• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Was the Disney Decade a success?

DisDuck

Backup Driver to Car#1
Sorry BobO from my signature I could not pass up your 'jab'. Conscientous Objector has a long history in this country. All the way back to the Revolution. You can disagree with his 'politics' but calling him a coward is a low blow and the referee might disqualify you.

Now back to the Main Event.. lets get ready to rrrrrumble.

No ali was a coward!!!!!!!!!
So he cant defend his country and serve his country but its ok for him to beat people senseless, does that make any sense at all.
Only if we dont think and believe what ever we are told! So his religious beliefs allow him to beat people close to death or possibly kill somebody in the ring but not serve his country that allowed him to be rich and famous?? Sorry about the off topic aspect but i couldnt resist.

Originally posted by Bob O
No ali was a coward!!!!!!!!!
So he cant defend his country and serve his country but its ok for him to beat people senseless, does that make any sense at all.
Only if we dont think and believe what ever we are told! So his religious beliefs allow him to beat people close to death or possibly kill somebody in the ring but not serve his country that allowed him to be rich and famous?? Sorry about the off topic aspect but i couldnt resist.

I agree 100% .

"Conscientous Objector" that is a long list of cowards, thieves, leeches who cheated and demeaned every man woman and child that died defending this country and that coward.

Apparently ali never read Thomas Jefferson "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants".

Apparently Quakers are cowards along with several other Christian sects in this country who will not serve.

It is better to just stick to WDW/DL here on this board and leave pacificism to the Debate Board.

If i thought he was a paficist i wouldnt have that much of a problem( i still would have a problem because without our freedom they would have no right to observe their beliefs) but he only changed his views to avoid serving his country while still beating people senseless in the ring which makes his new found beliefs unbelievable!!

Originally posted by DisDuck
Apparently Quakers are cowards along with several other Christian sects in this country who will not serve.

Well if the ran to Canada or dodged the draft in some other way...then yes they are.

Feedom is not Free. It comes with a price. If your not willing to pay the price when the time comes then maybe you should not be here. What if everyone druning WWI or WWII.....decied they wanted to be a "Conscientous Objector"? What a great place it would be for the Quakers. I don't think would have fit into Hilter's plans. What about currently, there are a few select Muslims right now that not only hate Jew's but all so Christians I wounder how long they would live then?

Maybe one day Humans will outgrow this hate for each other and the fighiting over little strips of desert that they think "God" promised them. I afraid that time is not in the near future though. So until that time comes and when the need comes up, they should be prepared to fight for their freedoms.

Well said Europa. I wasn't too thrilled with the Vietnam War, but I had relatives who served in WWII, one was killed in the Phillappines. When my number came up in 1965 I felt to dodge the draft would have been a slap in the face to those family members. So I went. Like you said, freedom is not free. It's sad we can't all realize that.

The ironic thing. I stayed in the United Stated the whole two years.

With that said, let's get back to Disney!! I'm enjoying what everyone thinks about disney's decade. I have been going to WDW since 1972. I saw it at it's best when Roy Sr. was running it and saw it go down after he died. Eisner brought it back, but think with the help of some of the old guard. Now that they are gone, he has lost the touch. I have noticed this starting early mid 90's. Instead of being uniquely Disney, they are trying to be like everyone else. Walt and Roy gave quality and weren't afraid to charge a good buck for it, but a lot of people came and paid for it without complaint because they knew they would get their money's worth.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter