Walk Around the World commemorative bricks

Two years ago I emailed Disney to see if it was possible to get our brick removed and shipped as an anniversary present for my parents.. Disney has NO problem doing it but my parents said no.. So I left it alone.
And now this happens. I didn't see a date though.. We'll be there September 8th and I'm hoping to see it one last time.

What type of tool do you think could be used to get a brick out of the ground? A tool that can get past security?

Last edited:
The response I received from Disney indicated that the removal of the bricks had already begun. So sad. I was going to make a mini-trip just to say our goodbyes.

I was sad to hear it, but we got ours in 1994 and it was between two trees about 20 feet from the turnstiles of MK, so I've enjoyed seeing it. Quite honestly, since they said it was guaranteed for 10 years, I was very surprised to see it made it 25 years. I kept expecting either this to happen or get a notice in the mail offering to renew our spot for another 10 years for a nominal charge. I definitely got my money's worth!

As much as I hate seeing the bricks go....

Ours was in such a high traffic location (where the buses and ferry unload/load) that you can barely read the names. I will miss our tradition of going to visit our brick on every single trip since 1995. And, as FL residents, we go several times per year!

I'm trying to decide what to put on the commemorative one. In addition to our names, should we put the year purchased - or put the original brick #? What do you guys think?

As much as I hate seeing the bricks go....

Ours was in such a high traffic location (where the buses and ferry unload/load) that you can barely read the names. I will miss our tradition of going to visit our brick on every single trip since 1995. And, as FL residents, we go several times per year!

I'm trying to decide what to put on the commemorative one. In addition to our names, should we put the year purchased - or put the original brick #? What do you guys think?

I think I'm going with the year, but the brick # is an interesting idea, too. My friend that went on that trip with me was too cheap to get his own brick, so I put his name on mine. He's a DVC member and I told him he needed to bring an old toothbrush and cleaning solution and clean up the brick and then bring black paint and repaint the names.

Is there anyone who is there now who can confirm whether the removal of the bricks has actually begun at the Magic Kingdom? Our brick is located right outside of Guest Services. I had seriously considered a weekend trip to take one last picture of our brick,but when Disney told me the work had already begun, I felt it would be even sadder to get there and find it already gone or the area under construction. I live in NJ a trip such as this would incur considerable expense, especially since my family already has a reservation for the Fall I know the bricks have been getting shabby and they couldn't be there forever, but as others have expressed, the brick has very special meaning to me and visiting it has been a tradition for my family for twenty-five years.

Is there anyone who is there now who can confirm whether the removal of the bricks has actually begun at the Magic Kingdom? Our brick is located right outside of Guest Services. I had seriously considered a weekend trip to take one last picture of our brick,but when Disney told me the work had already begun, I felt it would be even sadder to get there and find it already gone or the area under construction. I live in NJ a trip such as this would incur considerable expense, especially since my family already has a reservation for the Fall I know the bricks have been getting shabby and they couldn't be there forever, but as others have expressed, the brick has very special meaning to me and visiting it has been a tradition for my family for twenty-five years.
As of 9 days ago they had not started outside the front of MK. We tried to see BIL's that was on the walkway to the GF and that has been blocked off, and you can't get close enough to see if they are tearing them out or it is just blocked off for another reason.

Ours is located on the pathway that runs along the beach at the Poly. We stop and take a look on each trip. Even though it is hard to make out now, it is still fun to stop and see it on each trip. on our last trip we took our Grandson over to see it.

For all individuals who had a brick made, how much was the cost of this back in the 90s? I wonder if they’ll ever do such a program again and what they would charge now.

For all individuals who had a brick made, how much was the cost of this back in the 90s? I wonder if they’ll ever do such a program again and what they would charge now.
I didn't do them, but as I recall the ones at Disneyland something like $200 for the ones without the Gold 50th medallion and $300 with and were guaranteed to remain for a certain number of years and if they were damaged in that time it would be recreated and replaced. But unlike Disney World's, Disneyland's were designed to be removed individually and once removed the guests are supposed to get the actual brick used, unless it became damaged and wasn't replaced, then they get a replica. I do remember that clearly at the time because a local company had just come up with the technique being used at Disneyland (they actually hired the company) that allowed for this.

So I would assume Disney World's was probably slightly lower since there wasn't the possibility of getting the brick back at the end.

As to what they would charge now? Probably into the thousands of dollars.

I'm pretty sure that we paid either $125 or maybe even $110. All I know is that we came back from a trip in 1994 with about $150 left, and we immediately used it to order a brick.

I paid $96. I actually found the receipt recently. And, back then, we thought it was a lot of money!

Has anyone seen anything on the Shop Disney site yet about ordering the commemorative brick?

I have my code, and the email said to place orders on the shopDisney.com site in late April.... maybe it's not late enough yet?

Has anyone seen anything on the Shop Disney site yet about ordering the commemorative brick?

I have my code, and the email said to place orders on the shopDisney.com site in late April.... maybe it's not late enough yet?
Haven't seen anything yet. I keep checking every few days. I'm putting my code in the search window.

I'm excited to see if they bring out something like the Walk Around The World Bricks to commemorate the 50th Anniversary. I know it is a long shot, but would be nice to have something again

I haven't heard anything from Disney, but checking the Shop Disney site I found that it looks to be active now:

https://www.shopdisney.com/commemorative-legacy-paver-6-personalized-1516620

notes from the item page:

Please note: The 6'' Commemorative Legacy Paver is eligible for the Disney's Walk Around the World retirement program. Following the removal of the original bricks from Disney's Walk Around the World at Magic Kingdom Park, Guests who had previously purchased one of the personalized bricks are now entitled to a discount when purchasing a 6'' Commemorative Legacy Paver. Guests who believe they qualify for this program should email Walt Disney World Guest Services at guest.services@disneyworld.com or call 407-828-2701 with the name and hometown of the Guest who sponsored the brick (Please note: shopDisney Guest Services team are not responsible for this program).

I haven't played around with the purchase yet, but it looks like the images give a good idea of how to personalize the message lines, and I'm assuming you'll input your code at the time of purchase

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter