WDW COVID-19 Operational Changes- Reservation System-Rope Drop Procedures

TS will be open but on the Disney Dining Show, they mentioned that they may cancel all ADRs and make it first come first serve.
Hm. That would certainly make a lot of people angry. It’s one thing to have a fcfs system- but it’s really different to have a system that encourages people- and in some cases, requires them- to get up early and make reservations 180 days in advance-even planning park days based on which reservations they could get.

I’ve been in many of the restaurants, and I can’t think of many of them that have adequate waiting space for guests. Many of them have very small areas for guest waiting. “There is a 45 minute wait. We will text you when your table is ready. Go wander around the park in the sun (or the rain) until we text you.”

It doesn’t sound like fun to me to wander around a theme park looking for a place to eat, not knowing whether there will be an hour wait after I’ve walked all the way across the park to get there- especially when I know that, six months ago, I made a reservation for me and my family to eat there and made it fit perfectly between my scheduled fastpasses.

I hope that is not what happens.

Hm. That would certainly make a lot of people angry. It’s one thing to have a fcfs system- but it’s really different to have a system that encourages people- and in some cases, requires them- to get up early and make reservations 180 days in advance-even planning park days based on which reservations they could get.

I’ve been in many of the restaurants, and I can’t think of many of them that have adequate waiting space for guests. Many of them have very small areas for guest waiting. “There is a 45 minute wait. We will text you when your table is ready. Go wander around the park in the sun (or the rain) until we text you.”

It doesn’t sound like fun to me to wander around a theme park looking for a place to eat, not knowing whether there will be an hour wait after I’ve walked all the way across the park to get there- especially when I know that, six months ago, I made a reservation for me and my family to eat there and made it fit perfectly between my scheduled fastpasses.

I hope that is not what happens.
6 months ago no one planned for parks to be closed. Something will have to change if all restaurants are only at 25% capacity.

TS will be open but on the Disney Dining Show, they mentioned that they may cancel all ADRs and make it first come first serve.

I don't think that's what they said. They said if they have to limit capacity, they would cancel some of the ADRs that had already been made, but would keep the ones that were made first. So if the restaurants would be at 50 percent capacity, they would just keep the first 50 percent and cancel the rest.

I don't think that's what they said. They said if they have to limit capacity, they would cancel some of the ADRs that had already been made, but would keep the ones that were made first. So if the restaurants would be at 50 percent capacity, they would just keep the first 50 percent and cancel the rest.
Either way a lot of people are going to be upset.

Just an FYI...I called member services to setup my Magical Express for my May 24-June 2 trip. They wouldn’t set it up because they said they were in the process of cancelling May 24 reservations. Moved my trip to May 31-June 9....holding out hope but heavy doubt. I’d like to be there the day it opens if possible

Just an FYI...I called member services to setup my Magical Express for my May 24-June 2 trip. They wouldn’t set it up because they said they were in the process of cancelling May 24 reservations. Moved my trip to May 31-June 9....holding out hope but heavy doubt. I’d like to be there the day it opens if possible
They're not taking any new reservations before June 1st. If you must arrive Mary 31st maybe look into a cheap room for that night off site

I've been able to order bands for at least a week or so now, just the plain ones though.
Hmmm...I'm wondering what the difference is. We're supposed to checkin 6/8; but still can't. Also have a reservation for 5/26 & early Sept., but can't order bands. I'm assuming yoi just logged into MDE and eent to bands/cards? I'm still getting the message about the closure and not taking orders.

Hmmm...I'm wondering what the difference is. We're supposed to checkin 6/8; but still can't. Also have a reservation for 5/26 & early Sept., but can't order bands. I'm assuming yoi just logged into MDE and eent to bands/cards? I'm still getting the message about the closure and not taking orders.
Yeah, that's what i did. That is strange

Yeah, I ordered some plain MBs last week for an early June resort stay. Room only reservation. The pop up about not taking orders was still there but it let me finish the order, got a confirmation receipt via e-mail, all per the normal process.

Now if they are actually being processed, who knows.

Yeah pop up is still there, but I was able to do mine last week for July stay. I can also still go in and change them around if I wanted.

Who knows. Lots of people are reporting seeing the pop up that online check-in is required and I've never seen it on any of my 4 reservations for our June/July trip.

Again any speculation on procedures should be discussed in the news and rumors board until we get actual announcement from Disney, then we can discuss announced procedures here.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter