Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

I texted S/D/R and here is their answer. Always quick responses. I would, however, confirm that with the boat captain during your stay there. Everything at Disney is subject to change. And I did read on the Transportation Board here that the Skyliner would not be running after the party. So best to confirm, with the folks on the boats.

View attachment 811334
That's interesting. They definitely were not running after the deluxe after hours event on 10/25. They and the skyliner were both done for the night even before the 11PM end time for the after hours. They did have buses running though. I guess that's the difference between a paid event and a free event, lol/

Note - the walk to the Swan/Dolphin bus was LONG. I believe it was the furthest bus stop it could possibly be. I think it was shared with BW, YC and BC as well. Seems odd when the event was for deluxe resorts only, and that's 5 of the deluxe resorts. You think they could have used a closer bus stop.

Help! I have an Amazon order being delivered tomorrow to the Swan. In one place on the website the address says 1200 Epcot Resorts Blvd and in another it says 1500. Which should I use?

I see the sticky says 1200 is Dolphin and 1500 is Swan, so I should go with 1500?

In the address in Amazon I put a note to deliver to the Swan and gave them my last name and confirmation number.

Thanks
Just wanted to follow up on this and another unrelated questions I had from before my stay. The Amazon delivery worked fine. The comments had the correct 1200 address along with the Swan Hotel as the delivery point with my name and reservation number. No issues. I'll use the correct one next week when I go again.

Surprisingly, the Swan did have an Internet TV option on the TV, so I was originally excited that I would be able to watch Loki. Only to find that they had most services EXCEPT Disney+. Very strange.

Caveat, you need to log in with your own details for whichever service you use. I would recommend immediately logging out as soon as you are done watching, There is a message that they will log you out of all services upon checkout, but I'm not sure I would risk it, especially if you can make purchases or charges on whatever account you have.

We watched Loki on my wife's Fire Tablet using the standard wifi and had no issues with the wifi.

Dan, you're the best! You are so good about contacting the hotels and getting info for all of us. Thank you! And while I'm at it, a nod to SteveH as well, who just seems to know everything. This is my favorite thread on the DIS.
Patty, it is a TEAM effort here. People like you and so many others, first of all asking questions, and others ready to answer or find out the answers. And then so many just adding information over these many years, building a treasure trove of S/D/R information. Thank you ALL.

1700537720055.png

There is a message that they will log you out of all services upon checkout, but I'm not sure I would risk it, especially if you can make purchases or charges on whatever account you have..
I get the concerned part but if anyone forgets I would not worry. Marriott has this exact tech in most of their US hotel rooms. I’ve yet to enter a room that didn’t have a reset TV since Marriott started the program.

Yes you were there at a slow time and most importantly, you were at Reserve, not Swan. Over 40% of rooms at Reserve are suites, which is an astronomical amount of suite inventory for a normal hotel.
the suite reminded me of a regular Residence Inn room. The standard room seemed very small and I was grateful for the space with 3 adults.

the suite reminded me of a regular Residence Inn room. The standard room seemed very small and I was grateful for the space with 3 adults.
LOVE Residence Inns with a crew. I know they were going for an upscale thing here but if they’d have made that property a Residence Inn?! Wowza the dough they’d have made 🤩

Has anyone stayed at the Junior Suites at Swan Reserve and know what types of views they offer? I noticed the standard rooms come in different categories by their view (no view/pool/epcot), as do the signature suites, but there is no mention of view for the Junior Suite category. Just curious what info people have on them; the view is not a dealbreaker for me, but I'd be curious to know what comes with that price. It's cheaper than a traditional epcot view king room, so I figure it wouldn't have an epcot view based on that.

We are (somewhat) frequent guests at the Swan. We have stayed there 10 times now, over the past dozen years. Due to a set of unexpected circumstances, we find ourselves booking a last-minute trip to Disney World over New Year's. When we first got the green light to do this, the Swan was booked for our dates, so I had to book another hotel--a first for us, and a sad development.

I just looked and saw that a room has become available at the Swan, but the rate--for a normal, two-queen resort view room--is listed as $2,963 per night!

Would there be any hope of contacting the Swan to ask if I, as a loyal repeat guest, could get a more reasonable rate? If so, how do you recommend that I reach out to them? Or is it hopeless?

We are (somewhat) frequent guests at the Swan. We have stayed there 10 times now, over the past dozen years. Due to a set of unexpected circumstances, we find ourselves booking a last-minute trip to Disney World over New Year's. When we first got the green light to do this, the Swan was booked for our dates, so I had to book another hotel--a first for us, and a sad development.

I just looked and saw that a room has become available at the Swan, but the rate--for a normal, two-queen resort view room--is listed as $2,963 per night!

Would there be any hope of contacting the Swan to ask if I, as a loyal repeat guest, could get a more reasonable rate? If so, how do you recommend that I reach out to them? Or is it hopeless?
Probably hopeless. These weird rates are often a by product of their IT when there aren’t any rooms available.

We just got back yesterday from a stay at the Dolphin. We had six of us and we stayed in a corner Alcove with two bedrooms, 2 baths. It well exceeded our expectations. Very roomy for everyone, and really couldn't have asked for a better room, although a better view would have been nice. But we didn't spend a lot of time in the room as we were out and about.

This wasn't our first stay at the Dolphin and we'll probably be back again.

I have used the Swan before with my Marriott free night certificates, but sadly this spring they are too high, even for the 50,000 + 15,000 FNC. (like 84,000/ night?) So I am going to try the Marriott Sabal Palms instead. Fall numbers look better for Swan, but April-May is high. I will keep checking for drops.

I have used the Swan before with my Marriott free night certificates, but sadly this spring they are too high, even for the 50,000 + 15,000 FNC. (like 84,000/ night?) So I am going to try the Marriott Sabal Palms instead. Fall numbers look better for Swan, but April-May is high. I will keep checking for drops.
Went looking to use 50k night certs for 3 nights mid April and hit the same issue. Was only able to do one & I had to add 14k points to it 🙄

Did 4 nights at SR on topped off 50k certs last fall so that was really disappointing #Bonvoyed

Morning all! Long time poster, but created a new login due to a new email. Been 4 years since I have been back to the Dolphin.

Next trip will be in Sept 2024. Currently booked at the Dolphin but what's the current consensus on the Reserve. Anyone recently try it?

Morning all! Long time poster, but created a new login due to a new email. Been 4 years since I have been back to the Dolphin.

Next trip will be in Sept 2024. Currently booked at the Dolphin but what's the current consensus on the Reserve. Anyone recently try it?
It’s my favorite of the three hotels and I try to stay there every time now, even when it’s a couple bucks more a night. It’s feels so clean as it’s still got that new hotel shine and I love the smaller footprint. Also the turkey club at the pool bar is the best sandwich going. I can’t wait to have one in January!

I’m a fan of Autograph Collection hotels so they did a great job on the Reserve to live up to that.

It’s my favorite of the three hotels and I try to stay there every time now, even when it’s a couple bucks more a night. It’s feels so clean as it’s still got that new hotel shine and I love the smaller footprint. Also the turkey club at the pool bar is the best sandwich going. I can’t wait to have one in January!

I’m a fan of Autograph Collection hotels so they did a great job on the Reserve to live up to that.
Thanks! What’s the coffee situation there? The refillable mug and pekabu are my favorite reason to stay at the Dolphin

Thanks! What’s the coffee situation there? The refillable mug and pekabu are my favorite reason to stay at the Dolphin
There is a cafe on the main floor and machines in the room. I usually wait til the park to get a Starbucks 🤣

I FINALLY decide to book dolphin for first time ever and their website says garden grove no longer does character meals? can someone confirm?

Can someone who has stayed at the dolphin recently talk me off the ledge? I was so excited to stay at the dolphin next weekend but looked at recent tripadvisor reviews and they are pretty brutal—some saying it is filthy and run down with comparisons to motel six. I have until tomorrow end of day tomorrow to cancel and switch to another hotel. I don’t care if it is dated decor but I do want a clean room and a decent pool.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter