• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

In 2018 (the last time we needed the suite) the per night price was $460.75 w/o tax or fees.

In 2021 the per night price was $541.00 w/o taxes or fees. This was booked in June for our November trip...I checked regularly for any reductions.

Not sure if we would do it again rather than just getting two rooms.

We really liked having a dining room, living room and the entire wall of windows...sigh...and knowing for sure that your rooms will be connected.

Tough call.
Good luck.
I really like that larger room as well. Seems like I was able to use the space better than I initially thought I would.

We were down in Disney last week. Just FYI ... the S/D/SR aren't nearly as accommodating with food allergies as they used to be. I assume it's from covid/staffing issues so I'm not really mad at them about it, but it's almost impossible to get any real take out food that's GF except for prepackaged stuff and fruit. Java told me I could order GF breakfast or lunch sandwiches but I had to do it at least 24 hours in advance, which is really impractical. The Boardwalk bakery was accommodating and prepared to make any sandwich to order GF.

I'm supposed to be going with a large extended group in April with 5 celiacs in the group. I don't think Swan will work for us anymore, but Disney's prices are ridiculous. I'm not sure what we're going to do. :(

Does the Reserve have it's own bus stop? I know for the Friendship boats you have to walk to the Swan/Dolphin but was wondering about the buses.

Has anyone had any issues with making LL reservations at 7am? I’m checking into the Swan tonight and I’ve linked my MDE. Just hoping I don’t run into any issues!!

Does the Reserve have it's own bus stop? I know for the Friendship boats you have to walk to the Swan/Dolphin but was wondering about the buses.
Yes, back on November 8th I sent them a text asking about the bus situation, here was their reply, "Buses are available at the Reserve for Magic, Animal, and Disney Springs. Boats can be accessed from the Swan/Dolphin Boat Dock."

We were down in Disney last week. Just FYI ... the S/D/SR aren't nearly as accommodating with food allergies as they used to be. I assume it's from covid/staffing issues so I'm not really mad at them about it, but it's almost impossible to get any real take out food that's GF except for prepackaged stuff and fruit. Java told me I could order GF breakfast or lunch sandwiches but I had to do it at least 24 hours in advance, which is really impractical. The Boardwalk bakery was accommodating and prepared to make any sandwich to order GF.

I'm supposed to be going with a large extended group in April with 5 celiacs in the group. I don't think Swan will work for us anymore, but Disney's prices are ridiculous. I'm not sure what we're going to do. :(
We are staying at the Swan for the first time next week and I have celiac. This is an invaluable post for me, so thank you! I will definitely plan accordingly!

I tried searching and looking at FAQs, apologize if I missed the information/post.

Do Swan/Dolphin guest have the ability to book +10 dining reservations? I fear that is not the case. Thanks!

I just wanted to come here and let everyone know we check into the Swan Reserve on the 20th and I will make sure and let you all know my detailed thoughts on our room/check in. There's only a few online reviews and I kept hoping to get a "disboards" personalized review. We will be there for 6 nights over thanksgiving week and will be in an Epcot view 2 queen room. If there's anything in particular you would like to know, just ask! *** I will add I had no problem adding my reservation # to MDE. Worked perfectly!

I just wanted to come here and let everyone know we check into the Swan Reserve on the 20th and I will make sure and let you all know my detailed thoughts on our room/check in. There's only a few online reviews and I kept hoping to get a "disboards" personalized review. We will be there for 6 nights over thanksgiving week and will be in an Epcot view 2 queen room. If there's anything in particular you would like to know, just ask! *** I will add I had no problem adding my reservation # to MDE. Worked perfectly!
I am worried about the blanket and bed situation. The dolphin had great bed and lots of nice blankets but the SR looked like thin sheets. Also if you get a stand shower or tub combo. :D enjoy your stay!

I tried searching and looking at FAQs, apologize if I missed the information/post.

Do Swan/Dolphin guest have the ability to book +10 dining reservations? I fear that is not the case. Thanks!
Yes, you get the 60+10 for ADRs as well as treated like a Deluxe resort for extra evening hours.

I am worried about the blanket and bed situation. The dolphin had great bed and lots of nice blankets but the SR looked like thin sheets. Also if you get a stand shower or tub combo. :D enjoy your stay!
So I'm kind of a "freak" when it comes to hotel rooms. I clorox wipe and lysol down the room as soon as I walk in, I travel a ton for work so this is a routine long before covid was around. Since I have status on Alaska and get free checked bags, I always pack a suitcase that has a king fitted bed sheet, blanket and pillowcases. So I know we will be fine there! I will however check it all out for you and let you know!

I've recently read somewhere here on the DIS (but can't find it) that the Swan/Dolphin/Reserve do not use Disney buses and therefore drop off at 3rd party spots. We have a single night here before an upcoming stay at Disney. Can anyone tell me where the bus drops off at Disney Springs? THANKS!

@BridgetR3 yes S/D uses Mears at this time, and has been doing so pretty much since fall of 2020. The location information is kept up to date in the SwanDolphin Mobile App. Basically for MK it drops you off at TTC, and for AK it will drop you off in spaces 3 & 4 (last I checked). This question comes up often so I'll link to a post from October with some additional info.

I've recently read somewhere here on the DIS (but can't find it) that the Swan/Dolphin/Reserve do not use Disney buses and therefore drop off at 3rd party spots. We have a single night here before an upcoming stay at Disney. Can anyone tell me where the bus drops off at Disney Springs? THANKS!
West side bus loop for Disney springs. Red is where Disney transport drops off green is around where s/d drops off.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211117-075224.png
    Screenshot_20211117-075224.png
    543.2 KB · Views: 48
Since I had a million questions prior to my trip I thought I would post a Swan Reserve review.
I am not a fussy person and the issues I will list were very trivial at the time but they all added up to not good.
First of all, the hotel is gorgeous. Very clean and pretty. The front desk staff were very nice. The bathroom was large and the rainforest shower head was awesome. We had food at the quick service coffee place and it was delicious and they had many varieties of specialty coffee that we tried.
Now for the bad(sorry the list is long)....
I think there are a lot of kinks to be worked out with housekeeping. I had to fetch a lot of my own stuff as nothing was replenished. I got fresh towels but dirty ones were left on the floor. We had to get our own soap off of a cart. Coffee cups were replenished but coffee was not restocked. I asked for a packet with sugar in the hallway and was told that sugar was in short supply.
For an Autograph Collection hotel I should not have to take care of my own room.
Room was small, walls were thin, storage was lacking.
Bed and bedding were very average.(not as good as Swolphin bedding by any means)
The walk over there from the boat was just a little further than the Swolphin but it seemed far when you were tired at the end of a long park day.
When I asked about the bus situation to Animal Kingdom I was told I was better off going to the Beach Club to catch a Disney Bus on a more reliable schedule.
I wanted to really love this hotel but I won't be staying again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter