WDW Marathon Weekend Questions

Do you go on rundisney.com to register or active.com?
The registration process starts on the rundisney web page, then bumps you over to an active.com page when it is time to actually register.

Thank you! Also for pictures with characters during the race can you use photo pass?

Do they have PP at the characters? Or just cast members to take pics with your camera I wonder?

Do they have PP at the characters? Or just cast members to take pics with your camera I wonder?
According to the reports from folks who ran this past weekend, they have PP photographers at the characters and other photo-op locations.

Awesome! Not that I have time for characters haha.. But photopass for the races is very cool.

Another question related to this weekend...we have never stayed onsite before so I was hoping for thoughts on All Star Sports. Specifically, will this location be very loud and crowded? Any suggestions on where to stay if not here? We care more about potential chaos/loud groups. Any help is appreciated.

It always feels like whenever I stay at a moderate resort they tend to be quieter compared to a value resort. However, I've never been woken up from noise at any Disney resort.

Another question related to this weekend...we have never stayed onsite before so I was hoping for thoughts on All Star Sports. Specifically, will this location be very loud and crowded? Any suggestions on where to stay if not here? We care more about potential chaos/loud groups. Any help is appreciated.
It is possible to escape the noise in your room by asking for a room on the top floor and in the furthest corner away from any pool - especially the main pools. But walking around the resort or the lobby/food court areas are always louder and more crowded than moderate or deluxe resorts - much louder.

If that is where you really want to stay but are worried about sleep for the races, bring ear plugs.

We stayed at Sports this past January and didn't have any crazy noise but would hear some noise, like other guests if they got back late. I brought a little box fan to help drown out noise. We were right above where they showed the nightly movie (top floor) and that didn't have any extra noise and some nights it was too cool so noone was even down there. We could here studios fireworks each night, those are loud. It wasn't crowded at the resort, there were lots of runners though.

I am a light sleeper, so I like white noise to cover some normal cracks and pops our old house makes.. My wife has an app on her phone that we will run over night for white noise when we travel... And like others said.. Request the 'worst' location for your room.. BuckeyeBama's points about far from pools, the main entrance and upper levels are less desirable to most.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter