Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

How long did it take for the Swan to take your deposit out of your account? I booked yesterday at the passholder rate, it was a good deal but the deposit was more than one night's price.
Do you mean that they already charged your card and it was more than you expected, or that the Marriott site showed a deposit amount of more than one night when you booked?

If it's the first, then don't forget about the $30/day resort fee and also taxes, which can add up. And obviously the pre-paid rates require full payment up front.

If it's the second, I'd say wait until it hits your credit card before you worry. There's a bug in the Marriott website that shows incorrect deposit amounts. When we booked, the website showed a deposit amount that was as much as 4 nights worth, but when it hit our credit card a few days later, it was only one night's worth.

Wasn't today the day the Dolphin was supposed to reopen since the soccer group left? Has that happened?

Disney today announced continuation of AP room discount of 40% on Deluxe, till 12/25/2020. I wonder if Swan/Dolphin will adjust their 30% AP discount, or if they are satisfied with bookings. Disney's action seems to indicate that the fall season looks to continue to be weak, and that additional incentive is required to up attendance and bookings.

Disney today announced continuation of AP room discount of 40% on Deluxe, till 12/25/2020. I wonder if Swan/Dolphin will adjust their 30% AP discount, or if they are satisfied with bookings. Disney's action seems to indicate that the fall season looks to continue to be weak, and that additional incentive is required to up attendance and bookings.
Fingers crossed!

I called to book the Swan for October today. I told the woman I spoke with that the site kept trying to charge me an additional fee for children. She said that in the future you simply need to put that you want to add two children to the reservation in the special requests box when making the reservation online. I didn't do that since I had her on the phone, but I thought someone else might find the information helpful.

This may have been covered earlier and I may have just missed it...has anyone tried transferring luggage to/from Swalphin to a Disney Hotel as we have been able to do in the past? I wasn't sure no with COVID if that was still a service offered.

How long does it take on average to be able to connect your Swan reservation in MDE? It's only been a couple of hours, but I'm getting nasty. I know it says it can take up to 72 hours but does it really take that long?

How long does it take on average to be able to connect your Swan reservation in MDE? It's only been a couple of hours, but I'm getting nasty. I know it says it can take up to 72 hours but does it really take that long?
Did you add it in the app using your res number? Mine showed up instantly doing it that way.

Did you add it in the app using your res number? Mine showed up instantly doing it that way.
Well, I tried through the app and it doesn't show up either. I just made the resort reservation a couple of hours ago...I'll keep checking.

The Swan has to send their reservations to Disney's MDE system before you can link, so there's often a delay. When we booked through Marriott (and Starwood before), it usually took at least a day before we could link it. When we recently booked through Disney, it took over 72 hours because Disney took 2 days to send the reservation over to the Swan, and then the Swan had to bounce the reservation back to MDE. I wouldn't get too worried until 72 hours has passed. Just keep trying periodically to link it.

The Swan has to send their reservations to Disney's MDE system before you can link, so there's often a delay. When we booked through Marriott (and Starwood before), it usually took at least a day before we could link it. When we recently booked through Disney, it took over 72 hours because Disney took 2 days to send the reservation over to the Swan, and then the Swan had to bounce the reservation back to MDE. I wouldn't get too worried until 72 hours has passed. Just keep trying periodically to link it.
I booked over the phone with the Swan -- this morning I was able to link my reservation no problem. Thanks so much!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter