Wendy & Chuck's PJ and TR Merged 2/4/08 Escape SBP/JIKO: Updated 9/19-Pleasure Island

hey got a question for you?????

DId YOU HAVE JORDAN ALMONDS AT YOUR SECOND RECEPTION???:rotfl2: :rotfl: :lmao:

SORRY, JUST REMEMBERING ALL THE DRAMA, AND STILL LAUGH WHEN I THINK ABOUT HOW SHE CHASED ME DOWN IN OHANA TO GIVE SOME ALMONDS!!!
REHEARSAL066.jpg

Halloween pictures??? WHAT! What are they talking about? Your actual wedding pictures? You looked beautiful! I really don't understand. Idiots. Some people are such idiots.

I would have smacked him

Yeah, it was a she and I could have smacked her. She's one of those people who is super flighty and has no regard for how the words coming out of her mouth affect other people. And she's kind of a lush. She was double fisting the red wine that day.

I AGREE WITH LINDSEY!!!!!

JUST REMEMBER:: despite everything that went wrong one thing still went right on Monday!!!!:hug:

I tell ya when I met you at Ohanas Sat.night, you looked so calm and relaxed,:goodvibes while my dh was having his bridezilla moment at all the problems we have been having between ohanas and 1900 park fare.:headache: I guess despite it being the happiest place on earth, they still have their problems!!!!

Oh that's sooooo true Bobbie. Monday really was the gem that made everything else less frustrating, if not okay.

That's so funny that you say that I was calm. I thought you seemed so calm! And your wedding was the NEXT day! What were your problems that you had at Ohana?? Oh nevermind, I should probably go back and reread your TR to find out.

hey got a question for you?????

DId YOU HAVE JORDAN ALMONDS AT YOUR SECOND RECEPTION???:rotfl2: :rotfl: :lmao:

SORRY, JUST REMEMBERING ALL THE DRAMA, AND STILL LAUGH WHEN I THINK ABOUT HOW SHE CHASED ME DOWN IN OHANA TO GIVE SOME ALMONDS!!!
REHEARSAL066.jpg

Oh yeah, we're getting to that, I promise. The at-home reception isn't until August 9th! It was supposed to be in June, but nothing with the in-laws can be easy and we ended up having to push it back. :sad2: I'm very unhappy with the whole situation and feel like it's kinda lame to be having this party 6 months after the wedding. I'm trying to keep it casual with more of a BBQ/Open House feel and the MIL keeps trying to turn it into an actual reception/5-yr-old Birthday Party. UGH. I won't even bring up the Jordan Almonds for the party. That would just be the icing on the cake, so to speak. She knew she wanted to have a party, why couldn't she have just saved the stupid JAs for that. Why did it have to be this big drama before my wedding??? Where she was going to surprise me???? :mad: [Whew, guess I'm not over that yet, huh?]

Halloween pictures??? WHAT! What are they talking about? Your actual wedding pictures? You looked beautiful! I really don't understand. Idiots. Some people are such idiots.

Thank you! And yeah, some people are idiots. They can't see past there own narrow view of something and look at the bigger picture of anything. :rolleyes:

Day 2, Part 2

From this point we still had some stuff that we needed to get done. We never made it to Coronado Springs the day before to get Jenna’s attendant gift. I was still majorly concerned with the fact that manicure was really jacked up and I needed to find a place to get my nails fixed. Finally, we had to pick up some wrapping paper and supplies. So, we head over to Coronado Springs and walked from the main building half way around the resort to get to the building with the spa. When we finally arrived, Chuck was so excited to see that they had a gym. He kept commenting on it and how he would like to get a workout in. This was distracting as I was trying to choose which spa treatment to buy for Jenna. The more I thought about it, the more I realized I just wanted to spend a certain dollar amount and let her spend it as she wished. I think I ended up doing a certificate for the same price as the Cirque tickets. After we got that all settled and I paid and what not, Chuck continued to yammer on about working out. He asked the cast member if he could go into the gym. She asked if he was a guest at the resort. He said no, he was staying at POFQ. So she said that she was sorry and told him the gym was for resort guests only. So then he groused a little and said he’d really like to work out. She asked again where he was staying and he said, why here of course. She let him go in and do a quick work out. He was happy as a clam. I was a bit annoyed, but whatever. You want to lift weights in jeans, more power to you. So while he was getting buff, I went outside and parked myself on a bench. I ended up calling Jenna and Beth. I don’t remember which of their phones I called but they were together. That’s when I found out that they were happily sunbathing and having a few drinks.

257917730_o8mKu-M.jpg

257917604_SkfAU-M.jpg

Do you notice anyone getting a little red in this picture???

257918071_8GKq7-M.jpg

I downloaded all my stresses to them including what a disaster that morning had been and they told me to come hang with them. I wanted to, but that just wouldn’t have been practical. I was detailing everything we still had to do before the welcome dinner that night and when I got to the part about needing to get my manicure fixed, Jenna insisted that she could and would fix it herself and to not worry about finding somewhere to go. At that point I was happy to cross any unnecessary activities off my list. Twenty minutes later Chuck emerged from the gym and found me on my bench. We began our trek back to the front of the resort and I informed him that we needed to go shopping for wrapping paper and supplies. As we were getting in the car I ended up talking to Christie. Her and Chuck’s parents were going shopping anyhow and offered to get us anything we needed. I had wanted to go to walmart so we could also get some fresh fruit, yogurt, nuts and bottled water. But hey, they were going so I let them pick that stuff up and that meant we only had to go to Walgreens for wrapping paper and a couple of cards. I know we ate before we went to Walgreens, but I cannot for the life of me remember what or where. However, after we ate (I know we ate?!) we went to walgreens and picked out wrapping paper, cards, tape and scissors. I even got Disney princess paper to wrap A’mya’s gift in. From there, I talked to Christie again and they were back at FW from shopping so they had stuff for us to pick up. We headed over there and it was complete chaos. Chuck’s mom and grandma were in the ‘comfort station’ coloring their hair (ugh... disaster) and I had to hunt Christie down to figure out what we were supposed to take. While I was busy with that, Chuck’s dad sucked Chuck into hanging out with all of his friends. They were mainly talking and giving Chuck a hard time about getting married. I finally got our supplies loaded into the 4Runner and I had to cut the male bonding short and drag chuck away.

We headed back to our room where Chuck thought he was going to get to nap!!! Ha! We get back and I start setting up my wrapping station on the bed. Chuck turned the television on and got all comfortable. Unfortunately, spoil sport that I am, I told him that he had to help write out the cards to our parents and he had to write a card for his best man. He tried to resist but eventually gave in to contributing. We wrote the cards out and I began wrapping the frames for our parents.

257585632_SHYMh-M.jpg

This is when I noticed that I didn’t have the jewelry box that I had bought for A’mya. While the frames fit in on box very nicely together, the jewelry box got packaged in with the ornaments that I had left at the wedding pavilion!! I didn’t know what to do. I was completely freaked out that I had forgotten about this in all the rushing of the day before. There was no way I was going to actually get the jewelry box now. I had been given the time frames of when someone would be at Franc’s that day and we had already missed both of them. I ended up calling my planner and leaving her a message. There was nothing I could do. I would have to wait to give A’mya her gift.

After I finished wrapping everything up, it was time for me to hop in the shower. The crappy thing about taking so long to get ready (read: being a girl) is that you always have to go first. So there was no rest for me. I showered and began getting ready for the welcome dinner at O’hana. I was so tired and exhausted that I would have been just as happy to skip it and sleep. I didn’t even have the energy to dry my hair. I went with the curly au natural look. lol. While we were getting ready Danijella and Doug called. They had flew in that day and had just found their resort. They were staying off property because Dani had found a smokin’ deal on priceline. BUT now they didn’t know quite how to get to the welcome dinner. I was trying my best to direct them to Disney property so that they could then just follow the signs to the Poly. Once that was all settled we finished getting ready and began to gather everything we needed for the dinner: our cameras, the welcome bags, the gifts and cards. Once we hauled everything down to the car (did I mention how heavy those welcome bags were??) we were on our way.

Umm halloween pictures?????? wow people are so ignorant.

Haloween pictures! That is so rude! You were a beautiful bride Wendy! I thought your wedding looked fab!

YAY! An Update. You are getting closer to the big day. I can not wait to hear about the Welcome dinner, we are having ours at the 'Ohanna too!

Absolutely unbelieveable that anyone would think your wedding pictures were Halloween!! You had a beautiful wedding and I can't wait to get to that part of your TR!

I think the Halloween comment smacks of jealousy! And ignorance. Probably an equal amount of both.

Wendy-- you looked so stunning on your wedding day! You totally rock the old-Hollywood-glam look. Don't let other people's jealousy and insecurities get to you.

And thanks for posting your experiences. It truly is helpful for us future brides. I can't wait to read more!

Wendy, sweetie, I am so sad for you that there was tension and unhappiness and that even now you have to suffer through a party that was not within your control. Just remind yourself, as I had to back in the dark ages when I got married, "all that matters is that I get to spend the rest of my life with the man I love, and we will get through all of this together." Even when it is him driving me crazy or me driving him crazy, we know it is only a moment in time and we have all eternity to love each other. You and Chuck are such sweethearts and I hope that as time goes on, the troublesome characters in your life will just cease to make a dent in your happiness. You deserve all the best! :hug:

Wendy,
Thank you for such an honest TR! Believe me you are not alone! I just got back from our Vow Renewal, and as magical as it was, it was FULL of FAMILY DRAMA & STRESS, which I plan to describe in detail. I think it's very theraputic though, so hopefully it will help you too putting it down on computer! :rotfl:

As far as your pictures goes, I can say for a FACT how beautiful you looked at your Wedding, I saw you in person...we walked by your Wedding at SBP that day! You looked stunning! :goodvibes

Great installment, Wendy! Maybe you can turn the tables at the party and do a little torture of your own :dance3:

You were a gorgeous bride and don't let anyone bring you down or mar your memories!! :lovestruc

Halloween pictures my keister. Your pix are awesome. I think they show your personality and they show that you had the wedding you wanted, not what everyone thinks you should have. My sister thinks everything should be white and victorian for a wedding, I told her when you get married, we'll do it your way :thumbsup2

Umm halloween pictures?????? wow people are so ignorant.

Oh Lynn! I agree. She's just a twit, air head anyhow. So it shouldn't matter what she said. But it's just indicitive of what we've (I've) delt with.

people are so rude! :mad:

I know. Even if you don't like something, why would you make such a nasty comment to someone else when they obviously were happy with it because that's what they chose to do?!?

Haloween pictures! That is so rude! You were a beautiful bride Wendy! I thought your wedding looked fab!

Thank you sooooo much!!

YAY! An Update. You are getting closer to the big day. I can not wait to hear about the Welcome dinner, we are having ours at the 'Ohanna too!

Whew, I'm trying to chug along here. Get ready b/c the next update is all Ohana! With TONS of pictures. It wasn't my first choice for the welcome dinner, but it did turn out well and I think it's pretty appealing to all sorts of poeple, so it worked out nicely.

Absolutely unbelieveable that anyone would think your wedding pictures were Halloween!! You had a beautiful wedding and I can't wait to get to that part of your TR!

Thank you!!

I think the Halloween comment smacks of jealousy! And ignorance. Probably an equal amount of both.

Wendy-- you looked so stunning on your wedding day! You totally rock the old-Hollywood-glam look. Don't let other people's jealousy and insecurities get to you.

And thanks for posting your experiences. It truly is helpful for us future brides. I can't wait to read more!

I really think it's more that this cousin is older by at least 10 years and she just has that mindset that a wedding is supposed to look a certain way. What she doesn't have is the manners or sobriety to keep that opinion to her self while comment on a relative's wedding pictures. :sad2:

Wendy, sweetie, I am so sad for you that there was tension and unhappiness and that even now you have to suffer through a party that was not within your control. Just remind yourself, as I had to back in the dark ages when I got married, "all that matters is that I get to spend the rest of my life with the man I love, and we will get through all of this together." Even when it is him driving me crazy or me driving him crazy, we know it is only a moment in time and we have all eternity to love each other. You and Chuck are such sweethearts and I hope that as time goes on, the troublesome characters in your life will just cease to make a dent in your happiness. You deserve all the best! :hug:

Awwwe, thanks Cam! I'm really working on not letting others get to me so much. It's the only way to survive. Chuck's good at just letting things roll off his back.

Wendy,
Thank you for such an honest TR! Believe me you are not alone! I just got back from our Vow Renewal, and as magical as it was, it was FULL of FAMILY DRAMA & STRESS, which I plan to describe in detail. I think it's very theraputic though, so hopefully it will help you too putting it down on computer! :rotfl:

As far as your pictures goes, I can say for a FACT how beautiful you looked at your Wedding, I saw you in person...we walked by your Wedding at SBP that day! You looked stunning! :goodvibes

Thanks!! I gotta get on your TR and catch up and read everything. Especially now that we know that that was your husband on the boards! He alluded to the fact that the family was troublesome. I can't wait to read all about it! It's good to know I'm not the only one. I just can't do this TR and gloss over everything.

Great installment, Wendy! Maybe you can turn the tables at the party and do a little torture of your own :dance3:

You were a gorgeous bride and don't let anyone bring you down or mar your memories!! :lovestruc

Thanks!! I'm working really hard at not caring too much about this at home party. It's going to be a totally representation of my in-laws since they are hosting at there home. Besides that, I have very few people coming from my side; probably 30 of less of family and friends out of a very roubust 125ish.

Halloween pictures my keister. Your pix are awesome. I think they show your personality and they show that you had the wedding you wanted, not what everyone thinks you should have. My sister thinks everything should be white and victorian for a wedding, I told her when you get married, we'll do it your way :thumbsup2

Perfect! That's the best response ever! When I used that on my MIL before the wedding, my SIL said "Don't worry mommy, when I get married you can have xxx, yyy, & zzz." It was quite disgusting imo.

Day 2 Part 3 - Welcome Dinner at Ohana

Okay, so we’re on our way to the Poly and we’re perfectly on time, yet I receive a phone call from Christie. She’s already there with her parents and grandmother because they’re overly early to everything. I tell them to hold their horses and we’ll be there shortly. We pull up to the Poly and Chuck lets me out at the curb with our boxes of goodies and then he drives off to find parking. While I’m waiting for him, I can’t go in because everything is too heavy for me to carry by myself. Now while we arrived with 5 minutes to spare, we ended up being just a few minutes late by the time we made it in. I went to the podium and checked us in and notice that there was another large party waiting as well and they had pretty much filled the waiting area. So we stood outside and waited just a bit. Everyone was there when we finally made it in with the exception of Jenna and Beth. I called them and they were there and just finding their way to the restaurant. They stopped to take pictures along the way.

260133521_wzC5D-M.jpg

260133586_tgyBr-M.jpg

260133677_PtWEL-M.jpg

And if you look really closely in this next one at the top left corner, you’ll see where our party was waiting outside of Ohana. The girl in the yellow dress is my SIL, Christie.

260133749_F6Emr-M.jpg

When we finally got seated it was a whirlwind of activity. The host was checking for allergies, which was a good thing because I didn’t realize that one of my life-long friends of over 15 years was allergic to PINEAPPLE! And there was a server taking drink orders and I wanted to get the welcome bags out and welcome everyone.

Passing out welcome bags...

257918141_CBnFQ-M.jpg

Welcome bags everywhere...

257567378_9rdoy-M.jpg

Being seated...

257568315_FiGQN-M.jpg

Server taking drink orders...

257568028_o7Yna-M.jpg

At this point, my now MIL couldn’t contain herself any longer. Nevermind that we had just gotten there, just gotten settled in and were taking a million and one pictures...

A million and one pictures...
257645330_K4DRZ-M.jpg

257568525_efXKa-M.jpg

257607459_qgBnE-M.jpg

263320651_L6AWe-M.jpg

263320957_oy9jB-M.jpg

263321286_4jeHC-M.jpg

263321638_Q2xPm-M.jpg

So she just absolutely had to pass out the stupid Jordan Almonds, oh excuse me, Confetti. She couldn’t container herself. But she didn’t just pass them out. She had to tell a story about what they were. And what you’re supposed to do with them. And to tell her story she had to YELL at everyone. It was loud in the restaurant and the people at the end of the table couldn’t hear her, so they didn’t even know she was talking. So she starts getting feisty and YELLING at them to “LISTEN TO HER!” Ugh. It was annoying. I don’t think she realizes how rude she comes across. I genuinely think it’s a language barrier issue. Perhaps she never fully learned the innuendo of the English language in the past 40 years that she’s been here in the states. Or perhaps she just thinks that... I don’t even know what. She’s just very abrasive sometimes. She went on to talk about how you’re supposed to make a wish for the bride and groom while sucking on one of the candied nuts. But you have to be careful, because if you make a bad wish it will come back on you. Now, let me ask you, who at my super-small wedding would be making a wish against me, that this warning was necessary?!???!!

257569214_y7EVk-M.jpg

257569022_UApmJ-M.jpg

257918256_LR3dQ-M.jpg

263320134_zzT54-M.jpg

263320407_2TCN2-M.jpg

Someone was kind enough to immortalize the JA’s in wedding history forever.

257574269_7Grz2-M.jpg

257574461_4mexU-M.jpg

I would like to also take this opportunity to point out that after the cat was let out of the bag about being “surprised” by the MIL with JAs at my wedding that I ended up taking on this project as well. I had to buy the netting or tulle because my SIL had purchased large square amounts apparently b/c they were oblivious that you can just buy a package of rounds at any craft store. I printed the little tags and then inked the edges to match the different color ribbons that I had cut to tie the bows. I really wanted the tags to have some sort of thank you message and something about the welcome dinner and Chuck’s parents hosting, but I got shot down on that (don’t think that I didn’t print out several alternatives for the tags.) They were pretty peeved that I didn’t let them also do the red ribbon and little fake red roses, but I was able to at least make the case that this wasn’t something being passed out at the wedding or on the wedding day, therefore it should be in bright colors to compliment the Poly/Ohana theme. The whole thing in my opinion was a disaster and still to this day bothers me. Note to future MILs, MOBs or just about anyone who thinks this is a good idea for a “SURPRISE,” guess what, it’s NOT. You would think that once she said her piece that it would have been the end of the JA’s, but as anyone who has read Bobbie’s TR or earlier comments knows, that is not the case. I’ll get there, promise.

After that, I seemed to relax for the most part. The food kept coming out in waves. We started with the bread and salad. They brought out the shrimp and wings, both of which were really good and messy to eat! Okay, I lied, I don’t really know the order of the food. But all of it was really good. I ate, but I didn’t overeat. I enjoyed everything a lot. I know that we had to get more of the potatoes and shrimp. And as always, the meat was hit or miss. I had a great piece of steak, but Chuck’s would suck. So it all depends. Overall the meal was very good. My mom kept commenting about how salty the potatoes were, but she still enjoyed them.

Day 2 Part 3 - Welcome Dinner at Ohana; Continued

Throughout the dinner there was a lot of commotion and activity. This lady came over and it seems like she never left.

257918379_ATDWm-M.jpg

We did some hand movements to a song. It must have been about a fish...

257918357_vBQfS-M.jpg

257918340_gZ2hZ-M.jpg

We got more leis on top of the ones that I had included in the welcome bags for our group.

260134101_XApQJ-M.jpg

Chuck reacting to the lady, whose name I don’t know, after she walked away...

260134146_6fPgq-M.jpg

And us smooching...

263325481_o2kwX-M.jpg

263329145_9LLmF-M.jpg

I can’t remember exactly when, but I’m pretty sure it was shortly after being seated, or while we were in the process of being seated that Bobbie and I realized who the other was. I knew I knew her, but I have to admit that I blanked on the name. She was much better at identifying me!

MeBobbie.jpg

So, David (Bobbie’s now DH) and Chuck got to spend a lot of time leading parades, wearing skirts and holding limbo poles...

257571622_paPz8-M.jpg

257571402_xxY4c-M.jpg

257608099_jmN6o-M.jpg

257918521_rTff7-M.jpg

257607853_KRhck-M.jpg

260134513_YJFm9-M.jpg

260134191_xpJ5e-M.jpg

263328079_gnnUr-M.jpg

As his reward for being such a good sport, Chuck got to pass out MORE leis to our party...

257573439_HBSyE-M.jpg

257573223_miuBr-M.jpg

Ohana was a great place too for keeping the one kid (my niece) in the party entertained. She started out looking like this...

263320651_L6AWe-M.jpg

And ended up looking like this...

263321638_Q2xPm-M.jpg

263325929_9ec5k-M.jpg

263325709_wzNbF-M.jpg

257609269_EdZWS-M.jpg

Day 2, Part 3 - Welcome Dinner at Ohana; Continued

As the evening started to wind down, they brought out dessert. It was very yummy. I think we ended up getting a couple of special request desserts though. My friend with the pineapple allergy got ice cream with a sauce topping I think. I also think my niece A’mya ended up with just ice cream as well. Some people ordered coffee. I decided now was a good a time as any to pass out our gifts for our parents and attendants. I started with the parents. They both got Lennox frames, but they were different.

260134738_cJEic-M.jpg

257609320_TajnG-M.jpg

257609561_vB7X4-M.jpg

Everyone was cracking up because I didn’t change out the pictures in the frame. I thought of printing up a little poem or saying to go in the frames until we got wedding pictures back for them, but I ended up not doing that. So everyone was laughing because the couple in the picture is NOT me and Chuck.

I gave Jenna her gift certificate and she was STOKED to have her massage paid for!

263329535_NGBpd-M.jpg

And here’s Christie saying “NO WAY” when she opened the Cirque tickets!

257575993_ThyeW-M.jpg

Chuck’s best man Anthony wasn’t flying in until the next day. So his gift was back in the room. Chuck bought him a 2GB thumb (usb) drive shaped like a ducati tail (they’re riding buddies, so it was fitting.)

After the gift giving, the dinner was really coming to an end and we began firming up plans for PI that night and MK the next day. This is where I was a little miffed. I was telling everyone where we were going to meet in the MK and at what time when Dani tells me that she and Doug made plans to meet up with some relatives because “they didn’t know there was anything going on.” Now, I would have been okay with the fact that they weren't coming to MK b/c they didn’t want to spend the money on the tickets, or because they really wanted to meet up with family. But to tell me that you didn’t know what was going on when I included ALL the information in the invitation really bothered me. I felt like, what was the point??

My mom wanted to get a picture with Chuck’s mom but all of the sudden Chuck’s mom was gone. This is apparently when she ran after Bobbie & David to give them the Jordan Almonds. She came back and said, “I gave those guys some confetti too since I had some left over.” Okie dokie. I thought it was HYSTERICAL b/c everyone knew the JA drama from my PJ before the wedding and Bobbie was sure to get a kick out of it. Which she did.

My mom got the picture...

263330965_jvdiS-M.jpg

And then we all headed out to get back to our rooms and get ready for PI.

Wow! lots of updates! At my cousins shower in February they had a "guess the JAs" contest. My Italian aunt almost started preaching to me about JAs. Blech!

Yeah, more updates. Love reading about 'Ohana.

I really love your dress and the necklace you have on with it. Would you mind letting me know where you purchased the necklace. My girls are wearing red dresses and that might look nice for the wedding.

Thanks,
Linda

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter