Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

Probably be easier for you to just go to Hollywood Studios via Disney transportation and take the boat over to Swan/Dolphin.

Are you going in September ?
No we're going in May. We just booked last week and we were able to get a week in May.

We usually don't vacation in the summer because there is just too much going on locally and we already have plans for driving down in early November so May was a perfect time.

Do you have to do anything extra to link the Hotwire reservation to MDE? I didn’t have a problem linking the confirmation number I got from booking direct at Swan Dolphin website. After the 24 hr wait, can I just put the Hotwire confirmation number in MDE or do I need to call Dolphin for different number?

Thanks to everyone for the Hotwire deal alerts! We just booked two rooms for thanksgiving week. Can't believe we were able to get rooms at the dolphin for those rates! $95 (plus tax and resort fee) for a king room and $87 (plus tax and resort fee) for two doubles. Cannot wait!

Do you have to do anything extra to link the Hotwire reservation to MDE? I didn’t have a problem linking the confirmation number I got from booking direct at Swan Dolphin website. After the 24 hr wait, can I just put the Hotwire confirmation number in MDE or do I need to call Dolphin for different number?

If you scroll down in your email there's a confirmation number under reservation details that's different from the hotwire confirmation number. That should work if you put it in after 24 hours from booking your stay. But, people have been saying they are having issues linking and calling the resort to get a number that works 407-934-4000

You mentioned booking directly at the Swan Dolphin website and also mentioned a Hotwire confirmation number.

Swan / Dolphin web site: The only trick to make the direct Swan / Dolphin 9 digit confirmation number work is to enter your last name in all UPPER case on the MDE site when you are linking your reservation.

For Hotwire: Yes, you will have to call to get the correct 9 digit "Confirmation" number. Use the 12 digit Hotel confirmation number from Hotwire and call: 407-934-4000, Chose Option #1 on VRU or Toll Free reservations number is 1-888-828-8850, the agent will provide you with a 9 digit confirmation number that will work in MDE as well as the SPG system. Again, you should enter your last name in all UPPER case on the MDE site to find and link the reservation to your MDE account.

Dave

Hi All--

Few questions! Taking my mother down for a 3 night stay at the end of April. Whirlwind trip--she hasn't been to Disney in over 30 years (my boys and DH and I go twice a year). I usually stay at the Boardwalk but I am psyched to try Dolphin. Can someone help me with a couple of things I'm trying to figure out? When walking to EPCOT, do I want to walk along Yacht/BC or cross over Boardwalk? It seems that would be longer as I'd be crossing the water twice, but I can't say for sure. Also, if I want to take the boat to EP, would walking to Yacht Club be the better option for less stops?

Also, do we need a reservation if we want to do breakfast at Fresh Mediterranean Market?

And if my mom isn't able to walk far, and we have booked a resort view room, would requesting an Epcot view be the wrong idea?

Finally, I am trying to find the Hotwire deal and I just can't seem to make it work for our fall dates. Am I doing something wrong? I just read above that a poster got a room for Thanksgiving week. We go 11/27-12/2. Anyone successful getting Swan or Dolphin for that date range? It's just not popping up as an option for me (based on the sleuthing skills I've been reading about--trip advisor reviews, etc).

Thanks!

Finally, I am trying to find the Hotwire deal and I just can't seem to make it work for our fall dates. Am I doing something wrong? I just read above that a poster got a room for Thanksgiving week. We go 11/27-12/2. Anyone successful getting Swan or Dolphin for that date range?
Let's start with the hard part first. There is no Hot Rate at either the Swan or Dolphin for your dates; 11/27 - 12/2. However, if you switch to 11/25 - 12/2, the Dolphin shows starting at $116. Another date range: 11/25 - 11/30, the Dolphin shows starting at $126.

Note: these Dolphin rates are based on the TripAdvisor 5051 reviews and "Full" beds(Dolphin actually starts with double beds) for a Hot rate.

Dave

Let's start with the hard part first. There is no Hot Rate at either the Swan or Dolphin for your dates; 11/27 - 12/2. However, if you switch to 11/25 - 12/2, the Dolphin shows starting at $116. Another date range: 11/25 - 11/30, the Dolphin shows starting at $126.

Note: these Dolphin rates are based on the TripAdvisor 5051 reviews and "Full" beds(Dolphin actually starts with double beds) for a Hot rate.

Dave

Thanks! If I mess with my dates further, I see that an option that looks like the Swan pops up. Can someone who has purchased this deal with the Swan confirm that TripAdvisor 4908 reviews is, indeed, the Swan before I pull the trigger?

Also, if anyone can answer any of the questions in my post above, I'd be grateful. Also, is there oatmeal somewhere on property available quick service in the morning (mom's requirement).

Headed to Disney at the end of the week! My bf and I are staying on property, but his family is staying at Swan. We have a couple days where we would like to go visit them - our off day to swim, dinner at the BW, etc. We have our own car to get there - are we going to have a problem getting in and parking there? Not overnight, but just for the day??

I don't think you should have any problems, if you get stopped tell them you're just parking to visit and eat/drink. Otherwise, why not Uber? It would likely be like $5 depending where you're staying.

I called and got a different confirmation number. The itinerary number Hotwire provides is not the one you need to link. I also called and added my husband and his SPG number (he is lifetime platinum).

I don't think you should have any problems, if you get stopped tell them you're just parking to visit and eat/drink.
If you are a day visitor and do not have a door key card, as mentioned earlier, there will be a $23 charge. You sometimes can get a parking credit voucher from the signature restaurants and the Garden Grove, for 3 hours free parking.

Can someone help me with a couple of things I'm trying to figure out? When walking to EPCOT, do I want to walk along Yacht/BC or cross over Boardwalk? It seems that would be longer as I'd be crossing the water twice, but I can't say for sure. Also, if I want to take the boat to EP, would walking to Yacht Club be the better option for less stops?
https://www.wdwmagic.com/walking-distances.htm

Any differences are very minimal

o we need a reservation if we want to do breakfast at Fresh Mediterranean Market?
Generally no, but I would make one just the same. No charge, unlike Disney restaurants.

And if my mom isn't able to walk far, and we have booked a resort view room, would requesting an Epcot view be the wrong idea?
I would say Epcot view rooms, on the east end, would be closer to Epcot and the Studios. But further from the swimming areas.

Thanks! If I mess with my dates further, I see that an option that looks like the Swan pops up. Can someone who has purchased this deal with the Swan confirm that TripAdvisor 4908 reviews is, indeed, the Swan before I pull the trigger?
Yes that would be the Swan currently with the TripAdvisor reviews of 4908. Just make sure that you have narrowed the search to "Bonnet Creek" from the larger Lake Buena Vista default map on the right of the web page (Click the big map section just to the left of the "Map" pin centered for the map.

I booked the Swan for next month (May) at $135 using the TripAdvisor reviews of 4908 for the Hot rate. Again, you should go further down the Hotel results list and you should see the Swan actually listed for about $225 and it has the matching TripAdvisor reviews of 4908.

Dave

If you are a day visitor and do not have a door key card, as mentioned earlier, there will be a $23 charge. You sometimes can get a parking credit voucher from the signature restaurants and the Garden Grove, for 3 hours free parking.

I didn't know this. In that case, I'd Uber!

Also, if anyone can answer any of the questions in my post above, I'd be grateful. Also, is there oatmeal somewhere on property available quick service in the morning (mom's requirement).

I hope you were able to get the Swan. It is a fantastic resort.

I found a recent room service menu for the Swan/Dolphin on-line and saw that steel cut oatmeal is available. I don’t know whether they serve it at Picabu or Fuel, but you could order it in room.

OH my goodness y'all tip on Hotwire saved me $245!! Thats more than I paid with hotwire for my two nights at the dolphin before I move to VGF and PVB I'm so excited! I had it booked through SPG and kept reading about everyone getting such great rates but thought that I had booked a non refundable rate but I checked and I didn't so I gave Hotwire a try read the tips on insuring it was dolphin, man that was scary pulling the trigger, I clicked book now, squeezed my eyes shut since this really is non refundable and repeated oh please let it be dolphin for a min or two and thankfully it was! I just canceled my SPG reservation for the dolphin. I'll call tomorrow and get the confirmation number I need to link to MDE and have my SPG number added to the reservation. Again thanks everyone for helping me save so much!

Last edited:
No simple link to Hotwire for these great prices. First you need to go to the Hotwire web site, choose the Hotels option:
  1. Search for Walt Disney World Resort, Lake Buena Vista with your dates (example below for Sept. 2018).
  2. Narrow your search by clicking on the map on the right side to focus on Bonnet Creek area (blob on the left of red location pin)
  3. The Hotel match currently needs to have 5051 TripAdvisor reviews as reported earlier in the thread and shown in the image below.
View attachment 315594

Note: An addition Resort fee of $32 is required in addition to Hotwire pricing

Dave
Thank you so much!!! I hadn't been on here in such a long time I barely remembered how to post lol.

Oh my gosh, you guys are so awesome! I just got the Swan for my July 4-6 trip. Going specifically for the Epcot fireworks, and planning to hit HS on the 5th, so the location is perfect. I had already booked Animal Kingdom Lodge with Passholder rate, but this is saving me about $100/night!

I thought I read here that you were allowed to book a room on points even if your account was shy by some of the points needed. Am I crazy, or is this correct?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter