Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

Dan did you have to be present for the delivery? I'd order a few things but with our short stay we're hitting the parks pretty early.
Yes. A 2 hour time window, you pick the window. I was just in our room, a text comes telling you approximate time. I went to the lobby 5 minutes before delivery guy got there. Very nice service. All cold items were in a separate bag/s with cold packs. I picked 4-6 PM while we were at the resort on afternoon break (August).

Probably quickest to call S/D and ask, with the slow steps to bring the two chains together you've asked a good question. I would think they would take them but a quick email or call should give you the accurate answer. (407) 934-4000 or info@swandolphin.com

No sure about gift cards, but we were looking for a 5 night stay at the dolphin over New Year dec 28-Jan 2. Room on its own was $2834US (we are from Australia) tried to figure a way to get the room any cheaper. Worked out it would cost 40,000 SPG points for the full stay. If i purchased 30,000 SPG points + 30,000 Marriot Points and transferred those to SPG would work out much cheaper. Reason i had to get the Marriot points way is because there is a 30,000 SPG point limit that you can purchase per calendar year.

30,000 SPG $1050
30,000 Marriot(converts to 10,000 SPG) $375
TOTAL $1425US

so i pretty much saved $1400US by doing this. Considering this is one of the highest seasons felt this was a bargain. In saying that i was a bit shattered that in December just gone they had a discount of 35% off point purchases. They run these deals often so certainly worth looking out for

I apologize if this question has been asked before. We are coming from MA in a little over two weeks. We have stayed at the Swan and Dolphin numerous times (we love it!). We bought the Annual Pass as we are going back at the end of the year. Previously we have received Magic Bands before our arrival. I understand they don't do that now. So are my options that I have to buy it if I want a new one or use a previous magic band? If I use a previous one, will I have to go to Guest Relations and activate it there? or is there a way to transfer it to my existing Magic Band before arrival? Thanks for your help!

I apologize if this question has been asked before. We are coming from MA in a little over two weeks. We have stayed at the Swan and Dolphin numerous times (we love it!). We bought the Annual Pass as we are going back at the end of the year. Previously we have received Magic Bands before our arrival. I understand they don't do that now. So are my options that I have to buy it if I want a new one or use a previous magic band? If I use a previous one, will I have to go to Guest Relations and activate it there? or is there a way to transfer it to my existing Magic Band before arrival? Thanks for your help!

As long as the Magic Band shows as Active in your MDE account there's nothing else you need to do. There's nothing "on" the Magic Bands. They just give you access to any entitlements linked to your MDE account. They act like an ATM card which gives you access to your $$.

Once you link your AP in MDE, your "old" MBs will be active. With your new AP, you will want to stop by Guest Relations and pick up the "yellow" card which provides you with identification as an AP holder for discounts. S&D were never eligible to receive complimentary MBs, but they are sold at the Disney stores within both resorts or--just use your old ones. Bear in mind, the MBs will only be of value for park entry and FP+. They will not open your resort room at S&D and you will not be able to utilize them for charging to your room. Hope that answers your questions.

As long as the Magic Band shows as Active in your MDE account there's nothing else you need to do. There's nothing "on" the Magic Bands. They just give you access to any entitlements linked to your MDE account. They act like an ATM card which gives you access to your $$.
Thank you!

Once you link your AP in MDE, your "old" MBs will be active. With your new AP, you will want to stop by Guest Relations and pick up the "yellow" card which provides you with identification as an AP holder for discounts. S&D were never eligible to receive complimentary MBs, but they are sold at the Disney stores within both resorts or--just use your old ones. Bear in mind, the MBs will only be of value for park entry and FP+. They will not open your resort room at S&D and you will not be able to utilize them for charging to your room. Hope that answers your questions.
Thank you!

Probably quickest to call S/D and ask, with the slow steps to bring the two chains together you've asked a good question. I would think they would take them but a quick email or call should give you the accurate answer. (407) 934-4000 or info@swandolphin.com

ETA I called the resort, and unfortunately they aren't accepting Marriott gift cards right now. The customer service rep I spoke to said the Marriott/Starwood merger still isn't complete.

Last edited:
What's the nurses discount for these hotels?

Teachers/nurses/government, etc. used to be far better than they are today. Of late, those discounts are the equivalent of an annual passholder/AAA rate. You will often find the best discounts are SPG preferred rates OR you can still get decent discounts through sites like Cheap Tickets. There is also some discussion above about COSTCO package discounts.

Teachers/nurses/government, etc. used to be far better than they are today... There is also some discussion above about COSTCO package discounts.
I have to second this comment! I was saddened how low the teacher discount was when I checked, but I can appreciate that SPG members get good rates. Well worth comparing the Costco rates, but keep in mind the rooms include an upgrade and some other perks, but still a good comparison.

Based on another thread that the Disney resort kids clubs will be closing, does anyone think Camp Dolphin will head this way also?

Also happy to read the baseball winter meetings will be in Las Vegas this year so hopefully we will get the December dates we really want.

Oh and I forgot to comment after the infamous tp incident
There is no tp in the linen closet on your floor. Dh checked that out and the brand they use is Cottonelle.

My family and I stayed at the Swan over Christmas 2017. While the hotel is very nice, all future visits will be booked at fully Disney hotels.
I had been advised when booking the trip - through Disney, to purchase magic bands and connect them to my My Disney Experience account. I was told that once the bands were activated and linked, I would be all set and my 5 day park hopper passes would be connected to my band. Upon check in, the agent mentioned nothing about cards which would have to be added to my account - so we headed to the parks.
Long story short, it was a nightmare getting things straightened out, which could have been avoided if this had been explained better during my calls to Fisney when booking the vacation, or if the person at check in had looked at the screen more closely and handed me the cards that were our actual park hopper passes (which were there waiting for us in an envelope at check in).
Disney handled things well, giving us extra fast passes for a couple of days to make up for time lost straightening this mess out, and the hotel gave us a small credit on each room we booked. Also the disney rep I spoke with assured me they would try to make sure that guests would be handed their park hopper passes at check in.
However, going forward, we will always choose a Disney resort hotel and avoid this hassle.

New pilot program for three additional FPs per day at cost of $50 per day, per person, to be available to guests at Swan/Dolphin staying in Presidential Suites, Governor Suites, Parlor Suites, and Premium Alcove Rooms, as well as at Club Level of Disney Resorts and Copper Creek Villas & Cabins at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge – Cabins.

http://wdwnt.com/blog/2018/01/confi...e-show-viewing-new-theme-park-extra-offering/

Does anyone know if this will be available if you have an upgrade on a rewards stay? We are Platinum Marriott and looking to book at the regular 12,000/nt rate for August. Expecting some sort of upgrade if they aren't full. And I understand we should get club access with Platinum.

Also, we need the 5 nights for the price of 4 deal (48,000 at Swan). The dates are currently available and I'm worried they'll get booked up. But we only have points to pay for 3 right now. Do I book the 3 nights and 2 nights separately and then convert them to 1 reservation when I get the points to pay for it all?

Does anyone know if this will be available if you have an upgrade on a rewards stay? We are Platinum Marriott and looking to book at the regular 12,000/nt rate for August. Expecting some sort of upgrade if they aren't full. And I understand we should get club access with Platinum.

Also, we need the 5 nights for the price of 4 deal (48,000 at Swan). The dates are currently available and I'm worried they'll get booked up. But we only have points to pay for 3 right now. Do I book the 3 nights and 2 nights separately and then convert them to 1 reservation when I get the points to pay for it all?
I don;t know about points, BF, but in regards to club access, there are no actual club rooms or floors any longer at S/D. They ended those quite a few years ago. It looks like the new FP program applies to suites at S/D.

I don;t know about points, BF, but in regards to club access, there are no actual club rooms or floors any longer at S/D. They ended those quite a few years ago. It looks like the new FP program applies to suites at S/D.
Yes, the terms state that suites and alcove rooms qualify for the offer. As the Swan and Dolphin usually assign rooms a few days in advance of arrival, you can probably tell if you've been upgraded to a suite or alcove room by looking at your reservation, under your SPG account.

Last edited:
Regarding the new pilot program for extra fastpasses, the announcement says that it will be available to Swan and Dolphin guests staying in Presidential Suites, Governor Suites, Parlor Suites, and Premium Alcove Rooms. Can anyone tell me which of those room types is the cheapest (at the Swan), and approximately how much per night it would cost to upgrade from a regular two queens room to that room? Just trying to see whether this would be a viable option for my upcoming family trip . . . .

Yes, the terms state that suites and alcove rooms qualify for the offer. As the Swan and Dolphin usually assign rooms a few days in advance of arrival, you can probably tell if you've been upgraded to a suite or alcove room by looking at your reservation, under your SPG account.

This may be something I would consider in the future, especially for the included nighttime viewing areas. I am doing the dessert party in Feb to see Happily Ever After (for seating- my wife just has knee surgery) and it is costing me 79/person. I could take or leave the desserts. Like to get more details on what the preferred viewing actually is. Great for Pandora- 90 day window- wonder if there is tiering?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter