WDW Marathon Weekend Questions

WDWNY

DIS Veteran
I've never done a runDisney race so I have a few questions...

How much is the 5K during the WDW Marathon Weekend? I don't see the prices online.

Do all the resorts have transportation to the races? If not, when do they post the resorts that will have transportation to the races?

Should be about $70 if prices hold from other race weekends

All Disney resorts will be host resorts with busses

Thanks! Do you know when DVC members/ annual pass holders can register? There is early registration for that right?

Create an active.com account ahead of time and know the password (or let your computer save it to autofill).

I just thought of more questions...

1. how fast does the 5k usually sell out?
2. How long does it take to register?
3. Can you register 2 people at the same time or does it have to be separately?
4. If I have an AP and my aunt doesn't can I register us both during early registration?
5. Does Disney Visa offer any discounts for runDisney events?/ Are there any discounts?

4. If I have an AP and my aunt doesn't can I register us both during early registration?
5. Does Disney Visa offer any discounts for runDisney events?/ Are there any discounts?
1. It depends some years it's faster than others but it does usually sell out the same day.

2. A couple minutes maybe?

3. No you cannot.

4. I believe you can only register yourself.

5. Disney visa does not do any discounts as far as I know.

Can't give you a specific time, but about 7,000 of those bibs will be taken by Dopey Challenge runners, so you're looking at maybe 5,000 bibs available?
Depends on how hard the system is hit when you go to register. You may be put into a queue, or you may sail right through. It's quicker if you make an Active.com account ahead of time.
Separately. If it's 2 adults, you'll each need an Active.com account. If it's an adult and a minor under age 18, the adult can register and then go back and register the minor under the adult's account.
No.
Disney Visa discount has been gone for a few years now. I think the only way to get a discount is to get an Active.com Advantage account, but that costs money (annual fee) and only pays for itself after you sign up for so many races - if you're just doing 1-2 races per year with Active, it's probably not worth it.

If it's an adult and a minor under age 18, the adult can register and then go back and register the minor under the adult's account.
Just checking that I understand. I won't be able to sign DD & myself up at the same time? I'll have to register myself, then log back in to register DD? Thanks!

are you sure? if it was a minor I thought you could do it together.
Last year my mom registered myself, two sisters all separately. Mine was done under my own account but my sisters were done under my moms account all separately. We are all under 18.

Now this brings up a question I have. Now if I'm not currently 18 but will be by race day. I turn 18 May 8th, 2016. Can I register for the full even though I'm not 18 on registration day?

Just checking that I understand. I won't be able to sign DD & myself up at the same time? I'll have to register myself, then log back in to register DD? Thanks!
If your daughter is under 18, you can register her under your account. They'd still be separate registrations, but you wouldn't log out and log back in.

If she's 18+ she needs her own account. :)

Okay here's my question now. I don't see it specify. Do you need to be 18+ at registration day or on race day? My birthday is 12 days after registration day so that's when I'll be 18.

image.png

Also website has been updated to include that this will be the 20th anniversary of the half and that there will be a special shirt and medal for the occasion.

Okay here's my question now. I don't see it specify. Do you need to be 18+ at registration day or on race day? My birthday is 12 days after registration day so that's when I'll be 18.

View attachment 161529

Also website has been updated to include that this will be the 20th anniversary of the half and that there will be a special shirt and medal for the occasion.
it should be for race day only. But if it doesn't let you register then that is a glitch that you should call runDisney and/or active about. If you are worried about it I would call either or both of them ahead of time :)
And good for you doing something so big at such a young age!! I don't even know you and I'm proud of you!!!

it should be for race day only. But if it doesn't let you register then that is a glitch that you should call runDisney and/or active about. If you are worried about it I would call either or both of them ahead of time :)
And good for you doing something so big at such a young age!! I don't even know you and I'm proud of you!!!
Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter