Warning! New FP Limits for Passholders with Multiple Stays - NOT Split Stays: READ Post #484

Status
Not open for further replies.
So it is sounding like perhaps an update in the last week or so has messed up AP stayers ability to get to beyond 30 days in the calendar, regardless of if they have a stay or not.
Without a stay, APers can only see 30 days. The change that has happened very recently is that even with an onsite stay APers cannot see their future stay that is within 60 days, *if* they have a previous stay or previous FPs booked (not clear right now to me if it’s one or both; if it’s only if you already have 7 days of FPs or any number of days).

And my understanding is that DS hotels have always caused issues, because while they have some benefits, such as 60-day FP, they are not Disney-owned and are not considered Disney hotels. For example, packages with dining cannot be added.

I can see my Boardwalk stay Memorial weekend with one day of fp booked. Couldn't book more because I was at 7.

I cannot see my DS stays (May 10 weekend, already have fp booked and May 18 no fp).

I was just curious if those who were having issues can now see their May stays now that the 30 day FP period goes to May 1.

Currently, I hold 7 days of FP and 1 day of IT made FP. I have 6 potential days that could have FP associated with them. ALL of site, but a mix of SOG, Disney hotel, and DS. I had been holding 6 with a day in reserve to make some last minute, if necessary, but after this weekend's "experiment" (see: doomsday thread), I was willing to book all 7 with the hopes that IT would help me with the remaining 6 days JUST so I could have SOMETHING in case there were any more "updates". (I was in HS/Epcot on Sunday and VERY unsuccessful in getting anything. I was there Saturday too and mainly experienced the random time switches and not available messages.) So I called the AP line today to see if they would help me with some more FP, but I got a CM who held fast to the 7 day "with no interruptions between stays" statement. It seems they are getting firmer about enforcing the split stay rule. Please note, my stays are really weekend long trips and not true split stays where we switch hotels.

If things are back to normal, I'm okay (not estatic) with only having 6 or 7 when I have more onsite days, but can make it work. It still doesn't address the issue of the 7 day limit versus ability to make fp for on site stays. Not having this benefit changes my future booking plans.

I am going in July, staying onsite the 20-27 so can make FP on May 21. I am also planning to take one of the kids the week before for 1 day while the others are occupied elsewhere. I know I have to wait until 30 days before because I will not have a resort res, but will it cause any issues with the previously booked FP (made for the 20-27)?

will it cause any issues with the previously booked FP (made for the 20-27)?
Your pre-booked July FPs will be fine and will max you out at 7.

You won’t be able to book for that 1 day in July unless you delete 1 of your 7 days of FPs and then rebook after your one day visit ends.

This is not good news for me. I have 20 days onsite booked for mid-August thru mid-September. And yes, that’s overlapping Star Wars Land opening. I need to be able to get everything as early out as possible. Looks like the first ride I’ll be riding for that second trip is the struggle bus.

I am holding out hope that this is not going to be like this forever. I really think they are going to come up with a better solution. I don't know what that really looks like or even what my ideal would be. I know if given free reign, locals (myself included), would be scooping up FoP, SDD and others quick as can be. There has to be a happy medium somewhere that maintains the benefits of staying on site while not "punishing" the passholders with the 7 day limit.

This is not good news for me. I have 20 days onsite booked for mid-August thru mid-September. And yes, that’s overlapping Star Wars Land opening. I need to be able to get everything as early out as possible. Looks like the first ride I’ll be riding for that second trip is the struggle bus.
If it is one continuous stay you should be fine, if it is a series of stays then you may run into issues (based upon this thread). We are going the last 2 weeks of June and again in early August. I expect booking for June will be ok for us to grab 14 days worth since it is all at CBR, but I suspect we will have issues booking for August in early June.

Edit: Just noticed you mentioned a "second" trip. So, unless IT fixes whatever this issue is you will likely have a problem booking the FPs on your own. If we have issues booking for August in early June I will probably call the AP line and enlist their help.

I am holding out hope that this is not going to be like this forever. I really think they are going to come up with a better solution. I don't know what that really looks like or even what my ideal would be. I know if given free reign, locals (myself included), would be scooping up FoP, SDD and others quick as can be. There has to be a happy medium somewhere that maintains the benefits of staying on site while not "punishing" the passholders with the 7 day limit.
I don't think the intention is to punish locals or AP holders. I think it is simply bad programming by Disney IT where some IF or THEN statements are not done correctly. As in, somewhere 2 stays w/in 60 days is triggering the 7 day FP limit.

It would be in Disney's best interests to encourage AP holders to stay on site as it would make them more money.

I don't think the intention is to punish locals or AP holders. I think it is simply bad programming by Disney IT where some IF or THEN statements are not done correctly. As in, somewhere 2 stays w/in 60 days is triggering the 7 day FP limit.

It would be in Disney's best interests to encourage AP holders to stay on site as it would make them more money.

I use punish loosely...

I highly agree it is in Disney's best interst! With 4 kids, we are already not fitting into rooms and exploring other options. As emh starts to not become as magical for us, that is another lost benefit. (I am a huge fan of emh, especially AM, but I see the writing on the wall with my family.) Removing the ability to make more than 7 days of FP is another defeating punch. I would think they have already got my ticket money, they would want my hotel money as well.

I was just curious if those who were having issues can now see their May stays now that the 30 day FP period goes to May 1.

Nope. May 1st is the last day available. My onsite stay (YC) goes from May 17-20 but those dates are greyed out.

IM an AP holder. Off site stay in Aug...On site stay in Oct, NOT 60 days apart. Will i be able to have my 7 days of FP in aug then book more FP for Oct because it is On site?

IM an AP holder. Off site stay in Aug...On site stay in Oct, NOT 60 days apart. Will i be able to have my 7 days of FP in aug then book more FP for Oct because it is On site?
Nope. Any FP booked without a stay will automatically “enact” the 7 day rule. So if you have 7 days you won’t be able to get any in Oct.

Once you’ve used one day in August you can book your first day in Oct and so on.

Nope. May 1st is the last day available. My onsite stay (YC) goes from May 17-20 but those dates are greyed out.
Dumb question, and maybe it’s already been asked. Does your YC stay show up in MDE? It really sounds like it just isn’t being registered as a stay by the FP system vs the 7 day FP rule.

My 60 day window was supposed to open today. I have a split stay beginning May 31st and the calendar was not open to book fast passes. I called AP vip services and the CM was very helpful and booked all of my fast passes. I told him I would be calling back on Thursday to book the second part of my stay. He corrected me and stated that he could book all the fast passes because my split stay was continuous and was not over 14 days.

Finally, someone who knows the AP guidelines :dogdance:

My 60 day window was supposed to open today. I have a split stay beginning May 31st and the calendar was not open to book fast passes. I called AP vip services and the CM was very helpful and booked all of my fast passes. I told him I would be calling back on Thursday to book the second part of my stay. He corrected me and stated that he could book all the fast passes because my split stay was continuous and was not over 14 days.

Do you have any other stays between now and then? Not understanding why the period is not opening up for some people

Same here.

Are the FPs he booked for you modifiable?

So, it’s definitely not a glitch, nor an issue with just SOG/DS hotels. I can definitely see my May 24 BWI reservation on MDE and the CM confirmed it all looked good and everything was linked. You are now the third APer (along with me and Bookbabe26) with only onsite stays whose window has not opened.

I am today holding 7 days of FPs that I booked. After I use tomorrow’s FPs, I’ll have 6. Do you think my window will finally open? Or will it remain close until 30 days? Or will I need to go to the end of this trip?

Dumb question, and maybe it’s already been asked. Does your YC stay show up in MDE? It really sounds like it just isn’t being registered as a stay by the FP system vs the 7 day FP rule.

Yup. April is a split (1 night at ASMU/3 at YC) and May is 3 nights at YC only. All show up properly in MDE, so does a September ASMu/YC one. No offsite days, no CL FP, no tours, nada.

The IT person claimed that I could no longer see my May stay because I now have 7 days of FP (4 in April, 3 in May). However, that suggests that the AP 7 day rule now also applies to onsite trips, and even though you have more onsite days you’re penalized for being an AP holder by not being able to book for all days of your stay. She didn’t have an explanation for why I’m no longer able to modify May FP for the already booked days (no problem modifying April days, though).

So, it’s definitely not a glitch, nor an issue with just SOG/DS hotels. I can definitely see my May 24 BWI reservation on MDE and the CM confirmed it all looked good and everything was linked. You are now the third APer (along with me and Bookbabe26) with only onsite stays whose window has not opened.

I am today holding 7 days of FPs that I booked. After I use tomorrow’s FPs, I’ll have 6. Do you think my window will finally open? Or will it remain close until 30 days? Or will I need to go to the end of this trip?

I am thinking you are onto something here. I don't think it's a distinction between DS hotels and regular Disney hotels. I think it has to do with holding 7 days of fp.

I have a stay May 10-12 at Hilton Palace. Was able to book FP before this mess started. This stay still shows up in MDE, but is grayed out on the FP selection calendar. These days are currently FP#4 and 5. (Half my family holds FP for one day. I am maxed out.)
I have another stay May 18-19 at the B. This has no FP, shows up in MDE, but is grayed out in the selection calendar. It was blue until about a week ago when all this started. IF I had available fp (not at the 7), I could have made them. But not now since it won't let me select it.
I have BWI Memorial weekend with a night before at Best Western (wanted to take full advantage of club level and not check in till next day). That Best Western day is not clickable, but the BWI are and I have made FP for Memorial day only. I *think* it is blue because it holds a FP for ONE day of the stay. (But if this is true, why is the Hilton Palace not blue?? Uggghhh!!)

IT is looking into it for me. I'll probably call back tomorrow because the other thing I have to do is clean the bathrooms. :rotfl2:

And no, after I used up some to drop below 7, my window did not pop open for those May stays.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter