Warning! New FP Limits for Passholders with Multiple Stays - NOT Split Stays: READ Post #484

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hear you!!

Have you called, kwdw? What have they said?
I called last night - and a person booked me some FP's on my one day before my longer family trip. But she couldn't say if I would be able to change them on my own - and I admit - I haven't tried yet. So - I got some help - but this is so basic of logic - I'm just shocked it's not working. I was chatting about with a computer programmer last night - and he just laughed because in his mind - it's clearly not complicated.

Well I guess I am apart of this super confusing issue :crazy2: I have a trip booked April 28th-May 4th and June 2nd-9th, both are Disney resort stays. I am an Annual Passholder. When I went to make our Fastpasses for the June trip yesterday, the system is telling me I have reached my FP+ limit (I guess due to the April trip). Last year, I took 4 trips - 2 were in the month of May, one at the end of October, and one at the beginning of December and I never had this issue with FPs (and I had an AP then too).

I called the internet help desk and she told me that the 7 day limit applies for AP holders regardless if the stay is on-site :sad2: When I said, "well wouldn't it benefit me more to just have a normal ticket rather than an AP," she replied that the 7 day limit applies for normal ticket holders too :confused3 .... which I'm pretty sure is not true.

So.... what do I do? The April trip is with my husband and the June trip with my parents. I don't want to make FPs for my parents and then hope I can add myself after April :confused:

Well I guess I am apart of this super confusing issue :crazy2: I have a trip booked April 28th-May 4th and June 2nd-9th, both are Disney resort stays. I am an Annual Passholder. When I went to make our Fastpasses for the June trip yesterday, the system is telling me I have reached my FP+ limit (I guess due to the April trip). Last year, I took 4 trips - 2 were in the month of May, one at the end of October, and one at the beginning of December and I never had this issue with FPs (and I had an AP then too).

I called the internet help desk and she told me that the 7 day limit applies for AP holders regardless if the stay is on-site :sad2: When I said, "well wouldn't it benefit me more to just have a normal ticket rather than an AP," she replied that the 7 day limit applies for normal ticket holders too :confused3 .... which I'm pretty sure is not true.

So.... what do I do? The April trip is with my husband and the June trip with my parents. I don't want to make FPs for my parents and then hope I can add myself after April :confused:

Call the VIPassholder Support line...they can book the extra FPs, or so I've read here.

Call the AP line if you don't get anywhere with the help desk. I would book for your parents and it they aren't helpful in adding yours to match their fp, try to book them after you use up your ones from the late April trip. Ridiculous.

I called last night - and a person booked me some FP's on my one day before my longer family trip. But she couldn't say if I would be able to change them on my own - and I admit - I haven't tried yet. So - I got some help - but this is so basic of logic - I'm just shocked it's not working. I was chatting about with a computer programmer last night - and he just laughed because in his mind - it's clearly not complicated.

The ones they have booked for me are the non-modifiable ones. It's better to have those than nothing though.

Call the AP line if you don't get anywhere with the help desk. I would book for your parents and it they aren't helpful in adding yours to match their fp, try to book them after you use up your ones from the late April trip. Ridiculous.

Is this the right number for the passholder line? (407) 939-7277. And am I right in thinking that I should be able to make Fastpasses for the entire length of both trips? I’d hate to argue the issue and be wrong lol

Is this the right number for the passholder line? (407) 939-7277. And am I right in thinking that I should be able to make Fastpasses for the entire length of both trips? I’d hate to argue the issue and be wrong lol
The number they sent me a few weeks ago when I was inquiring about split stays was 407-560-7277, but I think the number you have works too. They did tell me to call if I ran into difficulties. And yes, you are supposed to be able to book for both stays and up to 14 days for each stay (if they were that long).

Yes, that is the right number.

At first, I was getting lucky and had CMs making me FP, but the last two times I called they wouldn't do that. Told me to just make more as I used them. I had a LOT of weekend trips, though.

Personally, I feel you should be able to make as many FP as days you are on site if you have the correct ticket media. I've found what I believe it's always what is happening though.

Yes, that is the right number.

At first, I was getting lucky and had CMs making me FP, but the last two times I called they wouldn't do that. Told me to just make more as I used them. I had a LOT of weekend trips, though.

Personally, I feel you should be able to make as many FP as days you are on site if you have the correct ticket media. I've found what I believe it's always what is happening though.
Well, that is not good news if they won't make them for you anymore. I guess if they don't fix the FP system and the AP line won't make FPs for us anymore I will have to think about ditching the AP and making fewer trips or make sure they are only 7 days long and space them out by 60 days.

I'm gorging myself on Disney. We went every weekend in March. I really, really love going. Always have for almost 40 years now. I still really love going, even though my rope drop commando style has had to adapt to being a local. I am happy to adjust my plans and how I make FP to whatever rules Disney decides on, but I can no long justify the hotel prices when I lose a benefit as key as making FP.

Well, that is not good news if they won't make them for you anymore. I guess if they don't fix the FP system and the AP line won't make FPs for us anymore I will have to think about ditching the AP and making fewer trips or make sure they are only 7 days long and space them out by 60 days.

Honestly, I hope others can still make them. Unfortunately, I hit a wall with the last two I called. Sometimes, I feel like Elaine on Seinfeld when she just wanted her medical chart...What have they written in there about me?? Every time I call, the CM sits quietly reading all the past notes from the other calls. Once, the CM said straight away that he would get the escalation team.

What I don't get is that the rule is specifically mentioned here:

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/faq/passholders/reserving-fast-pass-plus/

Annual Passholders can make FastPass+ selections up to 30 days in advance. Secure up to 3 FastPass+ selections for one park per day, for up to 7 days. If plans change, it’s easy to update or cancel your selections, subject to availability.

Passholders with reservations at a Walt Disney World Resort hotel can start making FastPass+ selections as early as 60 days prior to the check-in date―and can secure FastPass+ selections for the length of stay or up to 7 days. Please note that if your length of stay is longer than two weeks, FastPass+ selections can be made for up to 14 days.
---------------

That reads to me that on-site stays for AP users can have up to 14 days of FPs. End of story.

I'm gorging myself on Disney. We went every weekend in March. I really, really love going. Always have for almost 40 years now. I still really love going, even though my rope drop commando style has had to adapt to being a local. I am happy to adjust my plans and how I make FP to whatever rules Disney decides on, but I can no long justify the hotel prices when I lose a benefit as key as making FP.

We come from VA so can't just show up on weekends unfortunately. We went for the first time ever in the middle of October and then have been back for Vet's Day Weekend, Thanksgiving, Christmas/News Years, MLK Weekend, and Presidents Weekend. We have trips planned for next weekend, 2 weeks in June, a week in August, a long weekend at the end of September, Vet's Day Weekend, Thanksgiving, and Christmas/New Years.

Most of those are high-crowd times and if we can't make FPs at the 60 day mark with our hotel stays it's gonna be very frustrating.

We come from VA so can't just show up on weekends unfortunately. We went for the first time ever in the middle of October and then have been back for Vet's Day Weekend, Thanksgiving, Christmas/News Years, MLK Weekend, and Presidents Weekend. We have trips planned for next weekend, 2 weeks in June, a week in August, a long weekend at the end of September, Vet's Day Weekend, Thanksgiving, and Christmas/New Years.

Most of those are high-crowd times and if we can't make FPs at the 60 day mark with our hotel stays it's gonna be very frustrating.

That's an awesome amount of trips. They need to get this resolved. And, really, I do think they will. Just when and what the solution will be is the question. There are more and more people who this is affecting.

We used to live outside of DC. Only came down once a year when we were that far. you must have really drank the Disney Kool Aid to make that trek so much! Good for you! It's still an awesome fun place for me (and the kids)...just need to get the issues resolved.

That's an awesome amount of trips. They need to get this resolved. And, really, I do think they will. Just when and what the solution will be is the question. There are more and more people who this is affecting.

We used to live outside of DC. Only came down once a year when we were that far. you must have really drank the Disney Kool Aid to make that trek so much! Good for you! It's still an awesome fun place for me (and the kids)...just need to get the issues resolved.

Yep, the kool aid we did drink. It's the one place we've found that we both stop thinking about work and just enjoy ourselves. Anyway, back to the topic. Let's hope they do get this fixed.

Well when I found this thread I skimmed through and saw the email for George Kalogridis posted by @hiroMYhero (thanks by the way!). So I sent an email basically saying how it doesn’t benefit me to stay onsite with an AP if I’m going to be limited to 7 days of FP regardless etc. I just received a call from Darlene at George Kalogridis’ office and she is going to (hopefully) add me to all of the Fastpasses I have made for my parents in June :banana:

MDE is being glitchy on their end as well, so she said it might be tomorrow before she gets back in touch with me because she might have to get help from the internet help desk.

She was super nice and even threw in a couple of extra Fastpasses for the ride of my choice on some of the days (as long as there was availability). Seeing as though I’m pregnant, I’m not going for the popular rides (See you on It’s A Small World :rotfl:)

I have a 10 day off-site trip scheduled for end of August. This will be my first trip in 9 years and I have trying to read up on all the new changes since my last visit, but it's been overwhelming!

Up until yesterday when they announced the food & wine dates I was only planning on buying 10 day park hopper tickets. With food & wine running later in November I might be able to swing a 2nd shorter trip.

After crunching the numbers last night it definitely seemed more cost effective to to go the AP route. Now today I have been reading this thread and thinking it may not be as beneficial as I first thought if I can only book 7 days of fast passes.

If I am understanding correctly, going the AP route I would only be able to book 7 days of FP 30 days out. Is it accurate that once I use the first day of fast passes I could then book the 8th day? Or am I locked out of booking anymore since I have used my 7 day allotment in 30 days?

What if I were to only buy the 10 day passes, book all my FP 30 days out, and then upgrade to an AP once I got to the park? Would they remove the remaining 3 days of FP from my account or prevent me from modifying them?

Sorry for all the questions I just feel totally out of the loop and trying to make sure my August trip is magical and not stress about FP (especially being there during SWGE opening which I was hoping to avoid).

Last edited:
I have a 10 day off-site trip scheduled for end of August. This will be my first trip in 9 years and I have trying to read up on all the new changes since my last visit, but it's been overwhelming!

Up until yesterday when they announced the food & wine dates I was only planning on buying 10 day park hopper tickets. Will the food & wine running later in November I might be able to swing a 2nd shorter trip.

After crunching the numbers last night it definitely seemed more cost effective to to go the AP route. Now today I have been reading this thread and thinking it may not be as beneficial as I first thought if I can only book 7 days of fast passes.

If I am understanding correctly, going the AP route I would only be able to book 7 days of FP 30 days out. Is it accurate that once I use the first day of fast passes I could then book the 8th day? Or am I locked out of booking anymore since I have used my 7 day allotment in 30 days?

What if I were to only buy the 10 day passes, book all my FP 30 days out, and then upgrade to an AP once I got to the park? Would they remove the remaining 3 days of FP from my account or prevent me from modifying them?

Sorry for all the questions I just feel totally out of the loop and trying to make sure my August trip is magical and not stress about FP (especially being there during SWGE opening which I was hoping to avoid).

I think, and again, this is just what I think and from what I've seen when asking around. If your trips are further than 60 days apart you would be ok with FP as an Annual Pass member. The problem is occurring when trips are booked less than 60 days apart.

Edit: I missed that it was an off-site stay. So, yes you would run into the 7 day limit.

Last edited:

Up until yesterday when they announced the food & wine dates I was only planning on buying 10 day park hopper tickets. With food & wine running later in November I might be able to swing a 2nd shorter trip.

Offsite stay, so an AP gets a maximum of 7 days of FPs booked at 30 days from each day. That’s for sure, and has been the case for quite a while. (The new glitch is that having multiple onsite stays seem to be causing APs to run up against those limits too, but you do get to book at the 60 day mark instead.)

I think, but I don’t know for sure, that a regular 10 day ticket with an offsite stay would get 10 days of FP booked at 30 days from each day.

I would get the 10-day ticket and then upgrade to the AP. I seem to remember reading that your FPs will stay put, but if you’re worried wait a couple days to do the upgrade. You would miss out on the AP discounts for those first couple days, so save any big purchases until after you upgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter