the weekend of December 12-14. I haven't read all 40+ pages of this thread but I'm going to start working my way through. Just joining in and keeping my fingers crossed, thanks!

This was my first time waitlisting anything. It is actually for my parents so they can join us for a couple of nights at VLW while we are WL-CL.
After doing some reading about the best way to waitlist, I had booked their entire stay at SSR as it was available for Jan 14-18.
Then doing some looking around (since my DH and I will be at BCV from the 12-16 and then WL 16-23) I wanted to try and get them with us. I waitlisted the 14-16 at BCV, booked ALK-Kidani from 14-16 (if the BCV waitlist doesn't come through) and at VWL there was one night available, the 17th so I booked it and waitlisted the 16th hoping that would make it easier to get it to come though.

I really wasn't hopeful, as it is pretty booked through the DVC site, and the cash rooms weren't available either for any VWL rooms.

I went to check today as I was curious and the 1 night came through! I am pretty excited as I love the Lodge and wanted to show my parents how awesome it is.

Now, we just have to figure out what my parents want to do so I can cancel some of these reservations!

:tink: Yippie -- I just got me some "Waitlist MAGIC!"

We had booked a Kidani Savannah view studio for our Dec trip right at the 7-month window. No problem ... except that we didn't find acceptable airfare until much, much later ... and the best-fare air travel didn't perfectly match our existing reservation dates. So I booked the airfare deal, opened a waitlist for our new arrival date and started stalking the inventory online.

Well good, good news: My waitlist came through today! Phew!

Booked a 1BR at SSR but hoping my waitlist for a 1BR at either BLT or VWL comes through. Considering its one of the busiest weeks of the year I'm not going to get my hopes up but it would be so nice to be close to MK for the holidays! Fingers crossed!

New owner making my first reservation to go do Halloween around October 9 (2015) at VGF. Bam. Wait listed. I suppose I will look for a backup plan at the 7 month window.

New owner making my first reservation to go do Halloween around October 9 (2015) at VGF. Bam. Wait listed. I suppose I will look for a backup plan at the 7 month window.

Have you asked your guide if there is anything they can do? Sometimes there are perks to being a 'new' owner...

Going on a Disney cruise in March '15, been planning it for several months, my wife surprised me a few weeks ago by suggesting we stay a few extra days and see WDW. We are new DVC members, so she said "just use our points". She didn't know about the 7-11 month reservation time frame. So, I currently have reservations at the GF, AND the BLT, unfortunately a night at GF, then a night at BLT, then 2 nights back at GF. not thrilled at unpacking, packing, unpacking packing, unpacking. also shifting from 1 bedroom to 2 bedroom. But at least I have rooms. Hoping to end up with GF rooms 1 bedroom for the whole time, or 2nd choice, 2 bedroom GF for the whole time. I am checking in to the availability website twice a day to see how the dice roll. Have 2 different wait lists to increase options. Anyone out there with experience as to what my odds are?

Going on a Disney cruise in March '15, been planning it for several months, my wife surprised me a few weeks ago by suggesting we stay a few extra days and see WDW. We are new DVC members, so she said "just use our points". She didn't know about the 7-11 month reservation time frame. So, I currently have reservations at the GF, AND the BLT, unfortunately a night at GF, then a night at BLT, then 2 nights back at GF. not thrilled at unpacking, packing, unpacking packing, unpacking. also shifting from 1 bedroom to 2 bedroom. But at least I have rooms. Hoping to end up with GF rooms 1 bedroom for the whole time, or 2nd choice, 2 bedroom GF for the whole time. I am checking in to the availability website twice a day to see how the dice roll. Have 2 different wait lists to increase options. Anyone out there with experience as to what my odds are?
So, if I'm understanding correctly you have 4 nights total: 1st night at GF, 2nd at BLT and the 3rd/4th at GF. Is that 3 reservations total or 4? Are all GF nights the same unit type? If so, I'd think you have a fair chance of filling the one missing night making a single reservation in the same unit type at GF. However, if you've waitlisted both the 2nd night and either end of the GF stay -- I'd rethink the plan and consider checking for any other WDW resort with all four nights still available in a single reservation. (You have plenty of years ahead of you to get to GF with longer planning.)

I have a 1 br at GF for 1 night, then a 2 br at BLT for 1 night, then a 2 br at Gf for 2 nights. 3 reservations total. I also have a reservation for 1 br at GF for the last night in my wife's name. Soooo, of I can get either a 1 br or a 2 br at gf for the 2nd night, I only have to move once, and it is in the same resort. If I can get the first and second nights in a 2 br, or the 2nd and 3rd nights in a 1 br, then I have the whole stay without a move. Worst case scenario, I move twice, but I definitely have rooms. Best case scenario, I get a waitlist smile on me and have 4 nights in a 1 bedroom at the GF. Since there are people trying to get a waitlist just to get a room at all for their vacation, I really cannot complain much.

So, if I'm understanding correctly you have 4 nights total: 1st night at GF, 2nd at BLT and the 3rd/4th at GF. Is that 3 reservations total or 4? Are all GF nights the same unit type? If so, I'd think you have a fair chance of filling the one missing night making a single reservation in the same unit type at GF. However, if you've waitlisted both the 2nd night and either end of the GF stay -- I'd rethink the plan and consider checking for any other WDW resort with all four nights still available in a single reservation. (You have plenty of years ahead of you to get to GF with longer planning.)

Needs change!

I no longer need December 12th my DCuz and I are going on a cruise before our stay beginning December 13th.

So, I now am looking for Dec. 28-30 in BCV studio. I have a BLT studio for those nights, but have BCV from 30 to January 2nd. This split stay made perfect sense when I booked 11 months out, we own at both, but now, I want to stay in one hotel!

Bobbi:)
If you decide to cancel your BCV PLEASE let me know!! I have the 29-30 and the 1-4th booked, but I still need the 31st!

If you decide to cancel your BCV PLEASE let me know!! I have the 29-30 and the 1-4th booked, but I still need the 31st!

Sorry, what I hope to lose is December 28-30 at BLT, and stay in BCV the whole time. I have the WL at BCV.

I wanted to see the 30th MK fireworks from TOTW lounge, but decided to book a Wishes Midnight fireworks cruise for the 30th instead, so the BLT reservation does not serve the purpose any more.

I hope you get what you want.

I need May 17, BLT lake view studio.
If we can't get it I can add that night to our Kidani reservation, but I want to move Monday instead of Sunday.

I have a 1 br at GF for 1 night, then a 2 br at BLT for 1 night, then a 2 br at Gf for 2 nights. 3 reservations total. I also have a reservation for 1 br at GF for the last night in my wife's name. Soooo, of I can get either a 1 br or a 2 br at gf for the 2nd night, I only have to move once, and it is in the same resort. If I can get the first and second nights in a 2 br, or the 2nd and 3rd nights in a 1 br, then I have the whole stay without a move. Worst case scenario, I move twice, but I definitely have rooms. Best case scenario, I get a waitlist smile on me and have 4 nights in a 1 bedroom at the GF. Since there are people trying to get a waitlist just to get a room at all for their vacation, I really cannot complain much.
Well ... if it were me ... I'd switch to a different resort with better availability. I personally don't care for split stays and moving my Owner's Locker and refrigerated foodstuffs between reservations. But, I'm glad to see that you are taking it in stride and are choosing to not complain. ;)

Best wishes on your WLs!

Wow! I didn't think it would come through, but we tried for adding a night to the reservation for my parents at VWL for Jan 18 and it came through tonight.
Very happy, now don't feel like we are going to be rushing around to do everything on their list.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter