Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

I qualify for the Super Bowl offer and definitely plan to take advantage of it for an upcoming 3-night stay at the Swan. Could anyone confirm for me which category of room I will need to book to qualify for the free upgrade to the family room at the Swan?

Maybe Disney is taking a page out of the S/D playbook?

http://www.wdwthemeparks.com/news/2...rking-fees-coming-to-walt-disney-world-resort

WDWMagic.com user TheVisionarySoul is reporting that Disney is looking to start implementing resort fees and parking fees at all Walt Disney World resorts. Disney reportedly believes that resort fees have become the industry standard and do not foresee issues with those.

The changes to the parking will require new gates (and relocation of the Magic Kingdom gates) and the reported breakdown would be as follows:

• Less than 30 minutes: Free
  • $5 an hour up to a max of $30 a day
  • Daily overnight self-parking will be $30 a day
  • Valet will be $50 a day
He also speculated that Tables in Wonderland users may still receive valet parking but that is unconfirmed.

Back in March of 2016, WDWMagic.com user icc2515 is reporting having received a Disney survey that mentioned a $15 resort fee, this seems to be a connection to that initial survey.

I am a bit confused and hope someone can help. I am staying at the swan. I bought tickets from undercover tourist and linked them online to my account. Is there anything else I need to do? Will I be able to make fast passes 60 days out? Also , I have magic bands from a previous onsite trip. If I bring them can I use them in this trip? Do they need to be activated? How do I do that? Thanks!

I am a bit confused and hope someone can help. I am staying at the swan. I bought tickets from undercover tourist and linked them online to my account. Is there anything else I need to do? Will I be able to make fast passes 60 days out? Also , I have magic bands from a previous onsite trip. If I bring them can I use them in this trip? Do they need to be activated? How do I do that? Thanks!

Once your tickets are linked in MDE, there is nothing else you need to do. Yes, you can schedule fast passes 60 days out. Yes, you can use your MBs from a previous trip, and they should already be activated from your last use.

Once your tickets are linked in MDE, there is nothing else you need to do. Yes, you can schedule fast passes 60 days out. Yes, you can use your MBs from a previous trip, and they should already be activated from your last use.

I would only add the reminder that you need to be sure all members of your party are listed on your reservation that is linked in MDE.

I forget, Patty, can you do 60+10 at S/D?

Last March, I stayed at the Swan for three days, then moved to BCV for three days. I think I was able to book fast passes for all six days at 60 days. I hope I'm remembering that correctly. I think I had to do ADRs one day at a time at 180 days until I got to my BCV stay.

Last March, I stayed at the Swan for three days, then moved to BCV for three days. I think I was able to book fast passes for all six days at 60 days. I hope I'm remembering that correctly. I think I had to do ADRs one day at a time at 180 days until I got to my BCV stay.

That is my recollection as well @patty57.

So fastpasses all days at one time, dining reservations, one day at a time?

That is my recollection--although there have been glitches where people (me included) have been able to book dining for the length of the stay. I wouldn't count on that though because it only happened for me on one occasion.

Any Platinum Starwood members have recent experience at the Dolphin? I stayed at the Swan in November and they waived the resort fee for me 100%. Just checked into the Dolphin and was told they don't waive the fee anymore because all the other hotels were getting mad that they weren't charging the fee. WTH? Is that true? Has anyone had the fee waived at the Dolphin very recently?

Just checked the prices for my reservation dates in July and was able to save over $150 on 3 nights! Woo!

Any Platinum Starwood members have recent experience at the Dolphin? I stayed at the Swan in November and they waived the resort fee for me 100%. Just checked into the Dolphin and was told they don't waive the fee anymore because all the other hotels were getting mad that they weren't charging the fee. WTH? Is that true? Has anyone had the fee waived at the Dolphin very recently?

How would other hotels even know about it? And secondly, why would Starwood care what other hotels think about how they treat their ultra elite frequent stay members? Sounds like B.S. to me.

As I understand it, the Swan no longer waives the resort fees either.

I never was told that story about the other hotels getting mad. That sounds like someone has poor improvisational skills.

However, I did have a 1 night stay at the Dolphin after my cruise last month and confirmed that they no longer waive the resort fee for SPG platinum guests. I was told that Plats would be charged a reduced resort fee instead ($20 instead of $25), however I was charged the regular resort fee and didn't bother calling the billing office to have it corrected since it was only a 1 night stay and I didn't get around to checking my folio until a few days after I returned home.

I had seen reports that the effective date was sometime in December (December 8?) so your prior Swan experience was before it took effect.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter