WDW COVID-19 Operational Changes- Reservation System-Rope Drop Procedures

Are the still taking reservation June 1 for free dining?

Well we had booked a package reservation starting June 1 prior to cancelling my other one. We booked it at the beginning of April because I knew what I wanted and I didn't want it to sell out. However, they had no issue at all with adding free dining to my existing reservation package. I think it's guaranteed honestly....

Well we had booked a package reservation starting June 1 prior to cancelling my other one. We booked it at the beginning of April because I knew what I wanted and I didn't want it to sell out. However, they had no issue at all with adding free dining to my existing reservation package. I think it's guaranteed honestly....
Good to know. I’m booked in July. I made my fast passes today. I found availability pretty limited.

Ugh how limited we make fp reservations Friday and I’m nervous
I got most of the headliners just not at the time or days I wanted. When I made my fast passes for April I got everything just like I wanted it. I definitely noticed the difference.

Ugh we went to Disney and HS during toy story land opening week. We got SDD no problem. Here’s to hoping we get at least a couple decent times

Ugh we went to Disney and HS during toy story land opening week. We got SDD no problem. Here’s to hoping we get at least a couple decent times
A lot of overseas guests, like me, are probably booking FPs, but who knows whether we will be allowed to fly internationally. So you may find a lot more FPs becoming available as overseas visitors cancel. Good luck.

Ugh how limited we make fp reservations Friday and I’m nervous
We made ours Tuesday for a 13 day trip. The first 4 days were tough. No FOP, no SDD, no MMRR, limited SDMT and SR. Day 5-6 were better, by day 7 it was wide open.

We made ours Tuesday for a 13 day trip. The first 4 days were tough. No FOP, no SDD, no MMRR, limited SDMT and SR. Day 5-6 were better, by day 7 it was wide open.
The first 4 days are usually tough for me when booking for the summer. It's down to the first 3 days in the fall up until mid December (except around Thanksgiving). So sounds pretty normal to me.

Maybe I’m nuts but I don’t see any fast pass usage when they open as I assume they need to fix those ques to get people on the ride as fast as possible with the least amount of tight spaces

Just a crazy thought

Maybe I’m nuts but I don’t see any fast pass usage when they open as I assume they need to fix those ques to get people on the ride as fast as possible with the least amount of tight spaces

Just a crazy thought

No one knows. I think a lot of people are booking fast passes because they can

Just a crazy thought

I mean I think it'd be a lot easier for them to just use the stickers that grocery stores are using, but maybe not we'll see I guess...hopefully if they ever announce anything.

I am really struggling with what to do about my upcoming trip. I rebooked our April trip for June 1-6 at BWI so got the free DDP. I’m concerned if we keep this trip then it will be a limited experience especially with possibly no table service open. Not sure of other restrictions will be in place when they first open, if they even do open by June 1.

I could keep the dates but change to POR and just get the QSDP and save about $1500. This way I think I could keep all my FPs. I was able to get everything I wanted just some times aren’t ideal.

I could change the dates to June 29-July 4th with the expectation that more things will be open and it will be a better Disney experience. I would never normally go over July 4th but I’m betting crowds will be less than usual. My concern here is that the FP 60 day mark has passed and I may not be able to get some of the more difficult FPs. We could do POR with free QSDP or BWI with free DDP.

Decisions, Decisions. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks.

We booked our June trip after the 60 day mark (which we NEVER do on a normal trip) and lost every good fastpass we had for our May trip.....no SDD, no 7D, no Alien, no Smugglers run, no runaway railway, no BTMRR, no FOP, no RNRC. My kids are questioning whether it's actually worth going or not. If restaurants are closed as well, we may just wait til Thanksgiving.

I am really struggling with what to do about my upcoming trip. I rebooked our April trip for June 1-6 at BWI so got the free DDP. I’m concerned if we keep this trip then it will be a limited experience especially with possibly no table service open. Not sure of other restrictions will be in place when they first open, if they even do open by June 1.

I could keep the dates but change to POR and just get the QSDP and save about $1500. This way I think I could keep all my FPs. I was able to get everything I wanted just some times aren’t ideal.

I could change the dates to June 29-July 4th with the expectation that more things will be open and it will be a better Disney experience. I would never normally go over July 4th but I’m betting crowds will be less than usual. My concern here is that the FP 60 day mark has passed and I may not be able to get some of the more difficult FPs. We could do POR with free QSDP or BWI with free DDP.

Decisions, Decisions. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks.
I'm not sure why TS restaurants wouldn't be open if Disney is...all other area restaurants are allowed starting Monday at 25%; so I'd imagine Disney would be able to honor their ADRs at TS places. I feel like the bigger issue is if they're open by that time. We're scheduled to arrive 6/8 and having the same concerns about possibly rescheduling within the 60 day fastpass window.

I'm not sure why TS restaurants wouldn't be open if Disney is...all other area restaurants are allowed starting Monday at 25%; so I'd imagine Disney would be able to honor their ADRs at TS places. I feel like the bigger issue is if they're open by that time. We're scheduled to arrive 6/8 and having the same concerns about possibly rescheduling within the 60 day fastpass window.
TS will be open but on the Disney Dining Show, they mentioned that they may cancel all ADRs and make it first come first serve.

TS will be open but on the Disney Dining Show, they mentioned that they may cancel all ADRs and make it first come first serve.
What's the Disney Dining Show? Hmmm... that'd be interesting. I almost think it'd be easier for them to manage if the only took adrs; who knows I guess.

I wonder what wait times would look like if it was only walk up....so many unknowns argh :)

What's the Disney Dining Show? Hmmm... that'd be interesting. I almost think it'd be easier for them to manage if the only took adrs; who knows I guess.

I wonder what wait times would look like if it was only walk up....so many unknowns argh :)
The one The Dis puts on. A link to the show is in the Dis Unplugged board.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter