Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

Marriott is making a major announcement this afternoon regarding the Marriott/Starwood merger and what is supposed to include changes to their loyalty program. That could be why you are having issues. Have you tried calling?

Yes I know. That's why I tried to get ahead of the game this weekend. Unfortunately I haven't had time to sit on the phone. I'll try later today.

So, how is everyone getting to the Swolphin from MCO?

Right now I have a car rental for 5 1/2 hours, to get to the resort. We are also going to do a stop for water, snacks, etc with it and a trip to the character outlet. I think that makes more sense with the stops we want to do rather than getting Uber or other services.

Right now I have a car rental for 5 1/2 hours, to get to the resort. We are also going to do a stop for water, snacks, etc with it and a trip to the character outlet. I think that makes more sense with the stops we want to do rather than getting Uber or other services.

We always do a private car service, but we even do that with stays at Disney Hotels because we also like to make grocery stops. With the many stops you hope to make, a rental car seems appropriate. If it is an Alamo (maybe National too? We always rent Alamo.) rental you can return it right at the Dolphin.

We always do a private car service, but we even do that with stays at Disney Hotels because we also like to make grocery stops. With the many stops you hope to make, a rental car seems appropriate. If it is an Alamo (maybe National too? We always rent Alamo.) rental you can return it right at the Dolphin.

Yep, I've got Alamo booked, dropping at the Dolphin for $63 on a premium car.

My one nephew is doing a similar thing. He travels a lot for work and is using some kind of rewards to rent a car so they can hit a supermarket and return the car to the Dolphin. IDK what my brother and other nephew are doing, probably a van with FL Tours since that’s what they did last fall.

I’m claiming my suitcase and heading to the Mears shuttle. It wasn’t bad at all last time. I’ll take an Uber for my return flight.

Speaking of car rentals..
We got in late (12am) so I nixxed the idea of a car rental, fearing the hassle of being charged for overnight parking.
I can call over there and ask, but wondering if anyone knows if there is an after hours drop off option for returning a car at Swolphin?

We paid 100.00 nice tip included for a premium road hog suv ride from mco with a grocery (well, Walgreens) stop, not a huge deal. I might want to try a rental next time.

We did a Lyft and brought food/snacks with us. Water we got daily from housekeeping and then used QS ice water.

Speaking of car rentals..
We got in late (12am) so I nixxed the idea of a car rental, fearing the hassle of being charged for overnight parking.
I can call over there and ask, but wondering if anyone knows if there is an after hours drop off option for returning a car at Swolphin?

We paid 100.00 nice tip included for a premium road hog suv ride from mco with a grocery (well, Walgreens) stop, not a huge deal. I might want to try a rental next time.

Yes there is definitely an after hours return for National. You give the keys to the valet. I’m not sure of how you handle documentation. Most agencies will list this on the location details on their website.

We did a Lyft and brought food/snacks with us. Water we got daily from housekeeping and then used QS ice water.

I think this is what we have decided to do as well. We need to do Lyft Plus as we are 4 adults and 4 bags but the estimates are $38-$48 which is pretty good for 4 of us. We decided to skip our usual towncar and grocery stop. Bringing snacks with us in our suitcases (granola bars mainly for breakfasts), will buy yogurt and fruit as needed in the grab and go, and rely on our free hotel water bottles (will try to ask for a few extra each day when I leave my housekeeping tip ;)) We decided we wanted to get to the hotel asap so we can head into Epcot for a half a day on arrival day.

But the rental car idea for a few hours is an interesting one I had not thought of.

One more Hotwire deal question! I'm assuming if I book a hot deal room at either Dolphin or Swan through Hotwire I will be booking a Traditional room category and will likely not get a Resort View or a balcony, right (unless I get lucky)?

20171123_211613.jpg 20171123_193802.jpg 20171123_193751.jpg
One more Hotwire deal question! I'm assuming if I book a hot deal room at either Dolphin or Swan through Hotwire I will be booking a Traditional room category and will likely not get a Resort View or a balcony, right (unless I get lucky)?

We got a balcony at the Swan last year at Thanksgiving. We booked our room on Priceline Express Deals. Here's our view.

You are not booking a view when using the Hotwire Hot Rates. You get 3 bedding options: hotel picks the bedding choice, 2 Doubles or a King bed. If you pick the 2 Doubles or a King room then your bedding selection is guaranteed. The specific room assigned could be anywhere within the resort with any view.

Dave

You are not booking a view when using the Hotwire Hot Rates. You get 3 bedding options: hotel picks the bedding choice, 2 Doubles or a King bed. If you pick the 2 Doubles or a King room then your bedding selection is guaranteed. The specific room assigned could be anywhere within the resort with any view.

Dave

I see that now. I guess I wonder if rooms that come from 3rd party sites are more likely to be given standard view rooms since it's not specified? Not a deal breaker, but curious. Glad to see previous poster got a balcony room with fireworks view--amazing!

I think I know the answer but my sister is contradicting me...

If I am staying at Swan/Dolphin and using one of my old magic bands, can I charge items at the parks to my band?

Marriott is making a major announcement this afternoon regarding the Marriott/Starwood
Thanks! Some interesting changes; but until I know how the S/D ranks in their points rating it's hard to tell if its good or not. I'd like to see the resort fee waived more often. I'm curious to see if they kick Amex to the curb stay with the Marriott Visa, I might get one in that case, but I won't carry an Amex. But sure appears to be more confusing on my first glance.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter