Walking distance hotels sold out (or gouging) other hotels?

kjh

Mouseketeer
I just might be able to go to Disneyland March 30-April 4 if my I have yto go to San Diego for training for work. My parents are planning to fly up to meet me in LA with my DD (then my Dad will fly to Vegas while my mom, DD & I enjoy Disney for a few days). I tried booking a hotel, seems the Disney property hotels are sold out (have room avail on Mon & Tues only of our stay). I noticed on expedia that Del Sol is avg. $28X a night, that's what I would expect to pay for the grand californian not the Del Sol. So now I am thinking of trying priceline. I have never used it before and I did take a peek at biddingfortravel site to get more info. how far are the hotels that are usually won. We do have the option of staying with my aunt who lives about a 15 minute drive away and we will have a car anyway. But I do like the convenience of going back to the room for a break around mid-day. Any hotel suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

We're going around that time frame (march28-April3). Your right about high hotel prices. We got DLH for 4 nights(only 4 nights available when we booked and are staying at the Tropicana for the 1st 2 nights. Try booking through their own website. I don't know it off the top of my head, but google tropicana inn anaheim. Their web only rate is $97 a night and they are right next to teh BWPPI which is directly across eth street from teh crosswalk. There's actually large conevntions going on, which is making room availability scarce. Good luck. We've never tried pricelne so I can't help you there.

I suppose that my problem is that I am pretty much clueless when it comes to toehr hotels. I tried candy cane inn n/a, hojos n/a, bwppi n/a, carousel inn n/a, park vue inn avg. $224/nt (too much for a motelish room), del sol avg. $279/nt (again too much), tropicana n/a...Some of these have rooms only the thurs, sun mon nights for us (not tues like I originally said). If I am ever going to pay that much for a room by disney I would expect either a suite or a disney property room. but maybe I am just expecting too much during a busy time, looks like we'll be staying with my aunty. I just thought that maybe driving distance (like 5-10 min drive) would be more reasonable. But I don't know where to start with those (like which ones are better for the buck).

I've checked a few different sites and no one really has much available. Its spring break at that time, as well as a religious convention for apprx 30,000. Things have filled up quickly. Even www.getawaytoday.com doesnt have much (a few things near Knotts) available. The disney travel site isnt showing anything either. Good luck!

hlbtimes2 said:
I've checked a few different sites and no one really has much available. Its spring break at that time, as well as a religious convention for apprx 30,000. Things have filled up quickly. Even www.getawaytoday.com doesnt have much (a few things near Knotts) available. The disney travel site isnt showing anything either. Good luck!
Thanks for the religious convention tip. I did not realize that there was a convention and I assumed that we would be swarmed by masses at the parks (hopefully for the most part it will be not too busy but later in the day after the convention maybe it'll fill up). Staying with my aunty won't be bad, we'll be saving a couple hundred dollars (we'll need to come bearing gifts of course) so that'll be good, I'll just miss the convenience of walking back to rest. It's okay, we'll take it easy since we'll be back in Nov. Thanks again for your help (and for checking out sites for my dates too!)

Unfortunately, with the 50th anniversary this year - the hotels have been booked full!

Unfortunately, that weekend is the Religious Education Congress which is happening at the Anaheim Convention Center right across the street from the DLR. As a result, hotels have been booked for months - over 60K people come to the convention and it sells out the same hotels that surround the DLR. That is also why the prices are so high. People who attend the convention don't want the headache of trying to get into the Convention Center everyday and want to walk to the convention.

Gee whiz, these guys should give me a referral fee. lol Another option to check is http://www.resortime.com. Stay at a nice resort for about the same (or less) price as a hotel, stock up on groceries, and save $$$ on having to dine out all the time. Distance may be a factor, but the savings can offset transportation costs. :confused3

I have a few questions regarding the Getaway Today Vacations. I've never used them before, but after reading all the rave reviews here I am considering it for my April trip. I usually book everything seperately to save money, but these guys beat anything I can find by myself by quite a bit!

Is there a deposit for your package or do you pay the entire amount up front? For the "Kids play free" package, do you have to do anything special when making the reservation or will they just include the free children's park tickets? This may sound really silly, but the amount they are quoting for a hotel and two adult tickets is per package, not per night ($999 per night for the DLH??), correct?

Sorry for the stupid questions, but I have only once ever dealt with a TA and she was horrible so I'm kinda skeptical of deals that look "too good to be true". I'd usually never go for it, but I trust the DIS'rs. Thanks gang. :)

Is there a deposit for your package or do you pay the entire amount up front?
You pay the entire amount up front.

For the "Kids play free" package, do you have to do anything special when making the reservation or will they just include the free children's park tickets?
Fill in the appropriate # of tickets needed on the tickets portion - "Kids Free Offer".

This may sound really silly, but the amount they are quoting for a hotel and two adult tickets is per package, not per night ($999 per night for the DLH??), correct?
Yes, that is the total inclusive of taxes and any resort fee for the whole stay. Depending on which property you chose, you may have to pay additional parking fees which are not included in the cost. Additional fees will appear on the hotel description page.

Your questions are not stupid. The first time we booked through them, we were a little leary as well. The prices seemed too good. We've been very happy with them ever since. I f you have any question regarding their packages , you can call them at 1-866-FUN-TRIP

GhostlyHitchhiker said:
I have a few questions regarding the Getaway Today Vacations. I've never used them before, but after reading all the rave reviews here I am considering it for my April trip. I usually book everything seperately to save money, but these guys beat anything I can find by myself by quite a bit!

Is there a deposit for your package or do you pay the entire amount up front? For the "Kids play free" package, do you have to do anything special when making the reservation or will they just include the free children's park tickets? This may sound really silly, but the amount they are quoting for a hotel and two adult tickets is per package, not per night ($999 per night for the DLH??), correct?

Sorry for the stupid questions, but I have only once ever dealt with a TA and she was horrible so I'm kinda skeptical of deals that look "too good to be true". I'd usually never go for it, but I trust the DIS'rs. Thanks gang. :)

I have only bought ticket through them, but when I did price out the package it comes with two FULL paid adults. Depending on the children you need tickets for, just put them below and it will automatically do it in the final price.

Not sure about payment. I know with tickets it is 100% upfront. You can call them though. They are great at answering questions.

One more place to check out that just started "Disneyland" vacations is www.Costco.com. If you have a membership it may pay to look there as well. They are not as flexible with times and dates online. You need to call for that information if you want a certain number of nights that you do not see.

Hope that helps!

I think your best bet is to call getawaytoday with your questions. They are very nice and good at answering crazy questions - I've been putting them through the ringer for the past 3 weeks! I booked a package last month for a March vacation. The price was GREAT for GCH, and nobody else even showed availability. I am getting the kids free tickets, and the $150 gift card for staying 4 nights at a Disney property. I had to pay $150 to hold my ressie, and I think I had 30 days to pay it off (I paid it off in two weeks). There was a fee for the "payment plan" I think it was $15, but I'm not entirely sure. They told me that parking and resort fees were included, but like I said, my vacation is next month so I can't confirm that detail. My suggestion, call them!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter