"Welcome to the Artic....Oops I mean Disneyland" complete

Oooh goody were going xmas this yr! Is it on aswell as or instead of Candlebration?

Candleabration was only a event held for the 15th Anniversary which ends in March, they will probably do something different for Mickeys Magical Party :goodvibes

Great 2nd day Emma!!

With all of these lovely trip reports of off-peak times over Christmas I'm certainly looking into visiting in November during the week just to give Christmas one more try...maybe not this year but in a year where we don't go over Halloween.

Great 2nd day Emma!!

With all of these lovely trip reports of off-peak times over Christmas I'm certainly looking into visiting in November during the week just to give Christmas one more try...maybe not this year but in a year where we don't go over Halloween.

Its so much better when the park is quieter IMO. I think I may do the end of Xmas again as even though it was cold i just need to see that castle all lit up.

As long as its as magical as candlebration lol

I'm sure it will be :goodvibes

Day 3-7th January.

Today was our Studio Morning, we didnt get till breakfast till 9am. There was a queue but within 5 mins we was seated and i had my usual fry up and Kyra had her yoghurts and apple.

We made it to the Studios for 9.50am and we looked in some of the shops where i noticed that the sales had started (yippee lol) I knew to come back later on when i had gone back to the room to get some money.

I took some photos of Kyra in the Studios, where we also went on cars and the magic carpet ride before meeting up Donald for a photo.

20090109_81.jpg

20090109_83.jpg

20090109_84.jpg

20090109_85.jpg

Then i said to Kyra we should go on the Tower of Terror, she wasnt keen in the slightest but i told her unless she went on it she cant say if she likes it or not.

Taking a just turned 3 year old on ToT got me some rather odd looks from people lol but hey at least Kyra wasnt crying. As we sat down on the ride i apologised in advance if Kyra cries.

Well Kyra was very very brave and didnt cry one, she actually really enjoyed it. I took a photo of the ride photo. Look for the minnie ears lol thats Kyra.

20090109_86.jpg

Afterwards we went and watched the showing on Animagique which warmed me up nicely and i probably could of sat there all day as i was dreading going out into the cold again.

We then went to the Disneyland Parc as i had planned we would watch the Sleeping Beauty show as we hadnt seen it before.

20090109_100.jpg

20090109_103.jpg

I will give my honest view, its a nice show for those who love Sleeping Beauty and co but it was a bit weak.

20090109_106.jpg

We then went and rode some rides in Fantasyland, then popped over to have a go on Buzz which is a fave with me and Kyra, in the queue i bumped into Plutosgirl :) it was lovely meeting her and her family.

I then hot dogged over to small world where i was meeting the DISers, we then rode Its A Small World together.

Kyra wanted to go on Tea cups so we went on that, made me feel rather queasy as i had forgotton to pack my motion sickness tablets lol.

20090109_113.jpg

I think after that we went back to our room and defrosted before I had to go and meet another friend of mine from another forum (i had a busy day of meet and greets lol) as we had planned to watch the parade together.

Today the Alice float had been replaced with lots of characters which i thought was fab.

20090109_115.jpg

20090109_121.jpg

20090109_122.jpg

20090109_123.jpg

20090109_124.jpg

20090109_125.jpg

20090109_131.jpg

20090109_133.jpg

20090109_140.jpg

20090109_147.jpg

After the parade we went back to the Studios so we could watch Stitch Live! which was probably the funniest one i had seen, Stitch was HILARIOUS.

20090109_151.jpg

20090109_153.jpg

I had changed our reservation for Inventions so we could eat earlier so we left the park and went back to the hotel to get ready for dinner and i could start packing.

While in our room i took some photos.

20090109_155.jpg

The tiles in the DLH bathroom.
20090109_162.jpg

20090109_164-1.jpg

Coming up next-Inventions

yaaaaaaaaay emma - great report!! kyra always looks so happy in ur pics makes me smile with her :)

great trip report emma. i was showing ash but all she was interested in was kyras peter pan. what shop was he in i dont remember seeing him? cant wait to see inventions pics. your ride pic with krya is so funny she looks so tiny next to everyone else. well you have one brave little girl, good on her *** i couldnt brave tot. way to go krya

great trip report emma. i was showing ash but all she was interested in was kyras peter pan. what shop was he in i dont remember seeing him? cant wait to see inventions pics. your ride pic with krya is so funny she looks so tiny next to everyone else. well you have one brave little girl, good on her *** i couldnt brave tot. way to go krya

I got him in the Disney Store in the village, hes in the part with all the soft toys on one of the bottom shelfs.

Day 3 continued-Inventions.

We had a reservation for Inventions for 6.30pm, I went to dinner in the slippers provided by the hotel lol.

We was sat in the food area by the window where we could see the castle it was lovely.

The waiter we had was so lovely and made sure Kyra was treated like a Princess throughout the whole meal.

20090109_178.jpg

I was a bit dissapointed that they didnt have the chicken and potatoes that i ate back in September so i tried the duck and it wasnt too bad, I actually stuffed my face with pasta and salad aswell. Not to mention the cheesecake too which was to die for.

We also saw them light the castle for Candleabration which was lovely to watch while eating our dinner.

20090109_177-1.jpg

We saw Mickey who my little one adores, she loves him so much.

20090109_173.jpg

Tigger, he kept doing weird things with Kyras Peter Pan lol

20090109_170.jpg

20090109_171.jpg

Dale who was highly impressed i could tell the difference between him and his brother lol

20090109_176.jpg

Also saw Goofy and Launchpad who was so happy that me and Kyra knew exactly who he was lol.

20090109_165.jpg

20090109_166.jpg

We could of waited for Chip but we had already been in there for 2 hours and i wanted to go and have a look around the village before we went to bed.

Overall we had a fantastic meal here, and it is a must do for us. I gave the waiter a tip as he made our meal very enjoyable and he is what a CM at Disney should be-magical.

We came back from the Village to find this the turn down service. Kyra didnt like the dark chocolate coins and threw them in the bin lol. They had also made up the sofa bed for her tonight. Though she did fall off it during the night, luckily i placed some pillows on the floor lol.

20090109_182.jpg

20090109_183.jpg

Coming up our last day and cafe Mickey.

Great second day Emma.I love looking at Kyras happy wee face.

I thought Inventions was amazing.My two didn't know who Launchpad was but I did .......only from being on here :lmao:

Thanks for a another great update. We have one of those Peter Pans from 4 years ago when Nicole loved him, but he wasn't round the parks in person in those days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter