Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

Offer valid today, only, for 20% discount on three sizes of Marriott gift cards (very limited quantities). This offer is through the U.S. Travel Association and goes live at 1:00 PM ET. I expect these to sell out quickly.

Marriott discounted gift cards
I was able to snag 2 $100 GC's for $160. :woohoo: Again, thanks for the heads up, Gitelror. :thanks:

Last edited:
We have stayed at the both the Swan and Dolphin in last few months, and we enjoyed it, rooms were fantastic.
But both times it was total mess getting our rooms, and they were not available till well after 4:00. Tried checking in around 3:00 didnt get the room till about 5:00.
I had same experience, we arrived to Dolphin around 245 last Sat (10/16) I had done mobile check in at airport in NJ - got to resort went to desk and they said they are 110% capacity so rooms are at mercy of housekeeping. we hung in the lobby for 45 mins hoping and room was ready around 4:27 - we ran up dumped stuff and changed - i thought the room had an odor (musty moldy smell) but thought maybe it was my imagination. Went about our day returned around 10:30 and as soon as we opened room door - BAM smell of mold and musty carpet (hubby is a contractor he knows that smell) called down, no open rooms for that night would have to stay but they would switch me in am - which meant fully repacking, bringing bags down, then after a full day in parks unpacking again. when we got to new room we now had a resort view ?(front of dolphin head on with swan) needless to say waking up sunday after breathing in that air we felt awful. I appreciated that they helped get me moved but extremely frustrated they would even put someone in a room with that smell. and by the 5 seconds it took for them to acknowledge they would move me via phone call only I feel like are aware of that issue in places.

I was able to snag 2 $100 GC's for $160. :woohoo: Again, thanks for the heads up, Giteltor. :thanks:
Thanks for the heads up on the Marriott gift cards. I got $300 for $240.
This offer for discounted Marriott gift cards sold out.

Congrats to those who were able to purchase the cards they wanted!

Just had the thought about these being great Christmas gifts - no need to worry about problems with the supply chain. :)

Last edited:
Does anyone know why the Swan and Dolphin impose a 3 guest limit on the King rooms? I want to stay there with my wife, 3 year old and will be 6 month old in a crib.

hello. we will be arriving on Saturday and were thinking about getting some groceries delivered. does anyone have suggestions on what to order? what is good food to have in hotel setting? is there a micro-wave or something available to guests? also, are there any limitations or restrictions on grocery delivery? tia.

@Gitelfor I agree, I can't see several people being told the 28th if it's not accurate at this point. Could be a partial opening too, hard to say just happy they are getting close to it.

New to the forum here. Been finding it AWESOME here, this is more info than even calling the swan front desk. I’m not sure if this is another useful datapoint but Amare the restaurant in Swan reserve has open table reservations starting 28th. Odd thing is if I try to book the hotel, they only have availability Nov 4th. What are the chances that SR is delayed again? Or said differently how would we know this is more legit than sept 1, late sept and mid-oct projections?

I am abit worried because my Nov reservation was done using marriott free night certs and I keep pushing my reservation back but now it’s getting close to when those free night certs originally expire. I feel like I am at the bottom of the totem pole in terms of ways they could refund me if it all falls through.

New to the forum here. Been finding it AWESOME here, this is more info than even calling the swan front desk. I’m not sure if this is another useful datapoint but Amare the restaurant in Swan reserve has open table reservations starting 28th. Odd thing is if I try to book the hotel, they only have availability Nov 4th. What are the chances that SR is delayed again? Or said differently how would we know this is more legit than sept 1, late sept and mid-oct projections?

I am abit worried because my Nov reservation was done using marriott free night certs and I keep pushing my reservation back but now it’s getting close to when those free night certs originally expire. I feel like I am at the bottom of the totem pole in terms of ways they could refund me if it all falls through.
Welcome aboard! All signs are opening on the 28th, you might want to give them a call yourself to give you more assurance. But as you noted the restaurant is showing its opening, and several others sharing the 28th. They may be holding back taking more reservations until the 4th or I suppose they could be booked solid. After all the delays its so hard to say for sure.

Thanks. I just got my email from Marriott about my upcoming stay, so it looks like they’re definitely opening this time (I’m arriving November 4)
Got the same (also staying on the 4th). That is an automated message from Marriott so I don't know how much it actually means regarding rooms being ready. It would be interesting to hear what the latest time anyone else got a call or email about being moved relative to their check in date.

Does anyone know why the Swan and Dolphin impose a 3 guest limit on the King rooms? I want to stay there with my wife, 3 year old and will be 6 month old in a crib.
That seems odd but I there are fire code limits for the non-king rooms at 5. Could be to avoid some other "nefarious" activities. You might call during the day and ask for in-house reservations. I can't say I've run acorss the 3 person limit being discussed. @Dan Murphy - have you?

hello. we will be arriving on Saturday and were thinking about getting some groceries delivered. does anyone have suggestions on what to order? what is good food to have in hotel setting? is there a micro-wave or something available to guests? also, are there any limitations or restrictions on grocery delivery? tia.
We normally just have some breakfast bars, we don't microwave things plus there are no microwaves in the rooms. We usually grab a case of water as we drink of a lot, may soda, package of nuts, etc. For the room some crackers and cheese - that's about it.

Previously the old website stated the following, "Available for your ease of use are complimentary microwaves on select guest room floors of the resort as well as in Picabu and Fuel, both located at the Dolphin. Microwaves are located at the Swan on the 3rd and 6th floors next to the East Wing ice machines, as well as at the Dolphin hotel on the 6th and 9th floors next to both the East and West Wing ice machines." You might want to download the SwanDophin Mobile App then click on I'm on Property and use the text option to verify if this information is correct.

Hi everyone! Can anyone share details on the busing situation to magic kingdom and animal kingdom? I thought I read that Disney buses are no longer provided. Can you hop on another resort’s bus system?

@JnoMoremoney this has been going on for over a year now, we thought we might see Disney buses come back now but no sign and my gut says until Disney is fully staffed we won't see it. So for now you have two choice for MK/AK you can take the MK/SD bus but it takes you to TTC not direct to MK. So some opt to walk over to YC/BC or BW. There is nothing stopping you from this and Disney's own website make it clear that buses are open for all. But it does mean you need to walk. Some opt to take the SD bus to TTC and then take a bus to YC/BC or BW back, either way you have a choice. The but to AK is different, it doesn't pull in with the other Disney buses but the location isn't bad at all. It will drop you off over near where the Uber/Lyft gets dropped off but about the same distance to where the Disney buses park.

You do want to download the SwanDolphi Mobile App and click on the "I'm on Property" then Transportation and you'll find this should it be updated any time soon: AK Spaces 3 & 4, TTC MK C3 & C4 and Disney Springs West Side Bus Loop. I'm attaching the map I posted awhile back so you can see where the bus for AK drops/picks up at.
SD Bus Parking.png

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter