Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

Any ideas for an acronym for the new tower, if the newly mentioned-name is accurate? If not including the other two properties, how about Swerve?

For those creative DISers, are there any ideas out there for Swan+Dolphin+Swan Reserve?

I like Swerve for The Swan + The Swan reserve. I don't feel like it includes the Dolphin, however. My first thought was Swervin. Swervin was suggested already and could work as it is technically inclusive? I just don't 'hear' the Dolphin in the name very well. Or perhaps, something like Swolphin/Res? Someone with more imagination than I, will undoubtedly come up with a better name! LOL!

Thank you! The surprise fees are the only thing stopping us from booking the Swan. We understand the resort fee and parking fee, as we will have a car. But I was so confused by the extra person fee.We do have AAA and would def bring our card since we’re making the drive from Texas. We’re torn about booking thru Disney or direct. Now that you have to make park reservations we’d need to purchase tickets separately. If we book direct, then we’re out that money should something happen that we need to cancel. Booking thru Disney gives a level of protection in these uncertain times.
You bring up good points. There have been some great deals at the S/D, if Disney is matching those prices then booking Disney would make sense, if they are full rates then maybe not. I couldn't find and exact ticket refund policy, just this "Ticket Cancellation: If you do not want to use your ticket, you also have the option of cancelling your ticket or package. To discuss your options, please call the Disney Reservation Center at (407) 566-4985, or contact your travel professional."

Question for those that booked the Swan through Disney directly- besides the resort fee what additional fees were you charged? When I price a trip through Marriott for my family of four, including two children under 18, they add on a $375 extra person fee for a weeks stay. Wondering if that’s already included in the quote from Disney or if that will be a separate charge at checkout.
This has been my experience with various booking methods...

The refundable room-only rate directly through Marriott required a deposit of one night's rate which is fully refundable up to 5 days before check-in. From 5 to 2 days before check-in you lose the deposit of one night's rate. Within 24 hours, it's non-refundable. Full balance is due upon check-out (or cancellation within 24 hours).

Booking a package through Disney required a flat deposit of $200 which is fully refundable up to 30 days before check-in. Disney does require full payment at 30 days, but from 29 to 2 days before, it's still refundable, you just lose the $200 deposit. Within 24 hours, it's non-refundable.

Disney's policy also states you might have to pay cancellation fees for third-party hotels, so it's possible that if you cancel within 5 days of check-in, that you might have to pay Marriott's cancellation penalty of one night's rate in addition to the $200 Disney penalty.

I booked my room directly on Marriott website, but haven't gotten tickets yet. Where do you all get your tickets? Through Disney or UT or elsewhere? I want something with a good change or cancellation policy because I may need to move my trip dates from April 2021 to August 2021 if there are still travel restrictions/no April Break. 😬

Booking a package through Disney required a flat deposit of $200 which is fully refundable up to 30 days before check-in. Disney does require full payment at 30 days, but from 29 to 2 days before, it's still refundable, you just lose the $200 deposit. Within 24 hours, it's non-refundable.
Not currently Disney has a revised policy through December 31st.

Rooms and Packages (US & Canada)
To provide additional flexibility, we are waiving Disney-imposed change and cancellation fees up to the date of check-in for reservations with arrivals through December 31, 2020

source: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/experience-updates/resorts/

Dave

Not currently Disney has a revised policy through December 31st.

Rooms and Packages (US & Canada)
To provide additional flexibility, we are waiving Disney-imposed change and cancellation fees up to the date of check-in for reservations with arrivals through December 31, 2020

source: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/experience-updates/resorts/

Dave
Thanks for pointing this out. I wasn't sure when the PP was looking to travel, so I didn't want to say there are no cancellation fees, but I should have made a note of the current policy in case they were planning to travel this year.

I just wanted to share my experience so that people didn't get the impression that a Disney-booked package is completely non-refundable inside 30 days.

Does anybody besides me think that the Swan Reserve has a rather 'blah' look, like just a big, rather plain cube? So uninspiring compared to either or both the S and D, whether you like their looks or hate their looks. Looks like an nice office building, not a Disney World resort. I know it is geared to conventions and more business stuff, but still......

Does anybody besides me think that the Swan Reserve has a rather 'blah' look, like just a big, rather plain cube? So uninspiring compared to either or both the S and D, whether you like their looks or hate their looks. Looks like an nice office building, not a Disney World resort. I know it is geared to conventions and more business stuff, but still......

View attachment 522637
I completely agree. This rendering only shows two elevations, with balconies at corner rooms on at least one. Even though it will be marketed for business travelers and conventions, etc., the structure’s design is very cold.

We’ll have to see what the interior looks like. Has it been divulged if there will be a Club Level? That’s one amenity missing from both the Swan and Dolphin, though I seem to recall the Swan having Club Level, many years ago.

Additional info and renderings:

https://m.orlandoweekly.com/Blogs/a...otel-tower-the-cove-is-headed-to-disney-world
With all of that glass, I don’t think I would want to be staying there during a hurricane.

This property apparently will be part of Marriott’s Autograph Collection.

Last edited:
I completely agree. This rendering only shows two elevations, with balconies at corner rooms on at least one. Even though it will be marketed for business travelers and conventions, etc., the structure’s design is very cold.

We’ll have to see what the interior looks like. Has it been divulged if there will be a Club Level? That’s one amenity missing from both the Swan and Dolphin, though I seem to recall the Swan having Club Level, many years ago.

Additional info and renderings:

https://m.orlandoweekly.com/Blogs/a...otel-tower-the-cove-is-headed-to-disney-world
With all of that glass, I don’t think I would want to be staying there during a hurricane.
Yes, they both had club levels, ended probably arounf 2005.

Need some help making a last minute decision! I have to decide by 11:59PM tomorrow if we will stay at Swan or Dolphin for our Labor Day weekend trip. We were just at Swan last week for 12 days, top floor corner room and loved it, but also thinking about those ground floor Dolphin rooms in the 1300 section with sliders to the pool! Please weigh in and sway me one way or the other!
P.S. have stayed at Swan once, never stayed at Dolphin

Last edited:

View attachment 522637
For those who said it looks like an office building - yes! When I saw this photo, I was just going to say that they built an office tower next to my former work location that looked like this with the windows poking out at odd - errr - jaunty(?) angles. I don’t get this design aesthetic but I don’t particularly love the architecture of the Swan or Dolphin either. Will I still stay there? Yes 🙃

I don’t get this design aesthetic but I don’t particularly love the architecture of the Swan or Dolphin either. Will I still stay there? Yes
I agree with you. I don't care what it looks like if the rooms are nice, and the pricing is not over the top because the of the location, location, location.

Note: It was designed for Business guests so maybe they thought the customers would feel more at home in a generic any city cube. I have had to overlook the Giant Swans & Dolphin Fish since 1989. We stayed there in 1990 and loved it as it predated the Boardwalk Inn and Villas.

Dave

We will be taking skyliner to mini golf on Labor Day and are thinking about getting lunch afterwards at the quick service pool bar at Swan before walking back to studios skyliner station (or Epcot one). Anyway we aren’t staying at swan but the food at this place looks significantly better than what Pop is currently serving. Is this accessible to people not staying at Swan? Hoping you don’t have to get inside the pool area which I would assume non Swan guests couldn’t do.

We will be taking skyliner to mini golf on Labor Day and are thinking about getting lunch afterwards at the quick service pool bar at Swan before walking back to studios skyliner station (or Epcot one). Anyway we aren’t staying at swan but the food at this place looks significantly better than what Pop is currently serving. Is this accessible to people not staying at Swan? Hoping you don’t have to get inside the pool area which I would assume non Swan guests couldn’t do.
Yes, all the esting/drinking facilities are open to anybody.

Yes, all the esting/drinking facilities are open to anybody.

great thank you - I was hoping that would be the case. The food there looks roughly 1000 times better than what Pop has. We figured if nothing else we would check out the other hotels between studios and Epcot for lunch. Literally anything would be better than what Pop is currently offering sadly.

I booked my room directly on Marriott website, but haven't gotten tickets yet. Where do you all get your tickets? Through Disney or UT or elsewhere? I want something with a good change or cancellation policy because I may need to move my trip dates from April 2021 to August 2021 if there are still travel restrictions/no April Break. 😬

i bought a ticket from Undercover Tourist for November, and linked it to MDE. When I moved the trip to December, I called UT to see if they could change the ticket dates. They couldn't do that because the ticket had already been added to MDE, but they emailed me instructions to change the dates online. I still ended up calling Disney to do that, but our Dec. dates were less expensive than the November dates, so I was able to change from a 6-day to a 7-day ticket for no additional charge.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter