Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

@JnoMoremoney this has been going on for over a year now, we thought we might see Disney buses come back now but no sign and my gut says until Disney is fully staffed we won't see it. So for now you have two choice for MK/AK you can take the MK/SD bus but it takes you to TTC not direct to MK. So some opt to walk over to YC/BC or BW. There is nothing stopping you from this and Disney's own website make it clear that buses are open for all. But it does mean you need to walk. Some opt to take the SD bus to TTC and then take a bus to YC/BC or BW back, either way you have a choice. The but to AK is different, it doesn't pull in with the other Disney buses but the location isn't bad at all. It will drop you off over near where the Uber/Lyft gets dropped off but about the same distance to where the Disney buses park.

You do want to download the SwanDolphi Mobile App and click on the "I'm on Property" then Transportation and you'll find this should it be updated any time soon: AK Spaces 3 & 4, TTC MK C3 & C4 and Disney Springs West Side Bus Loop. I'm attaching the map I posted awhile back so you can see where the bus for AK drops/picks up at.
View attachment 615120
Last time we stayed we elected to Uber to Contemporary and walk over to MK from there . This was quick and easy and avoided the TTC ,but it was preCOVID so I'm not sure if it's still an option.

@letsgobirds it’s not anymore. They’ve shut down that method. They also won’t allow mobile orders from non CR guests as that was another way around it with Uber but that’s out at CR, GF and Poly plus hearing the same at BC too

Last Sunday we were able to take an Uber over to Poly with no prob - we were looking to get into Trader Sam's so we had no reservation. Security Guard checked Uber's ID and let us right in, I was prepared to join a walk up list if need be as Ohana was wide open.

You can also just walk from TTC to MK. I’ve done the walk. It’s pleasant, but not at all well-signed through the grounds of the Polynesian or GF. When you get to the end of the GF, it’s very well signed.

Hi- can I ask a question about transport from the Swan Reserve (travelling next April from the UK- international borders permitting....).
We will have a car - is it a real pain to drive from the Swan/Swan Reserve to MK and AK, rather than wait for the buses? (We have to pay or parking at the hotel anyway so I think parking at the parks is then free or have I got that wrong?) Is it a much longer walk after parking than if you get the buses?
Also- what is Lyft and how do you get it??!
Sorry- lots of questions but I'm the families planner and having had the last 4 planned trips cancelled I am keen to plan!

@letsgobirds it’s not anymore. They’ve shut down that method. They also won’t allow mobile orders from non CR guests as that was another way around it with Uber but that’s out at CR, GF and Poly plus hearing the same at BC too
Do you know if you can still use Disney transportation and do a "walk-up" order at the QS places at the monorail resorts? We're planning on doing a monorail crawl and parking at the TTC.

@FinnsMom7 that's good I wonder if they are enforcing it more in the morning "drop off period" like you going to Trader Sam's would be awful if they turned me away ;)

@JnoMoremoney happy to help! Ask away if you have any other questions too.

@jemjem the only downside to driving to MK is you have to go park at the TTC and then either take the ferry, monorail or bus. But if it’s your 1st time I will say the Ferry Ride and Monorail are pretty magical way to start your day at MK. Since the bus at SD will take you to TTC I’d be more inclined to drive. You can also walk from Swan Reserve to Boardwalk but IMHO that’s just a lot of walking. Lyft is just like Uber. You want to download the Lyft app for your phone and set it up with a credit card.

@mickey916 yes, at least from what I’ve read and heard that shouldn’t be an issue. Once you are on site you might be able to place a mobile order.

I can't say I've run acorss the 3 person limit being discussed. @Dan Murphy - have you?
I have not, Steve.
Previously the old website stated the following, "Available for your ease of use are complimentary microwaves on select guest room floors of the resort as well as in Picabu and Fuel, both located at the Dolphin. Microwaves are located at the Swan on the 3rd and 6th floors next to the East Wing ice machines, as well as at the Dolphin hotel on the 6th and 9th floors next to both the East and West Wing ice machines." You might want to download the SwanDophin Mobile App then click on I'm on Property and use the text option to verify if this information is correct.
Last I heard was that the microwaves were gone, at least during the pandemic time. Not sure if they are back. As Steve suggested, a call to the S/D or the app should give current situation.
You can also just walk from TTC to MK. I’ve done the walk. It’s pleasant, but not at all well-signed through the grounds of the Polynesian or GF. When you get to the end of the GF, it’s very well signed.
That is about a 2 mile walk, TTC>Polynesian>Grand Floridian>MK.

First ever stay at the Dolphin for a quick solo birthday trip and I love it! Finding the self parking entrance was a bit difficult and I had to ask the valet but it could have well been the fact that it was dark and I have not been here before.

I arrived after 7 and the check in desk was busy but they added an extra person to help out and I only waited a few minutes. I can't recall the gentleman that checked me in but he was great. Super friendly and helpful. I got a room on the West side 7th floor. It was super clean, 2 bottles of water by the coffee maker and 2 in the fridge, psyched about that.

The bed is INCREDIBLE. Literally best hotel bed ever. I want one for home. Upon walking in to room I realized I had a fireworks view! After over 12 trips to Disney, I feel like I have really missed out by not staying here.

ETA: sorry pic is sideways

Attachments

• 20211021_201526.jpg
    20211021_201526.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 39
I have not, Steve.
Last I heard was that the microwaves were gone, at least during the pandemic time. Not sure if they are back. As Steve suggested, a call to the S/D or the app should give current situation.

We saw the microwave next to the ice machine when we were there last week at the Swan. We didn't use it though.

Checked in the Dolphin yesterday. We managed to catch an earlier flight (gave us more hours on arrival day) and arrived at around 10:30am. I knew our standard, no view room would probably not be ready (it wasn’t), but they offered an upgrade to a resort view or balcony room that was ready now. I would typically never upgrade - room views are not really important to us - but the earlier flight had us departing out of Austin and not San Antonio, so we were up at 2am. It was worth the extra $$ to catch a nap before heading out to MK.

The room is lovely - #7151. Faces the Swan, overlooking the water. I have fallen in love with this resort and will probably never go back to a Disney resort! So thank you to everyone who contributes to this thread with all the latest info. I felt like I had the “lay of the land” upon arrival.

We saw the microwave next to the ice machine when we were there last week at the Swan. We didn't use it though.
Thanks for the update.
Checked in the Dolphin yesterday. We managed to catch an earlier flight (gave us more hours on arrival day) and arrived at around 10:30am. I knew our standard, no view room would probably not be ready (it wasn’t), but they offered an upgrade to a resort view or balcony room that was ready now. I would typically never upgrade - room views are not really important to us - but the earlier flight had us departing out of Austin and not San Antonio, so we were up at 2am. It was worth the extra $$ to catch a nap before heading out to MK.

The room is lovely - #7151. Faces the Swan, overlooking the water. I have fallen in love with this resort and will probably never go back to a Disney resort! So thank you to everyone who contributes to this thread with all the latest info. I felt like I had the “lay of the land” upon arrival.
View attachment 615364
Beautiful!

I linked my reservation in MDE, but I need to change the guests that I already linked. How can I edit the guests linked?

Hi- can I ask a question about transport from the Swan Reserve (travelling next April from the UK- international borders permitting....).
We will have a car - is it a real pain to drive from the Swan/Swan Reserve to MK and AK, rather than wait for the buses? (We have to pay or parking at the hotel anyway so I think parking at the parks is then free or have I got that wrong?) Is it a much longer walk after parking than if you get the buses?
Also- what is Lyft and how do you get it??!
Sorry- lots of questions but I'm the families planner and having had the last 4 planned trips cancelled I am keen to plan!
Lyft is a competitor to Uber. Sometimes Lyft is a bit less expensive, other times Uber is a bit less expensive. Drivers usually drive for both. It’s best to have both apps. You can drive to both and park for free. I don’t bother with a car anymore if I’m staying on property. Between the daily parking charge. The cost of rental cars, and the cost of gas, it’s actually cheaper to either use Disney/S/D/SR transport or Uber/Lyft. If you have a large party, or plan to spend a significant amount of time away from Disney, exploring the Orlando area (definitely go to Gatorland 😀😀😀), that may be different.

I have not, Steve.
To be precise, it’s 1.92 miles (including backtracking and getting turned around at both Polynesian and GF) and it took me 41 minutes (casually strolling, as I was in no hurry and had never seen the grounds of either resort anyway). 😊
As for Microwaves, I’m not sure, but I suspect if you call the front desk and ask, they may be able to send one to your room for use during your stay.

Lyft is a competitor to Uber. Sometimes Lyft is a bit less expensive, other times Uber is a bit less expensive. Drivers usually drive for both. It’s best to have both apps. You can drive to both and park for free. I don’t bother with a car anymore if I’m staying on property. Between the daily parking charge. The cost of rental cars, and the cost of gas, it’s actually cheaper to either use Disney/S/D/SR transport or Uber/Lyft. If you have a large party, or plan to spend a significant amount of time away from Disney, exploring the Orlando area (definitely go to Gatorland 😀😀😀), that may be different.

Thanks all- we're flying into Miami as it's way cheaper than flying into Orlando and doing a bit of a Florida tour! I priced up various options like hiring a car just to get us to Orlando and then another one when we're done but by far the cheapest way was pick up and drop off in Miami Beach even including all the parking charges!
Loving all the tips!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter