We can do it! -Disney bride weight loss group

Tink Bride - You totally just had me tearing up !
You said some very true things - it is hard, and dont try and bite off more than you can chew (ha) at first... make small changes and stick to them. :thumbsup2
I spent my usualy 2 hours in the gym today :crazy: but today was special - my DF met me there :) made it a BIT easier.

That extreme makeover diet thingy - is that the Fat Smash diet? I heard EXCELLENT things about that one...

Who went to the gym/worked out today??

I worked out today!!! I did 45 minutes of a total body/ circuit training session! It feels so good to be 'doing it' and not just thinking about it.

To the other teachers:
I teach in the inner city and my kids eat breakfast in my room. It is so hard not to just grab something and eat it! I'm not sure if I'll be able to do the six meals a day, but I am willing to try. I am a snacker anyway, and I eat small meals but frequently. So maybe that will be the diet for me! I will try to fit some in at school and I get out very early so I have a long time at home to snack! I have used Weight Watchers before, but right now I have no willpower to start it.

:wave: I just worked out today! But, if whilykit works out 2 hours a day, then I'm definately not staying at the gym long enough. I'll have to change that.

And as a teacher, once I get the first graders used to the routine of getting their lunch, and sitting down to eat it... I let the yard duty folks watch them. We've got outdoor setups for our campus here in California, and the kids eat outside almost everyday. I'll usually lock my classroom door, turn out the lights (like they won't know I'm in there) :smooth: , and talk to my fiance on the phone. I know. I'm cold hearted. But on some days if I don't get a break... the teacher's gonna go bananas! :banana:

Well, I think you guys are really keeping me motivated to keep up my diet and gym schedule! Thank you! :teeth:

I felt the need to edit my signature with my countdown, that I will update each week with my total to go and my total lost. A way to keep myself accountable!! :thumbsup2

8/7: 30 mins on elliptical, 30 mins Pilates

Ok Here it goes,
I'm extreamly over weight according to the scale.
I currently weigh between 215-220 (my body weight fluctuates hourly i swear).
My biggest problem is that I dont look me weight.
I swear a size 18.
I have a little over 2 months to drop some Lbs.
I have to say though I am proud of myself though, I have lost 5-10 lbs (depends on what day you weigh me) In the last few months.
I havent done much though unfortunantly.
I just really cut my portion sizes in half and started listening to my body and knowing when I was full.

Heres a horrible little vid I took last month when I was getting ready to go to a fencing demonstration at a movie theater for the opening of POTC 2.
Yes I am a medieval dork.

So yeah This is a great thread its nice to have people who are in teh same boat you are.
Hopefuly I wont sink it.
Hehehe

Yay for trying to not be a fat cow!!!!

Well so didnt go to the gym last night...but i'm all ready to go today, even brought my stuff to work...(not like that always works)....

Want to wish everyone luck

Oh and just want to mention...those little 100 calorie snack packs are great...esp if you love cookies like i do...have the chips ahoy ones and its just enough to get past that craving

Ladies I have to subscribe to this post and just say how AMAZING each of you are! Its always nice to have other people to motivate you, congratulate you on your successes and understand your failures but push you thru it! I've a little over 2 months before my wedding and a goal of 15lbs to loose for it with an over all goal of 60lbs by the new year. Thank you for starting this thread!!!

Work ends at 5 --- then off to the gym!!!!!!!

Hello. I just wanted to share this recipe I tried a few nights ago and "borrowed" from the WISH board. I'm hoping we can support each other with good eating habits in addition to keeping each other motivated for exercise! I wanted to recommend the apple braised chicken recipe from the WISH board but it won't let me link or paste the recipe! :sad2: This recipe tasted like fall to me and it was filling and delicious. I paired it with some roasted asparagus. Yummy, filling and healthy! Okay, the asparagus had a touch of butter but weight loss is a marathon, not a sprint, right? :)

My gym time is three times a week and tonight is my night! Woohoo to looser fitting pants!

lindajoan said:
I paired it with some roasted asparagus. Yummy, filling and healthy! Okay, the asparagus had a touch of butter but weight loss is a marathon, not a sprint, right? :)

My gym time is three times a week and tonight is my night! Woohoo to looser fitting pants!

Get some 'I Can't Believe It's Not Butter' spray! It is 0 calories and, IMO, tastes just as good as real butter. Especially if you're just using it on veggies or toast or something. I guess they named it that for a reason :rotfl:

Hi All,

Fellow dieter subscribing. I've been funding WW for almost 2 years now. I joined before H2B proposed but the thought of the dress and looking at photos in 20 years time is spurring me on.

Got weighed last night I lost another .5lbs (every little helps). I've got 1.5lbs to go for my 3 stone award. I hit my initial target but have decided to keep going for another 7lbs.

People say I look fine now and but I really want to tone and get a bit of definition into my bingo wing arms. So like a good little girl I dragged my saggy **** to the gym earlier.

Keep going eveyone.....Remember how great it feels to lose and how guilty you feel when you cheat.

another handy tip!
Wishbone salad spritzer! I LOVE this stuff... 10 calories a spray!! :)

I know. The only way I can choke down salad is with ranch dressing... the low fat kind of course. :teeth:

I worked out again today... but it felt like I was running through water...and sand...and cement... it was rough today. *sigh*

Hey Everyone!!!!!
I am so excited about this thread :thumbsup2 I am currently 5'7" and 180lbs. :sad2: I am getting married in 1yr and would love to weigh 135lbs :goodvibes So i am looking to lose 45lbs GRRR!!!! Anyway, i just started WW yesterday and started walking 1mile a day with DF. Eventually want to do about 3miles a day. :banana: Now, some back ground on me is that I swear i am always going to start a diet tomorrow and I last about a day or so :rotfl: So I really want to stick to this and I am hoping that if i read this thread everyday and check in to see how everyone is doing and post how i do everyday then it will keep me strong :thumbsup2 :cool1: Its great to know ppl in the same boat as me and that we are all going through it together!!! :woohoo: whenever i get weak i am going to read this thread to try and stay motivated!!! Good Luck to everyone we can do it!!!! :Pinkbounc :cheer2: i want to have a great honeymoon and wear a nice bathing suit without worrying about what i look like!!!! :) :woohoo: Lets stay strong together!!!!!! :wizard:

Hello ladies!! This is a great thread, I have been out of town for the last week, which was against my will!! (My car was hit by lightening and fried my electrical system! :crazy: Luckily, Mercedes has great roadside assistance)

Due to a WDW vacation and this past week of eating restaurant food, I think I gained around 10 lbs. So, I am 5'6", 140 lbs. and teach kindergarten, as well. (Seems like a lot of :teacher: on the DIS). I am hoping to lose 25 lbs. by the wedding, Dec. 21.

I took a 2 mile walk this evening, as there are no gyms in my small town...

Sending :cheer2: to everyone else trying to lose weight too! :bride:

Yay! We went on a bike ride down by the river tonight. Only about an hour because it was getting dark. It was a good start for me. I just got this bike from my niece so it was my first time out. We are planning a road trip for a short vaca where we will take the bikes too!

Belle83007 said:
Hey Everyone!!!!!
I am so excited about this thread :thumbsup2 I am currently 5'7" and 180lbs. :sad2: I am getting married in 1yr and would love to weigh 135lbs :goodvibes So i am looking to lose 45lbs GRRR!!!! Anyway, i just started WW yesterday and started walking 1mile a day with DF. Eventually want to do about 3miles a day. :banana: Now, some back ground on me is that I swear i am always going to start a diet tomorrow and I last about a day or so :rotfl: So I really want to stick to this and I am hoping that if i read this thread everyday and check in to see how everyone is doing and post how i do everyday then it will keep me strong :thumbsup2 :cool1: Its great to know ppl in the same boat as me and that we are all going through it together!!! :woohoo: whenever i get weak i am going to read this thread to try and stay motivated!!! Good Luck to everyone we can do it!!!! :Pinkbounc :cheer2: i want to have a great honeymoon and wear a nice bathing suit without worrying about what i look like!!!! :) :woohoo: Lets stay strong together!!!!!! :wizard:

Belle, we are in exactly the same boat! I am 5'7" and started trying to lose weight at 180 pounds. Our wedding is tentatively scheduled for fall 2007 (just need to get going on our planning trip....) The least I've ever weighed has been 138 when I was told I looked positively cadaverous. I'm shooting for 140 - 145. I know I'll look and feel so much better! I don't want to suffer through my diet, just want to eat better and exercise. I'm hoping the weight will come off with some healthy habits and without denying myself too much! Two Hershey's kisses is okay, two bags of Hershey's kisses, not so much. :rolleyes1

I'm keeping a weight journal as a good way to track my progress. So far so good - the scale registered 168 today! :woohoo:

By the way, I love the Wishbone spray dressing idea! Can't wait to try it out!!

Go team, go! :cheer2:
~LJ

Boo- I need to vent for a minute - hope thats ok... :sad2:
Ive posted how hard it is for me to lose weight, working out 2 hours of cardio a day, basically eating cereal and salad doesnt help.. well, I finally went to a doctor yesterday, and have been preliminarily diagnosed with celiacs disease :sad2:
I thought I just had 'stess stomach' or nerves - turns out, I cant digest gluten! Do you know how many foods have gluten. Im a friggen chef! How in the world can I not eat the foods I love to cook! or even normal foods at all!?!?
Im totally bummed -
I am still holding out for the 'we were wrong' phone call, although it does explain a bunch of things about me.
I have to go get a biopsy of my upper intestine ! EWW, I may faint right now! :scared:

anyway - i dont feel like getting out of bed today to work out :( Sorry if I killed the mood! gah!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter