Wendy & Chuck's PJ and TR Merged 2/4/08 Escape SBP/JIKO: Updated 9/19-Pleasure Island

Great installment Wendy!

Sorry you had so much drama, ugh!

BTW< I LOVE that dress you are wearing! It is really fun and it looks great on you! Can't wait to read more!

Another great update. Sorry you have to once again relive the horror of your JA's. You're a stronger woman than me. I'd have thrown my bag at her once she started yelling during my welcome dinner. :rolleyes1

It sounds like you did have a lot of headaches from people while you were down there. It makes me thankful that most of our potential problem guests didn't make it to Florida! I think our at-home reception was the most stressful thing tool; don't worry it will all be over soon :hug:

O'hanas is a blast, we had a group dinner there the week of the wedding. That same lady made most of our group stand up to the hula, so you were lucky that you got to sit at the table.

It looks like your niece had a blast by the end of the night. My cousin (the only kid in our group) looked like he thought he was too cool for the hula in our pictures :rotfl:

Well, Wendy, I have to compliment you on how poised you were throughout the dinner with all the drama! You did great and you looked beautiful :goodvibes

OHANAS WAS GREAT!!!!:cool1: :thumbsup2
THE MEN DID A GREAT JOB ENTERTAINING US ALL!!:woohoo:

THANKS AGAIN FOR THE JORDAN ALMONDS!!!!:rotfl: :rotfl2: :rotfl:

Wow! lots of updates! At my cousins shower in February they had a "guess the JAs" contest. My Italian aunt almost started preaching to me about JAs. Blech!

OMG... I'm sooo over the JAs!! I was so bummed that they even had to make an appearance during any of my wedding events.

Yeah, more updates. Love reading about 'Ohana.

I really love your dress and the necklace you have on with it. Would you mind letting me know where you purchased the necklace. My girls are wearing red dresses and that might look nice for the wedding.

Thanks,
Linda

The necklace (and matching earrings) came from Target!! LOOOOOVE TARGET. And the red clutch, which I think you can see on the table in a couple of the pictures came from target too. Clearance for $2.71!!!

Great installment Wendy!

Sorry you had so much drama, ugh!

BTW< I LOVE that dress you are wearing! It is really fun and it looks great on you! Can't wait to read more!

Thank you! I thought the dress was PERFECT when I saw it. The only problem I have is that I'm not very well endowed up top and then my ribcage is wide, so a lot of dresses look funny on me because the waist is too high and it doesn't empahsize my real waist which is lower.

Another great update. Sorry you have to once again relive the horror of your JA's. You're a stronger woman than me. I'd have thrown my bag at her once she started yelling during my welcome dinner. :rolleyes1

Oh, I was surrounded with my people so snarky comments were prevelant! I couldn't believe she was YELLING at people! So rude! :cool2:

It sounds like you did have a lot of headaches from people while you were down there. It makes me thankful that most of our potential problem guests didn't make it to Florida! I think our at-home reception was the most stressful thing tool; don't worry it will all be over soon :hug:

O'hanas is a blast, we had a group dinner there the week of the wedding. That same lady made most of our group stand up to the hula, so you were lucky that you got to sit at the table.

It looks like your niece had a blast by the end of the night. My cousin (the only kid in our group) looked like he thought he was too cool for the hula in our pictures :rotfl:

I was so happy to let Chuck take the majority of attention. Not that I'm super shy, but I was too out of sorts to deal with all of that. I just wanted to eat and drink and get through it all.

The at home party is in 2 weeks and I'm sooooo happy it's almost over. My family and I only have 30 ppl or so coming out of about 125. Which is good. I only have to worry about my people and let the MIL worry about her 100 people. WHATEVER. I cannot wait until it's over. I've pretty much given up trying to "plan" anything. Aside from securing the catering, tent, tables, chairs, etc... I haven't done anything to put it all together. There's no theme. Blah!

Well, Wendy, I have to compliment you on how poised you were throughout the dinner with all the drama! You did great and you looked beautiful :goodvibes

Thank you!

OMG IloveyourdresswheredidyougetitImusthaveit! :hyper:

:rotfl: It's by INC. and I got it from Hudson's, oh wait, excuse me, Marshall Fields.

OHANAS WAS GREAT!!!!:cool1: :thumbsup2
THE MEN DID A GREAT JOB ENTERTAINING US ALL!!:woohoo:

THANKS AGAIN FOR THE JORDAN ALMONDS!!!!:rotfl: :rotfl2: :rotfl:

:rotfl2: :rotfl: Oh please don't thank me. That was all the MIL!

You're right, the men did a great job at entertaining!

Thanks for the info about Target. I would love to buy them matching earings and necklaces but I have purchased SO much for them already. I love the set from Davids but it is like $60.00 and that on top of what I have gotten already is over the top.

Linda

Hey, I just wanted to let you know I've enjoyed following both your PJ and TR, and I think it's really cool that you came back to post about your wedding trip even though it wasn't all light and happy the whole time. I'm sure you are busy, but I hope you're going to continue the saga!

I am also using the Lenox Mickey and Minnie ears as our favors and awhile ago you had given me the suggestions to use the Zig pens. Well, I found them the other day and purchased two in gold and I must say they are exactially what I wanted. The one I bought had two tips and the fine tip is great. I have an extra Mickey ornament that I have been using to make samples of the different pens and writing styles and this one is just right. It is SO easy to use.

Looking forward to more updates also.

Thanks again,
Linda

:dance3: :dance3: :dance3: :dance3:

Thanks for the info about Target. I would love to buy them matching earings and necklaces but I have purchased SO much for them already. I love the set from Davids but it is like $60.00 and that on top of what I have gotten already is over the top.

Linda

LOL, I was so happy to find all my accesories for that dress at target for so cheap. Idk if I mentioned it before but I was also carrying a small, red patent leather clutch that was on clearance from xmas for $2.97!! :cool1:

I understand though how easy it is to go overboard and wanted to keep buying more and more. If it makes you feel any better... I got that jewelry back at the end of January so they probably don't have it any more, therefore, no temptation for you!

Hey, I just wanted to let you know I've enjoyed following both your PJ and TR, and I think it's really cool that you came back to post about your wedding trip even though it wasn't all light and happy the whole time. I'm sure you are busy, but I hope you're going to continue the saga!

I'm for sure going to continue! I am pretty busy and our at-home reception is THIS Saturday, but I'll try to put the next installment up tomorrow morning. Coming up next is our outing to PI, meeting up with my wedding twin Carrie and my husband's bosses making me cry! Get ready!!

I am also using the Lenox Mickey and Minnie ears as our favors and awhile ago you had given me the suggestions to use the Zig pens. Well, I found them the other day and purchased two in gold and I must say they are exactially what I wanted. The one I bought had two tips and the fine tip is great. I have an extra Mickey ornament that I have been using to make samples of the different pens and writing styles and this one is just right. It is SO easy to use.

Looking forward to more updates also.

Thanks again,
Linda

:cool1: Wooo Hoooo! I'm so glad they worked for you Linda! I bought about a gazillion different pens to try to see what would work best. Now I'm stuck with all these pens! hmpf. :headache: I'm glad the zig (painty pens, right?) worked for you like they did me! I gotta go hunt down your PJ, have you done them all yet? I wanna see a picture!!!

Day 2, Part 4 - Pleasure Island

After we got back to the room, both Chuck and I decided to change. I thought I was going to get a lot more use out of that dress than I really did. I ended up throwing on a pair of jeans and a top. Chuck put jeans on as well. We freshened up and headed back out the door and to DTD. I explained to everyone where we were going to meet, but with several people who had never been there it was a bit challenging. I took a few calls to coordinate everyone and figure out where they were. Chuck and I were the first to arrive and we were at the entrance closest to the West Side (by the amc theaters and planet hollywood). A few minutes later Christie showed up, with her parents. The five of us were standing around chatting when Dani and Doug showed up. I got a hold of Beth and Jenna and found out they were held up by the busses, so we agreed to just meet up when they did get there. After buying our tickets with a discount using our APs Chuck’s parents headed back to FW and we headed into PI. At this time we met up with some co-workers (all superiors... managers and a director! Eek) of Chuck’s who were in Orlando for a conference that Chuck would have to attend later in the week. I also talked to Carrie to firm up our plans of meeting. I can’t remember if we texted or called or what, but I let her know that we were heading into the Adventurer’s Club and to come on in to meet up with us.

We headed into the AC and it looked like this.
257610272_sjfJp-M.jpg

We made for the bar and started ordering drinks and one of Chuck’s coworker’s was very kind and bought several rounds for the whole group. The place started to fill up pretty quickly and Carrie had arrived. We were down in the main room and I looked up and noticed her instantly from pictures! She came down and joined our group and we caught each other up on all of our drama since we had left home and hadn’t been on the DIS.

We made sure to get a compulsory picture of us...
257610844_uJ5mL-M.jpg

I thought we had got more than the one shot between the two of us, but I guess not!

Jenna and Beth showed up shortly too and I stopped worrying about my parents who had been wishy-washing about coming out. Everyone was mingling and have a generally good time.

257610319_Aqssc-M.jpg

257646093_hYNW7-M.jpg

257918698_PWGNc-M.jpg

And I think this picture shows how exhausted I was...
257646243_fEv3e-M.jpg

Chuck ended up getting pulled into one of the shows with the maid and the mask on the wall. He was turning out to be quite the entertainer of the evening between Ohana and AC.

257610444_YTgXW-M.jpg

Chuck’s on the left and the other guy was a DIVORCE lawyer... I think he may have given Chuck his business card after finding out that we were getting married in two days. :laughing:

257611560_2ToEv-M.jpg

They were told to bow...
257611196_PLYmk-M.jpg

To the great mask...
257610705_NMqgW-M.jpg

Then they had to poses...
257611042_8AVjZ-M.jpg

Just like the statue...
257610970_LQk4Z-M.jpg

After those antics, Christie & Jenna headed outside for a cigarette and Carrie decided it was time to get going. I walked out with her and we chatted some more before she took off. I learned that cigarette smoke is EXTREAMLY bothersome to her, so I refrained until she left and then joined Christie and Jenna. While we were outside, everyone else came filtering out and decided that we needed to head into another club. Jenna and Beth insisted on heading to the Beach Club because they got a hot tip that it was the last night it would be open for business; Disney was closing it down.

Everyone had a great time here. The music was appealing to everyone.
257577555_mGAbW-M.jpg

257919025_MuBgL-M.jpg

Everyone was out on the dance floor...
257919141_hhKhP-M.jpg

257919266_yWZ4d-M.jpg

260134866_tNf7k-M.jpg

Even Chuck’s coworkers...
257919288_UAZNi-M.jpg

(this might have been at another bar? we might have popped in somewhere between AC and Beach Club. I just can’t remember.)

The Bartenders were awesome...
257919123_cXmVp-M.jpg

This is Jenna and Beth’s bartender from their resort pool. She’s the one who let them know about Beach Club closing and she was there!
257919303_5Ge5d-M.jpg

Shortly after midnight, I decided it was time for me to go. I was turning into a pumpkin and we were going to the Magic Kingdom the next day and little did I know I was going to need all my energy and strength to get through the next day. Chuck and I made our exit and Christie & Jenna came with so that we could all have a cigarette before we took off. Everyone else ended up coming out too. Chuck’s coworkers decided to take off as did Christie and Chuck and I. Jenna, Beth, Dani and Doug decided to stay and party into the wee hours.

Chuck and I drove back to the resort and went straight to bed once getting back to the room. I think I was asleep before my head hit the pillow.

Another great update Wendy. How is school going for you. I have a little over two months until graduation. I'm so excited about finishing.

Belinda

Yay for the update! It really looks like a great time! So glad you and Carrie were able to meet up! :hug: Can't wait to hear more.

Sounds like everyone had a great time!! So bummed PI is closing!! The AC is awesome!

Sounds like a great evening! Thanks for the update, can't wait to read more!

Yeah for the update! :yay: :yay: Love the pic of you and Carrie! Keep it coming! :goodvibes

We've got a huge weekend ahead of us (we're doing demo on our house to get rid of a poorly constructed addition that Chuck's Grandfather added many moons ago), but know that I do think about my TR all the time. Next up is the day before the wedding spent at Magic Kingdom. It will be a challange b/c this is where I began to dislike EVERYONE not just my ILs. :rotfl:

Another great update Wendy. How is school going for you. I have a little over two months until graduation. I'm so excited about finishing.

Belinda

School is going. I keep plugging away at it. I have three classes this semester and three next semester and then I'll have my associates and I'll be transfering to a local business school. Once I'm there I should only need another year to get my bach. since I'm transfering so many credits and I'm enrolling in their "fast track" program. How exciting for you that graduation is so close. :goodvibes I can't wait until I can say yes... I have a degree, I am edumacated :teacher: :hyper:

Yay for the update! It really looks like a great time! So glad you and Carrie were able to meet up! :hug: Can't wait to hear more.

It was a lot of fun. I left out a crying stint that a I had at AC though. I for sure thought I had got Chuck fired. He's bound by some pretty strick privacy and disclosure agreements and is NOT supposed to talk freely about certain things that he works on. Well, he was soooooo excited about a particular job that he was telling me about it a few weeks before the wedding (they ended up not getting the account, but it had nothing to do with me!). So, I strike up a convo with two out of three of his superiors and I'm talking about how much Chuck loves his work and how great this job has been for him, blah, blah, blah. And then I mention about how excited he is to get to work on XXX. Whoa! They start hounding me about what he's said at home, etc... Turns out they were just giving me a hard time, but they said to watch it around the thrid superior b/c he was way more sensitive about that type of stuff. So the whole night they were razzing me and at one point I felt soooo stupid I was crying a little. Then they felt bad for razzing me, but it didn't make a difference b/c I felt awful for opening my big mouth! Luckily Chuck still has his job and there was no harm done.

And it was soooo awsome to meet Carrie. I've never had the experience really of knowing someone so well from the internet and then meeting them irl. It was a unique and cool experience. And the fact that our wedding was on the same day and we got to share the planning process and go through everything 'together' makes it so that Carrie will always have a special place in my heart and my wedding memories!! :flower3: :hug:

Whew, I got cheesy, huh?

Sounds like everyone had a great time!! So bummed PI is closing!! The AC is awesome!

I really super-duper bummed that PI is closing. SIL and I were supposed to have taken a trip last weekend to the world and she ended up bailing right when we were going to book. So now I have no hope of saying goodbye. It's devestating!

Sounds like a great evening! Thanks for the update, can't wait to read more!

Thanks for reading!

Well there is one other shot of us... the one I clumsily Photoshopped for my trip report! :rotfl: (You didn't need any help :cutie: )

:rotfl2: So I pull up a screen with what I think is my version of the picture and then a screen with your version... and I couldn't find one difference. It was like I was playing one of those games in the magazine. How many different things can you find? Ummm...ZERO. But then I realized that I wasn't looking at my version of the picture. I was looking at two copies of your version. So when I looked at yours and mine side by side finally... all I can say is thank you! You removed the shine! :woohoo: See, I did need help. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter