Weather next week May 1-5

ottawamom

The "Air Miles" Lady
Not having been to Disneyland before how worried should I be about the rain forecast for next week. Is it likely to be the odd shower or a steady several hours of rain. I'll plan outdoor rides for earlier in the week and do mostly indoor rides on Wednesday and Thursday. Will the cooler/rainy weather keep the crowds down?

Local input welcome and much needed.

I'll take the shorts out of the suitcase and put some capris in instead. Thank you.

I see 40% chance on Wed evening and Thursday morning. I wouldn't worry too much about that. Bring layers - maybe a water proof windbreaker. Use sunscreen regardless of whether it is overcast or not.

Hmm...my intuition tells me we will see these showers overnight/early morning hours, most likely. It will be cloudy and sort of drizzly. You'll wake up and the ground will be wet but it shouldn't really impact your day.

If I had park reservations for midweek, I'd keep them. This doesn't appear to be a big rainstorm. Just typical May gray/June gloom type drizzly weather. Very common this time of year.

Pack layers.

It's the same temp here today as is forecasted for next week's high temperatures. I'm outside checking to decide what will work. That's the problem with coming off winter and going on holiday. I don't remember exactly what I need to wear at what temperature.

Anything above freezing will be welcome.

It's the same temp here today as is forecasted for next week's high temperatures. I'm outside checking to decide what will work. That's the problem with coming off winter and going on holiday. I don't remember exactly what I need to wear at what temperature.

Anything above freezing will be welcome.
If I understand from your username you are in Ottawa. As a SoCal girl who recently moved back home from toronto I can tell you that while I am still freezing in the mornings and evenings, my Canadian hubby and boys are running around in shorts and a tee shirt, even in the rain. It just is not as cold by a long shot, even if the temp is the same. That said, layers are the name of the game!

We're heading there tomorrow and have packed a wide range of clothing choices lol. Jeans/leggings/long sleeved/short sleeved/heavy winter coat/sweatshirt/UGG shearling lined boots/sandals/running shoes. It's warm during the day but as soon as the sun goes down it gets too cold/miserable for us to not be layered up.

We're lucky United lets us bring 2 checked each/go up to 70lbs otherwise we'd be in trouble.

We're heading there tomorrow and have packed a wide range of clothing choices lol. Jeans/leggings/long sleeved/short sleeved/heavy winter coat/sweatshirt/UGG shearling lined boots/sandals/running shoes. It's warm during the day but as soon as the sun goes down it gets too cold/miserable for us to not be layered up.

We're lucky United lets us bring 2 checked each/go up to 70lbs otherwise we'd be in trouble.

This is the way.

Safe travels!

Star Wars Nites are on the 2nd and 4th, so I expect those days will be quite busy. I’m going on the 4th, so hope any rain is limited to the morning.

Any day at Disney will be great!!! Don’t let anything rain on your pixie dust!! You will have a great time, great photos and wonderful memories!! May the force be with you!

I can’t believe the weather forecast for next week. I’m in San Clemente and we get down into the 40s for lows a couple of nights. 🙈😂

Layers are your friend here, and bring a jacket. If it’s windy, 60s and 50s will feel very cold in Anaheim.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter