Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

My dates seem to be available for 48000 points at Swan for 5 nights 7/31-8/5/18. Or we could come 1/1/19-1/6/19 and spend what looks like maybe 50,000 points. Does that sounds right? Other than the points, what differences are there particular to the Swan/Dolphin in these dates? Any big conferences at the Swan or YC in early Aug?

We have stayed for SANS in the spring twice. LOVED the Dolphin both times. I'm looking for something to tip the scales from one date to the other and not sure if there's something on the hotel side I'm missing.

Also, if we checkin to the Swan on 7/31 but don't visit a WDW park until 8/2, can I still make my FP+ at 60 days before 7/31?

What are the bath products now at Swan/Dolphin? Trying to decide if I want to bring my own shampoo. Thanks!

What are the bath products now at Swan/Dolphin? Trying to decide if I want to bring my own shampoo. Thanks!

I think the Swan is still the signature White Tea. Dolphin is now Le Grand Bain products which seem to be made for Sheraton. I didn't care for them but your mileage may vary. I always bring my own stuff just in case (I'm a worrier).

Need a little help from people who have booked stays at S/D through Costco... I understand that I will get an email from Costco after I book with my confirmation # and ticket info. IF I understand correctly that means I can link those tickets and hotel #s into MDE so I can make FP+s at the 60 day mark. What I'm not clear on is do I still get a hard park ticket? And is that what people are referring to having to pick up at "will call" once you arrive at WDW? Thanks if you can provide clarity and any other Costco related tips as I have never booked travel through them but what is offered for May is so much better than I can do though Starwoods own website (plus two of my nights are sold out on their website but available through Costco).

Dolphin is now Le Grand Bain products which seem to be made for Sheraton
So this is the product at all Sheratons? Good to know as I tend to bring my own things, I'm a worrier too! My hair is picky anyways and my big fear is running into the combo shampoo conditioner that some places have :scared1:

I guess I don’t know either . :rolleyes1My guess would be that if you put the ticket confirmation number in mde, and the hotel stay also shows up, that’s bad for me. Do you have a separate hotel confirmation # in your email from them?

I do not have a separate hotel confirmation number that I see.
Please remember, I'm just a Joe Blow - I'm not really sure on what your issue is, I haven't done a split stay, so I'm just not familiar with what the issue is.
If I were you, I'd call dis guest services...probably three times, to see what kind of answer I'd get.
You can also call the dis desk at Swan, but, they rarely answer. There's always someone at the desk during business hours, and they were super helpful and friendly for me, but whenever I've called, it's always, "Please leave a msg.."

So this is the product at all Sheratons? Good to know as I tend to bring my own things, I'm a worrier too! My hair is picky anyways and my big fear is running into the combo shampoo conditioner that some places have :scared1:

I think so. I was curious about Le Grand Bain as I'd never heard of it, so I googled it after returning home from my last stay and saw a bunch of posts on frequent miler sites with people kvetching about it. I rarely use the provided toiletries while I am traveling, except maybe for the shower gel, as my hair is already unpredictable enough in unfamiliar locales without compounding the issue by using unfamiliar products. I do like to bring it home with me and use it for bubble baths though :rotfl: I actually really really liked Sheraton's previous product line... I think it was mandarin orange lime or something like that. The same miler sites have plenty of posts with people who hated that too, so I don't think they're ever going to make everyone happy. I certainly do love the White Tea line at Westin though. And the sea salt H2O products in the Disney Deluxes :thumbsup2

I actually really really liked Sheraton's previous product line... I think it was mandarin orange lime or something like that. The same miler sites have plenty of posts with people who hated that too, so I don't think they're ever going to make everyone happy. I certainly do love the White Tea line at Westin though. And the sea salt H2O products in the Disney Deluxes :thumbsup2
Ain't that the truth! That previous line just sounds like it would smell amazing, and so does the White Tea line. I do love the H20 products. They actually had them in our room at Pop a few weeks ago. I was surprised but I wasn't complaining :rotfl:

I think so. I was curious about Le Grand Bain as I'd never heard of it, so I googled it after returning home from my last stay and saw a bunch of posts on frequent miler sites with people kvetching about it. I rarely use the provided toiletries while I am traveling, except maybe for the shower gel, as my hair is already unpredictable enough in unfamiliar locales without compounding the issue by using unfamiliar products. I do like to bring it home with me and use it for bubble baths though :rotfl: I actually really really liked Sheraton's previous product line... I think it was mandarin orange lime or something like that. The same miler sites have plenty of posts with people who hated that too, so I don't think they're ever going to make everyone happy. I certainly do love the White Tea line at Westin though. And the sea salt H2O products in the Disney Deluxes :thumbsup2

Ain't that the truth! That previous line just sounds like it would smell amazing, and so does the White Tea line. I do love the H20 products. They actually had them in our room at Pop a few weeks ago. I was surprised but I wasn't complaining :rotfl:

The only issue with the H2O products (sea salt) is that they suck the color out of any color treated hair. . .heard that from a hair dresser. I do love the Swan products too and the Dolphin, not so much. I also bring my own hair products.

So just a thanks to everyone who patiently replied to my many questions about Costco Travel the past few days. I did end up booking a trip last night through Costco. Not only were all my dates available (2 were sold out on S/D's website) I am saving about $700 over what my two rooms at POFQ were going to cost!! The pkg came with park hoppers which I was planning to buy from UT anyway. I've stayed at Dolphin twice before (however that was 4 years ago) and am really excited to be going back. Love the epcot location which makes this better for us than any of the moderates. I have old magic bands and we usually do a towncar service with grocery stop anyway so it all works for me!

BUT I would not have even thought to look at Costco for travel if I didn't read it here on this thread!! Thanks! :worship:

Anyone know the answer to this?

Hubby booked Dolphin for 2 nights with his SPG points. It linked perfectly to MDE. Last night, he added one more night to the original reservation. Will this automatically update in MDE or do I need to call someone? If I have to call, who do I call?

I tried to link the third night, but I got an error message saying that my husband made the reservation, so only he could change anything. Hubby doesn't touch MDE. Advice?

Thanks!

Anyone know the answer to this?

Hubby booked Dolphin for 2 nights with his SPG points. It linked perfectly to MDE. Last night, he added one more night to the original reservation. Will this automatically update in MDE or do I need to call someone? If I have to call, who do I call?

I tried to link the third night, but I got an error message saying that my husband made the reservation, so only he could change anything. Hubby doesn't touch MDE. Advice?

Thanks!

I would think that it would automatically update since it is the same reservation number. With S&D reservations, it can often take a day or two before it hits the Disney system. If after 48 hours you do not see all days in your reservation, call Dolphin guest services and ask them to "resend" the reservation to Disney because it has not yet appeared.

Need a little help from people who have booked stays at S/D through Costco... I understand that I will get an email from Costco after I book with my confirmation # and ticket info. IF I understand correctly that means I can link those tickets and hotel #s into MDE so I can make FP+s at the 60 day mark. What I'm not clear on is do I still get a hard park ticket? And is that what people are referring to having to pick up at "will call" once you arrive at WDW? Thanks if you can provide clarity and any other Costco related tips as I have never booked travel through them but what is offered for May is so much better than I can do though Starwoods own website (plus two of my nights are sold out on their website but available through Costco).

Do be aware that it does take a few days to a week get the needed numbers via email, since you are booking way in advance of May you should be fine but if you are waiting, make sure you book enough in advance of the 60 day mark so you are not left waiting. My understanding is at the end of a week Costco sends all the info to S/D and then they process it and get the numbers back to Costco. If you don't get them call Costco. You will get several confirmation numbers; Costco, Hotel, Tickets. Be aware the Hotel number might not work but with that number S/D can get you the right number to input into the Disney system. If you try all the numbers and it doesn't work, call Costco. I thought I had the right number but when I spoke to S/D they corrected me, a few days later I got the right number to link our hotel with Disney, same goes for your tickets.

I'm pretty sure this is a will call situation, but we opted to buy some of the basic Magic Bands. You can always call Costco Travel 1-866-921-7925 or S/D 407-934-4000 both were helpful when I had questions.

Has anyone ever taken the shuttle to the Premium Outlets on Vineland from the Swan? I reserved a spot but there is no mention of where they pick you up. I'm staying at the BWI, but thought it would be easier to get breakfast at the Swan. Thinking of doing Garden Grove (mid-week - so no Character breakfast). Any recent experiences for breakfast? Thanks!

Best for direct: Uber
Best using Dis trans:
1. (assumption) Bus to Boardwalk
2. Bus to DHS and then walk or Friendship boat to Swolphin
3. Bus to Epcot

If you want to go to ep or dhs, then by all means, just hop on a cbr bus to really, any park, and then from that park take the easiest route back to Swolphin.
However:
If you want to go direct from cbr to Swolphin, I wouldn't go via epcot. That's a LOOOONG walk from the main entrance back to the IG. My assumption that a bus to Boardwalk would involve far less walking, and a bus to DHS would allow you to either walk to Swolphin or hop on the Friendship boat. The walk from DHS to Swolphin seems like it's a bit shorter than walking from Epcot main entrance to Swan?

Long winded answer, sorry. Also, if you don't have a hopper, you'll have to use a ticket at the Epcot main entrance to walk through.
On #1- if you want to go CBR-SWAN using disney transport you'd take a bus CBR-Studios, then just walk over to Swan,that's the quickest way.Or the boat if there's no line but there's usually a line- (you don't need to enter the park to do this either) I'd just uber,unless you don't mind the time spent doing this.

is there a toaster in Picabu dining room or fuel we can use with our own bread?

On #1- if you want to go CBR-SWAN using disney transport you'd take a bus CBR-Studios, then just walk over to Swan,that's the quickest way.Or the boat if there's no line but there's usually a line- (you don't need to enter the park to do this either) I'd just uber,unless you don't mind the time spent doing this.

Is there no bus to Boardwalk from cbr?
My assumption was that Boardwalk might be a quicker walk to Swan than DHS to Swan.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter