Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

I'm not sure. The problem doesn't seem to be one of capacity as most parks have availability. If parks were filling up every day and AP's couldn't find dates to attend, that might have more of an impact? It seems to me that they are pulling back Dolphin's availability based on lack of reservations more so than park capacity. With that said, I could just be misunderstanding and there could be a push for theme parks to be able to increase capacity.

I'm basically with you. If attendance has been below what they anticipated, why would they even NEED to raise capacity right now?

Hmm that would be cool but I definitely don’t think they should increase capacity! Epcot this past Sunday felt like a regular day and people were not distancing. Hollywood was busy with long waits pretty much all day bc of lack of stage shows to help with the crowds. AK could handle more people but then you couldn’t re-ride FoP over and over, bypassing the queue 😜
Yes! The lower capacity is just about the only selling point right now with offerings and park hours so limited!

Hmm that would be cool but I definitely don’t think they should increase capacity!
I'd love to go when its quiet, but Disney and the Cast Members need to see some increased capacity to get things back normal. We're not ready for full capacity but maybe park hoppers, getting rid of the park reservations and other restrictions will be enough for things like the Dolphin to reopen and CMs to get their jobs back.

I'd love to go when its quiet, but Disney and the Cast Members need to see some increased capacity to get things back normal. We're not ready for full capacity but maybe park hoppers, getting rid of the park reservations and other restrictions will be enough for things like the Dolphin to reopen and CMs to get their jobs back.
Yeah, I could see them opening up hopping to Epcot after, say, 4:00 or something. It was eerily empty during the weekdays. It was so strange how empty Via Napoli was - we were the only table in the patio wing. I definitely feel for those CMs still out of work and hope they can get back soon!

Hey @Ahabart thanks for the updates. It is very interesting that the Marriott reservation system has no availability after Saturday, Sept. 12 until Nov. 21 as @Ahabart indicated above this is not a positive development.

It looks like maybe the Dolphin winds down and closes after Labor Day week and no reopening until the Saturday before Thanksgiving week at this point.

Dave

I've got a reservation for the Dolphin Sept 20 - 23. If I get moved to the Swan I'll post an update.

An official announcement that theme parks can increase capacity might signal to more people that things are better and it's ok to visit again. You may or may not agree that things are getting better, and capacity may not need to be increased to meet current demands, but any announcement implying that things are improving would probably boost attendance.

Last edited:

Since its been a while for us.... is Swan and Dolphin taking Marriott gift cards for payment now? Last time I checked they still didn't

Since its been a while for us.... is Swan and Dolphin taking Marriott gift cards for payment now? Last time I checked they still didn't
Why not give them a call at 407-934-4000. I have not seen any recent posts or discussion about issues with Marriott GC acceptance.

Dave

We have a stay booked at the Dolphin for 9/26-9/30. We are considering adding 9/25 and when I looked 2 days ago, there were rooms available, but now it says nothing available for that date. If the rumors are true that the Dolphin might not be open during those dates, would they move us to the Swan? I’m worried now that our reservation could just be cancelled and we’d be SOL!

@Christi0909 same question came up a few pages back, my reply thought remains the same, "I don't think they would just up and cancel on you, they'd move - they'd want to retain all the guests they could." That said if you want to add another night, give them a direct call and talk to in-house reservations, don't call the Marriott call center. Dave006 posted the number above, 407-934-4000. You may be able to get a jump on things if they are, in fact, going to close the Dolphin back down.

@Christi0909 same question came up a few pages back, my reply thought remains the same, "I don't think they would just up and cancel on you, they'd move - they'd want to retain all the guests they could." That said if you want to add another night, give them a direct call and talk to in-house reservations, don't call the Marriott call center. Dave006 posted the number above, 407-934-4000. You may be able to get a jump on things if they are, in fact, going to close the Dolphin back down.

Thank you so much for the info, we will do that!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter