Warning! New FP Limits for Passholders with Multiple Stays - NOT Split Stays: READ Post #484

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am so frustrated now. have a stay in April/may with 9 days of fast passes. today is my booking day for a trip in June. no fast passes because I have more than 7 for the April
/may stay. I called the passholder line and they were less than helpful and admitted than if you buy your tickets you can make as many as you want but annual passholders are a whole different ballgame. even if there is a limit, IMO I should be able to make at least 5 more days for the 14 days length of stay but the people on the phone keep insisting you can only have 7 days worth. Disney really needs to get their act together unless they are trying to make us all mad enough that we quit coming. Sad, since we always stay on site even though we are only 90 minutes away. Might have to find another hobby

I am so frustrated now. have a stay in April/may with 9 days of fast passes. today is my booking day for a trip in June. no fast passes because I have more than 7 for the April
/may stay. I called the passholder line and they were less than helpful and admitted than if you buy your tickets you can make as many as you want but annual passholders are a whole different ballgame. even if there is a limit, IMO I should be able to make at least 5 more days for the 14 days length of stay but the people on the phone keep insisting you can only have 7 days worth. Disney really needs to get their act together unless they are trying to make us all mad enough that we quit coming. Sad, since we always stay on site even though we are only 90 minutes away. Might have to find another hobby
I actually quit going in late October/early November each year because it messed up getting the FP's I needed during my annual early/mid December trip. Yep, they lost money from me because of the policy.

I actually quit going in late October/early November each year because it messed up getting the FP's I needed during my annual early/mid December trip. Yep, they lost money from me because of the policy.

As I said earlier, unless this gets fixed (I still think it's an IT bug and not really a policy) we may re-think our shorter stays or start staying off-site when we drive down.

As I said earlier, unless this gets fixed (I still think it's an IT bug and not really a policy) we may re-think our shorter stays or start staying off-site when we drive down.
This has been the rule for quite a while. The only option you have is to make a FP for the distant reservation as you use up each day's FP on the earlier one.

Not with on site stays. You were able to make them for the length of the stay at 60 days out regardless of number of stays.
I did fail to mention that my November trip was always off site and my December stay was at Pop each year so I have been comparing apples to oranges. Oops.
Sorry you are presently being short changed on your FP's.

1. What hotels are you staying at?
2. Did your FP window open for your trip and it told you you were over the FP limit? Or did your FP window not even open?

for Vinotinto sorry can't figure out how to quote. figured it out to late. anyway

I am staying at FW April 27 to May 10, i have 9 days of fastpass booked. today was 60 days out for our June 5 to 11 stay at the Yacht club. the window didn't even open. i can't see past may 10. when i called, i was told 7 days not length of stay and length of stay was only for the one visit not multiple ones.

Last edited:
for Vinotinto sorry can't figure out how to quote. figured it out to late. anyway

I am staying at FW April 27 to May 10, i have 9 days of fastpass booked. today was 60 days out for our June 5 to 11 stay at the Yacht club. the window didn't even open. i can't see past may 10. when i called, i was told 7 days not length of stay and length of stay was only for the one visit not multiple ones.
You and I have the exact same problem. Try calling the Passholder line and see if they make FPs for you. They are not modifiable, which is a bit of a bummer, but at least you’ll have FPs.

I’m onsite now, but once I’m home I will be crafting a polite, but firm email explaining that onsite passholders are being negatively impacted by all the recent changes to the FP system.

You and I have the exact same problem. Try calling the Passholder line and see if they make FPs for you. They are not modifiable, which is a bit of a bummer, but at least you’ll have FPs.

I’m onsite now, but once I’m home I will be crafting a polite, but firm email explaining that onsite passholders are being negatively impacted by all the recent changes to the FP system.
It really shouldn't be that difficult (assuming it isn't intentional).....just program it so that "if onsite stay = true then AP gets to make FP for 60 + length of stay days else AP gets to make FP at 30 days with 7 day limit".

I tried that twice because i ran into this when i had a stay in March at the CR for two nights. they will not work with me just kept saying 7 days only not even length of stay. the CM today seemed very unapologetic, almost like she was tired of hearing about it, so i just said good bye. she even admitted that if i had regular tickets for each stay, i would not have this problem it is only PH. i have already started an email but wanted to take a day to calm down.

I did talk to someone at DSS for our June stay YC CL. she was willing to help me book the paid for fastpasses. I said sorry not worth it and would still be aggravated and even more so because i would be out at least $300.

this must be a problem that arose when they started canceling fastpasses for those canceling resort stays as that seems to be when it became a problem for people. last year we never encountered this at all when staying on site and we went once a month for at least 3 to 5 days each time. it is more annoying than troublesome for us but still, at least, follow the rules you publish, Disney.

this must be a problem that arose when they started canceling fastpasses for those canceling resort stays as that seems to be when it became a problem for people. last year we never encountered this at all when staying on site and we went once a month for at least 3 to 5 days each time. it is more annoying than troublesome for us but still, at least, follow the rules you publish, Disney.
It started after that actually. It started in the last couple of weeks after they closed a loophole that was actually allowing some to book at 74 days out. When they first fixed the system for the cancellations it worked fine for Passholders.

It started after that actually. It started in the last couple of weeks after they closed a loophole that was actually allowing some to book at 74 days out. When they first fixed the system for the cancellations it worked fine for Passholders.

i wonder if it a snowball effect. fix one problem and it creates another and so forth. until they realize there is a problem it won't get fixed and the front line CM are getting the grief and so people are simply being told 7 days worth for AP without passing the complaints up. that is where the letters and emails come in as there is a chain of paperwork to be answered for. I had heard about people booking that far out. the system sure is a mess if it doesn't work right for everyone.

Jumping in with my own question if I can: I made FPs for my whole family for a trip coming up in May and now I’m thinking of upgrading my ticket to an AP. Will my FPs stay as they are now and not be affected by turning that ticket into an AP?

Jumping in with my own question if I can: I made FPs for my whole family for a trip coming up in May and now I’m thinking of upgrading my ticket to an AP. Will my FPs stay as they are now and not be affected by turning that ticket into an AP?
They will stay.

I’m dvc and usually issue complaints via member services. Does someone have an email address that I can use for this complaint? We have a November trip planned and a Christmas trip planned. This is going to royally screw up my Christmas trip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter