Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

Does anyone have a map of the Dolphin room numbers? It would be nice at check-in to know where your room assignment is before going all the way there and then maybe wanting to request a different location. I checked the first post, but I don’t see anything. Thanks if anyone has this! Or just a general idea of “these numbers are on this side” type info.
I have never seen a map of the room numbers at either the Swan or Dolphin.

And on the first post, almost all of the pictures and links that were there have to be redone as the S/D changed their website and all their url's along with it. That is a project for me in the future weeks/months.

I apologize if this is covered somewhere, but I haven't been able to find the answer.

I booked a package at Dolphin for next May through Disney and everything looks good in MDE. My question is, can I link the reservation to the Marriott Bonvoy app? The confirmation number from Disney obviously doesn't work.

Thanks in advance.

I ended up dropping Swan Reserve, once I read a review that said thin walls, I was like no thanks. :rotfl: :rotfl:

Still deciding between Dolphin and POR but I don't know that I can give up walking distance to two parks.

I was double charged for a night at the SR.
At first she told me if was correct and I knew it wasn’t. Then she noticed the double charge.
Watch your charges everyone!
They really need to get their act together over there.

I read somewhere that there is a way to check-in very early to our hotels even though we won't arrive until about 14h00. If we are able to this apparently it means that we can book LL$ as of 7h00 a.m. Anyone know how to do this with the Swan/Dolphin?

I read somewhere that there is a way to check-in very early to our hotels even though we won't arrive until about 14h00. If we are able to this apparently it means that we can book LL$ as of 7h00 a.m. Anyone know how to do this with the Swan/Dolphin?
Bonvoy app from marriot

Just to confirm something here: as a Swolphin guest I cannot make dining reservations past the 60 day window like I could if I was staying at a Disney-owned resort, correct? It's frustrating, I'm logged into my account and have my reservation linked, the system lets me search on the dates past the 60 day window but does not show any availability for any date past the 60 day window (currently January 17th. I can search on the remaining days of my stay that week, which I cannot do if I'm not logged in, but there are no openings.)

Just to confirm something here: as a Swolphin guest I cannot make dining reservations past the 60 day window like I could if I was staying at a Disney-owned resort, correct? It's frustrating, I'm logged into my account and have my reservation linked, the system lets me search on the dates past the 60 day window but does not show any availability for any date past the 60 day window (currently January 17th. I can search on the remaining days of my stay that week, which I cannot do if I'm not logged in, but there are no openings.)
You should be able to do 60+10 just like the Disney resorts. If the your dates are not greyed out in the calendar that means you're able to reserve. Finding availability is whole different problem. Good luck!

I booked a package at Dolphin for next May through Disney and everything looks good in MDE. My question is, can I link the reservation to the Marriott Bonvoy app? The confirmation number from Disney obviously doesn't work.
You may or may not earn points or nights, but at least you can use the Bonvoy App. You can try a couple of things, first head to this webpage and give it a try, then I'd try calling S/D direct see if they can look it up on their end and add your Bonvoy membership number.

All that said I'm not 100% you will get the credit as you didn't book through Marriott direct. Their rules for Non-Qualifying Rates states, "The guest room was booked through a tour operator, online travel channel or other third-party channel including, without limitation, expedia.com, hotwire.com, priceline.com, orbitz.com, booking.com, travelocity.com; or The guest room was booked at a tour operator, wholesaler, or crew room rate or package including, without limitation, Fam-Tastic® rates, Plan-Tastic® rates, travel industry rates and organized tours or package bookings; or..." You can find this info here in sections 2.1.d-f

When I stayed with the Costco package I didn't earn points but I did get nights credit, I gave them my # when I checked in.

Which resort are you staying at Swan, Dolphin or Reserve? All three should give you 60+10, though some have reported issues with reservations at the Reserve. Sadly Disney IT has been awful for months. If it's not working try calling or use the online chat with Disney.

Which resort are you staying at Swan, Dolphin or Reserve? All three should give you 60+10, though some have reported issues with reservations at the Reserve. Sadly Disney IT has been awful for months. If it's not working try calling or use the online chat with Disney.

It's the Reserve! Maybe that's my issue. Like I said I can search on all the days of my stay--the days are not greyed out--but nothing is bookable. It's weird, the search results don't say "no availability," rather all the results are in a single list like when you search and the quick service places that don't take reservations are at the bottom.

It's the Reserve! Maybe that's my issue. Like I said I can search on all the days of my stay--the days are not greyed out--but nothing is bookable. It's weird, the search results don't say "no availability," rather all the results are in a single list like when you search and the quick service places that don't take reservations are at the bottom.
It could truly be no availability that day, or a glitch. Still, when I search for dining in MDE, I see no availability (never listing quick service, in that view) most of the times I'm searching right now. The only place I see quick service listed is in the genie/my day suggestions. Never when searching for reservations.

It could truly be no availability that day, or a glitch. Still, when I search for dining in MDE, I see no availability (never listing quick service, in that view) most of the times I'm searching right now. The only place I see quick service listed is in the genie/my day suggestions. Never when searching for reservations.

I mean I think it's a glitch...usually the Boathouse has some openings, for example. But right now there are no open times from the 18th to the 22nd (the dates of my stay.)

I mean I think it's a glitch...usually the Boathouse has some openings, for example. But right now there are no open times from the 18th to the 22nd (the dates of my stay.)
You can use OpenTable for Boathouse - maybe check to see if there's availability in OT? Doesn't solve your issue but might be a clue to solving the glitch or availability question.

I'd start off and call SDR at 407-934-4000 ask for in-house reservations, explain your issue and see if they can help at all. I suggest that, since your next call is to Disney IT and that could be a few hours of wait, also try the online chat.

You can use OpenTable for Boathouse - maybe check to see if there's availability in OT? Doesn't solve your issue but might be a clue to solving the glitch or availability question.

Boathouse has plenty of openings for dinner on 1/18 on Opentable! Boathouse has nothing for dinner on 1/18 in MDE. Favoring the glitch explanation again...

Hello, we returned from the Reserve on 11/13. We were there from 11/6, two into their opening. I believe they did an EXCELLENT job! While the storage is limited, four drawers and a double door closet, the room is standard. No issues with thin wall for us and the hotel was booked at 96%. The staff were outstanding! We needed to make a room switch as the first room was accessible and we preferred a stand up shower. We were upgraded to a view and two queen beds without issue. Again, the staff were terrific! Always going out of their way and SO pleasant. The beds could sue a duvet, that is true. However, I used the text feature and had additional blankets immediately! And, they brought us a box fan too! I usually travel with a small one but forgot this time. The rooms were clean, the hallways were kept clean as I have seen trays sit out for an entire day at Swan. I have to be honest, the stay at the Reserve was far better than any time at the Swan or Dolphin, and we have had multiples. Please don't let the negative reviews sway you...it was a great stay!

How long is your trip. All the popular restos are booked at least 5 days past your first reservation date.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter