• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Waitlist Support Group...who want's to join?

:tinker:
Decided to go 1D early due to airfare. Of course nothing available @ VGF. Found room for 1N @ AKL-Jumbo, reserved. Waitlisted 1D @ VGF about a month ago. Check website almost daily for availability, BLT had availability for the 1N last week. So booked, then cancelled AKL reservation. VGF Waitlist wasn't showing anymore, so did another Waitlist. Next day showed 2 Waitlist on account, but I left well enough alone. Still no availability as of yesterday. Couldn't login all day today. Received email not to long ago this evening, DVC - we can't wait to welcome you home. GOT OUR Waitlist for VGF. :dancer:

:tinker:
Decided to go 1D early due to airfare. Of course nothing available @ VGF. Found room for 1N @ AKL-Jumbo, reserved. Waitlisted 1D @ VGF about a month ago. Check website almost daily for availability, BLT had availability for the 1N last week. So booked, then cancelled AKL reservation. VGF Waitlist wasn't showing anymore, so did another Waitlist. Next day showed 2 Waitlist on account, but I left well enough alone. Still no availability as of yesterday. Couldn't login all day today. Received email not to long ago this evening, DVC - we can't wait to welcome you home. GOT OUR Waitlist for VGF. :dancer:

Congrats!

I have a waitlist for GFV because it and OKW are the last two resorts on our bingo card, but I almost want to cancel it, because I've already made all my plans around our stay at BWV and I want to see the refurbs at BWV.

So conflicted with this awful 1st world problem.

Just wanted to post, I was just on the DVC site and it looked like they had put a BCV studio room back into service. There were many days available. The one night I needed was already gone, and the days were going quickly. Not sure if anyone here is interested. I looked for Sep/Oct/Nov and there were many days still left. I'm still waiting for my one night at BCV Monday Oct. 24th and one night at BWV studios for Oct. 31. I have backup, but hate moving on the last night. Good luck to anyone catching this post in time.

Good luck to you! Hopefully some more rooms get released as the renovations get completed. I have a waitlist for 2 nights at BCV in a studio for my mom. Currently have her booked those 2 at BWV garden/pool but her last 4 nights are at BCV and she'd rather not move. It's the Sunday and Monday of Columbus day weekend though so I'm not too optimistic. I have my brother also in a P/G studio that weekend, and my fiance and I in a standard studio. We all move over to BCV on Tuesday for the rest of the week with our wedding on October 13 :)

Good luck to you! Hopefully some more rooms get released as the renovations get completed. I have a waitlist for 2 nights at BCV in a studio for my mom. Currently have her booked those 2 at BWV garden/pool but her last 4 nights are at BCV and she'd rather not move. It's the Sunday and Monday of Columbus day weekend though so I'm not too optimistic. I have my brother also in a P/G studio that weekend, and my fiance and I in a standard studio. We all move over to BCV on Tuesday for the rest of the week with our wedding on October 13 :)

Sounds similar. We are in a standard studio at BWV from Oct. 21-31. But daughter is in a BWV standard studio 10/21, then moves to a BCV studio 10/22-23, then back to BWV on 10/24 in a P/G studio. I had everything booked, and only got her the 10/21 studio because we get back from a cruise on that day and she had planned to leave the next day. She couldn't get any decent airfare, so ended up extending 3 more nights, so I had to piece it together just over the last few months. I'm waitlisted for the BCV studio 10/24 for her, so she doesn't have to move more than once. I know it's a long shot to get the one night at BCV, but hoping as rooms get put back into service, it might happen.

due to airfare we are leaving 2 days earlier and are at SSR Dec. 15-17. Waitlisted WLV where the remainder of our trip will be.

I have zero hope but still put in a WL lol
I have SSR THVs booked for December 26-January 1. Booked at about 10 months out.
At 7 months, I still could have booked ALK 2 bedroom or a 1 bedroom or stuidos at BW or BC (Don't remember which one).
My family only wants to stay at least in a 2 bedroom (since we are a family of four and my kids are dd-22 and ds-18) so
I put in a WL for a 2 bedroom at BW and a 2 bedroom at WL. I do not expect anything to open for the full week and I would
have to be next in line but a girl could hope LOL
Good luck to all with realistic waitlists :)

Back on the waitlist train! Decided to make a trip in Oct. Was looking to be pretty piecemeal, but I had to call MS because the site was down. I got all my nights at BCVs, except a might smack dab in the middle...VWL for that night! But, it's better than moving three times, right? Fingers crossed that one night comes through..would be nice to not have to move.

Back on the waitlist train! Decided to make a trip in Oct. Was looking to be pretty piecemeal, but I had to call MS because the site was down. I got all my nights at BCVs, except a might smack dab in the middle...VWL for that night! But, it's better than moving three times, right? Fingers crossed that one night comes through..would be nice to not have to move.

I saw an earlier thread that you managed to snag a few days when they put a BCV room back into service. I'm waitlisted for ONE night at BCV for my daughter (Monday Oct. 24th). That day was missing when I managed to log on for a few minutes before the system crashed. Been on the waitlist for that one night for many months now and lose hope more each day. Yep, she will move several times over a 4 day stay. BWV/BCV/BCV/BWV. Hoping for BCV to replace the last BWV. I stalk regularly to no avail. Good luck on your waitlist goofy4tink.

I saw an earlier thread that you managed to snag a few days when they put a BCV room back into service. I'm waitlisted for ONE night at BCV for my daughter (Monday Oct. 24th). That day was missing when I managed to log on for a few minutes before the system crashed. Been on the waitlist for that one night for many months now and lose hope more each day. Yep, she will move several times over a 4 day stay. BWV/BCV/BCV/BWV. Hoping for BCV to replace the last BWV. I stalk regularly to no avail. Good luck on your waitlist goofy4tink.
Fingers crossed your waitlist comes through! I was hugely surprised when I was able to get four of the five nights I wanted. I was going to be at Jambo for two nights, then SSR for a night, then nothing was open for my last two nights, so figured I would be at Pop paying cash! And nothing was available, not one single night, at either BWV or BCV for that time period! So, imagine my shock when I was asked if I wanted BCV for four of the five nights!!! We all know how often that happens during Food and Wine time!!! So, yes, I will most likely have to pack up and move for a night, over to VWL. Sure would be nice to just pack a tote bag and leave my checked bag in storage at BC!!!

I'm going to cancel a room for October 31. A studio/pool view BWV. I will probably do it later today, just in case anyone if trying to get that day. I gave up on my waitlist and do not want to move on my last day. Airfare dropped so snagged a great price to come home a day early. I was only extending to get a better airfare price by staying one more day, so it's all good.

Not much going on here....did everyone get their waitlist?

Last night my waitlist for BWV/Standard/studio....1 night, yes that's ONE night, for next Tuesday August 2 expired. So another waitlist that didn't come through for me. Yes, I know standard studio at BWV is a hard one to get because I'm an owner and my other 8 nights were booked at the 11 month window, but I had to go in a night early because of airfare. I'll stalk over the next 6 days to see if it opens and will call, but my luck, it will pop up while MS is closed.

Now I continue to watch & stalk for my ONE night waitlist at BCV/studio for Monday Oct. 24th. I've had that one for a very long time and don't really hold out hope given my luck with waitlist. Again because of airfare. This one is actually for my daughter and family. We have our reservation at BWV that was booked at the 11 month window. This is what happens when family decides to join you for a few days after the 7 month window opens......she lucky that I managed to get her anything....she's at BWV/BCV/BCV/BWV -- so hoping for BCV the last night. I envision driving our car around between the two resorts picking up their luggage and taking it back to my room several times.

We're currently waitlisted for a BCV 1 BR 10/16-10/22. At least we already have a BCV studio reserved for that week. The one other time we had to waitlist for one then, it came through at just over 30 days. The CM explained to me that some people know they're cancelling, but they just don't bother calling until they get near that dreaded "holding points" situation. So we'll really start hoping around Labor Day.

I just had to laugh because I just logged on to do some stalking and for October a BCV studio was available for Sunday 23, Tuesday 25, Wednesday 26.........Of course I need Monday 24th. I quickly went to my dashboard to see if I got it, but sadly, my waitlist is still there. I'm glad I'm leaving for WDW next Tuesday for 10 days, just to distract me from the waitlist.

Well, my month out date is coming up in another week. That seems to be when my waitlists come through, which makes sense, of course. I'm kind of hoping we don't get it, but I want to finish my bingo card too!

After not checking for the last 30 days I decided to check my account to see if the only night we needed to waitlist came through and to my surprise NYE came through......we now have a complete stay...POLY studio Dec.23-Jan.1 we are now one with the universe .....woohoo...

So incredibly happy but also so incredibly frustrated. I have been waiting on the waitlist for 3 months for 1 night in the middle of our 2 week stay at AKV Jambo House to come available. We are 10 days out now and as of a week ago I started calling everyday seeing if anything was magically there as moving is such a nightmare (did that two trips in a row and between luggage being lost, groceries going missing and other not being refrigerated it was a nightmare). I was on the verge of paying out of pocket as there are obviously plenty of 1 bedroom standard view rooms available on the cash side, but I just didn't have an extra $520 available. So I go in tonight and low and behold there is my night available?!?! This is the second year in a row that my waitlists have not worked. For whatever reason the system is not pulling these available nights out and assigning them to people who are waiting for them. Last year I had 4 nights individually waitlisted and had I not gone in every day, several times a day to check and see if any of the nights are available I most likely would have missed out on getting them booked :( Has anyone else had this same experience? When I brought it up last year they didn't believe me, but it just happened again.

Yes, I've pulled the missing nights myself too. I've been stalking about every few hours right now because I'm 3 days away and while my waitlist went to the 7 days prior, it has ended. I'm amazed at what I see available, even though they are gone by my next log in. I watched 4 days in a row at BCV studio in October come and go, but not the day I need in October and watched a few BWV standard studios come and go in October too. I think stalking sometimes pays off. At this point I'm pretty sure we'll be moving next Tuesday....OKW 1 night, then BWV 8 nights. I'm OK with OKW, but was hoping to just checkin and hulker down. This was only because I had to add a day as the BWV reservation was around the 11 month window. I figured it will pop up when MS is closed and I won't be able to call, so won't look now unless MS is open....lol

I have been incredibly lucky with the wait list. Tom decided he wanted to go on a Dream cruise, but the two nights prior to the cruise were only available in a 1 bedroom at SSR. No studios were available anywhere! I really wanted an EPCOT resort, and within 2 weeks, i went on my DVC page, and the wait list had come through! We got a BWV pool view 1 bedroom!

My wait list came through a week or so ago. I got an email from DVC, something sbout looking forward to seeing me at BCV. I went into the site and no VWL! Yippee. But, my reservation was in under two different numbers. Ok. I figured they hadn't combined them. Then I looked at the dates! I had no room for that one night. They had me checking out on Wed, checking back in on Thursday!!
I called, the CM said my wait list had come thru and I was good to go. Ahh, no. Look at the dates she did and said yes, I was listed at BCV for my stay. Told her to look closely...where was I sleeping on Wed night!? Her response? 'Ah, can I put you on hold for a moment? I need to talk to a supervisor!!' Alls well that ends well...I'm now sleeping at BCV every night! I'm just glad I noticed the dates!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter