We are here Live Report

We are going to head to Florida Mall today.
Thinking is that we will get the shopping brought forward and probably go into the parks on busy days like 4th July.

We have had 2 trips with more than our fair share of rainfall, enough to ruin a holiday for many but we battled thru and made the most of it. Also twice been on cruises thru hurricanes, all adds to life experiences :rotfl2:

how were the hurricane cruises?
we'll be on the Dream in october and that's one of the things i'm worried about... :eek:

We are going to head to Florida Mall today.
Thinking is that we will get the shopping brought forward and probably go into the parks on busy days like 4th July.

if you go to the MK on the 4th of July you can see the very patriotic fireworks....they give me goosebumps and bring tears to my eyes....though i'm a sappy american....not sure what they would do for a Scot :)

how were the hurricane cruises?
we'll be on the Dream in october and that's one of the things i'm worried about... :eek:

One was Disney other was RCCL, no problem with either, they go around the storm, come back early, go back to a different port etc, they find a way to make it as smooth as possible. I wouldn't worry about it.

One was Disney other was RCCL, no problem with either, they go around the storm, come back early, go back to a different port etc, they find a way to make it as smooth as possible. I wouldn't worry about it.

thanks!! since this whole cruise thing was my idea (i'm taking my mom and sister), i'm really hoping everything goes right!!!

if you go to the MK on the 4th of July you can see the very patriotic fireworks....they give me goosebumps and bring tears to my eyes....though i'm a sappy american....not sure what they would do for a Scot :)

Believe me, having experienced them several times, the 4th July fireworks leave a lump in the throat even for Scots, certainly my family. There again, so do Wishes - Illuminations - Fantasmic and most recently "Magic, memories & you" etc etc etc.:rotfl2: We fly in on 4th July (not long now) and hopefully be there in time for the fireworks - if we can get into MK of course.:thumbsup2

Just caught up on your report - hope things get better with the weather. Sounds like you have a lovely room at SSR :goodvibes

Nice trippie,sorry about the rain,should end before we go.We like OKW as well love that you like it
Paul

I really hope that the Debby sorts herself out some time soon!

I cant imagine paying all that money to be their in that much rain :sad1: We have seen some pretty amazing storms over the years but luckily only really lost out on a day or 2 of the parks etc in 2010 we had a full day and night of rain we was having to get pout the pool at Kidani and get bk to the lodge as it was thunder and lightning bad!! scared the kids crazy as they was really worried we got split up as we had to take 2 mini vans to transfer us back they also really worried about the animals at the AKL lodge being out in the storm! They spoke to a Cm who told them they take the animals into huge shelters our room was actually last on the corridor of the Arusha savannah and so they did see them being put away which made them happier!

hope your managing to have a great time either way at least if you get the shopping done your not wasting time when the sun does come out :)

Monday 25 June

Thanks for the thoughts regarding the weather. DS and I would suck it up and don the ponchos but the girls don't cope. Anyway having bleated about it previously it is time to get on with the holiday.

The rain was still heavy when we woke up at 6.30. Lay for 30 mins before getting up.
We decided to head to Florida Mall. A few sales in the shops so got a couple of Xmas presents. Girls hoping the good sales will kick in later :banana:
Rain stopped at lunch-time so we decided to head to Riverside Mill for lunch. I had read this from a few reports and it didn't disappoint. We had a great selection of food to share with everyone. The family favourite is still Sunshine Seasons but this is now a close 2nd place.
Picked our things up from OKW and headed into EPCOT. Would have probably picked another park but we had an ADR for Garden Grill at 5.15pm.

We wandered around Worldshow case while the girls did the Kidscot, Diane some browsing in the shops and Jack taking lots of photos.

Headed to Garden Grill at 4.45 and we were seated in a booth by 5.
The character interaction was quite good and we had the 4 main characters come to our table a couple of times. The food was absolutely delicious. I never had the maple butter but since the dish was emptied it is safe to say this was a hit.
Beef,Turkey and fish were all cooked perfectly. The beef especially medium/rare was the highlight and so as not to be rude we asked for more beef. Don't think we would have spent $207 out of pocket but it was a great choice for 5TS credits.

glad to hear it stopped raining long enough for you to finally get to a park!!

thanks for the review of garden grill - somehow i've never made it to that one, though i have heard good things about it..

regarding sales - there usually are big blowout sales around the 4th of july...
hmmm...just looked at my calendar and i see the 4th falls midweek this year....so i don't know how they'll do the sales....maybe the entire week of the 4th? or starting on the 4th and going through the weekend?
however they do it, there for sure will be big sales....
check the newspapers on friday the 29th and on sunday the 1st....
also check the internet...

oh wait - here i found stuff online:
i see premium outlets is having their 4th of july sale on june 29th - july 4th
http://www.premiumoutlets.com/outlets/sales.asp?id=17

so maybe that's what other stores are doing?

Glad you liked Garden Grill, we have enjoyed both our visits there. Beef is excellent, I don't remember how many lots we ordered last year but it was quite a few.
Have you got a reservation at Liberty Tree Tavern? their beef is even better(or it was in 2009 & 2010)
Without DDP I would only do a max of 1 meal per trip onsite, paid for Trails end buffet a few times OOP but even thats got a bit too expensive now
(I think I paid $21pp last time)

Beef at GG:cloud9:
IMG_3632Medium.jpg

Beef, Turkey & Ham with stuffing at LTT:cloud9::cloud9:
IMG_1179Medium.jpg

I was listening to some florida radio this morning ( internet radio rocks :) )
looks like debby spawned 7 tornadoes yesterday, or so I heard.
they said things should calm down a bit by thursday. But it's too early to say if the sun will come through
Anyway things should get better, but it's Florida weather, so you never know

Hmm I may just consider this Garden Grill again - I haven't done it since 2003 looks like the food has improved LOL

Thanks for keeping us updated - I love this live report!

Just caught up - hope the weather improves soon! Interested in your TS choices as we have booked HDD and Garden Grill.:)

Tuesday 26 June

Up again before 7am. The rain has been on through the night but we persuade everyone that Hollywood Studios it is today.
Morgan, Jack and I headed to ToT and grab fast passes with a return 9.45 to 10.45. Then it is off to RnR where I scream like a woman ;)
Meanwhile Diane and Robyn head to Toy Story Midway Mania.
We all convene at Star Tours where Jack is the rebel spy.

Afterwards we head to ToT while Diane and Robyn look through the shops. We arrive bang on 10.45 and the CM comments that we just made our FP window.

Lunch was in ABC Commissary which is a favourite of everyone.

We got caught in some showers which were strong enough for them to close Honey I Shrunk The Kids play area.

We picked by a last FP for Star Tours and did build a droid till our window opened up.

After Star Tours we headed back to OKW and while Diane did some washing I braved the pool.
The water was freezing but the troops had fun on the slide.

The rain was starting to get heavy so we headed out of the pool and headed over to premium outlets at Vineland Rd.
Adidas and Crocs were the biggest hits on this vist.

Soon it was time to head over for our Sanaa ADR. A really nice touch at the gate is they give you a directions card to Sanaa.
We arrived at 4.45 for our 5.15 booking and were seated immediately.
All the window seats were booked but everyone still managed to get to see a few animals before the tables filled.
This was by far our favourite meal. In order of likes we had Tandoori lamb, Butter chicken, Tandoori chicken, New York Strip steak. The steak was good but on retrospect was the least adventurous choice. Puddings were the 3 mini desserts *2, chocolate cake with ice-cream substituted for sorbet and rice pudding with cinnamon cream. The troops had smoothies while Diane and I had water. The server was excellent and reminded us that we could have another drink or coffee as we had only had three drinks. We did not need it but it was another aspect that added to our meal.

Afterwards we spent a bit of time at Downtown Disney before heading back to OKW.

Now we feel like we are in Florida :) :)

BTW glad Wayne posted photos of Garden Grill as we forgot to take this, just as we did with Sanaa :rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter