Wendy & Jo's Fairytale Dream Wedding **** 5/6/2011

dragonwingz

Disney Fairytale Bride
So after reading everyone's stories I decided to go ahead and post about ours. We are getting married on the Dream having a DFTW. I can't decide if I am excited for the cruise or for the wedding.

I will post many of the items that we created for the wedding. Mainly everything we did we made ourselves for the most part. There are 13 of us going on the cruise. :bride:

We are extremely excited. Did I mention that?

So where do I begin ... Well the proposal happened in front of the Castle (WDW) during what was supposed to be WISHES. However, that Saturday Night, they did a special preview of Nightastic. Which ended up being wonderful, BECAUSE it mixes two of our favorite things Princesses and Pirates. Needless to say the question was asked ... "Will you be my Princess forever?" When I said yes, the theme from Pirates of the Caribbean started (its one of our favorite Movie series) which made it all more perfect. My mom was there and seriously was crying the whole time. Which the proposal explains why my mom was crying the entire time the fireworks. The whole night was very humorous and would be long. I will post the website with the story later.

We concluded the only thing for us was a DFTW. However after much "complaining" from our friends we decided to due something FUN for US! Thus we decided on the DFTW on DCL. Downside was the weekend we were going the Beach wedding was already taken. So its the OUTLOOK for us.

I am going to post and blog our story, here are pictures of our Invitations (Jo is a graphic designer and designed pretty much everything we created). This is our "official wedding" however we are being legally married on April 23, 2011 (i.e. D23) in Connecticut!

IMG_0002.jpg

IMG_0003.jpg

IMG_0004.jpg

Our entire THEME is PEACE, LOVE and MICKEY

IMG_0005.jpg

This is a good start! I will post more pictures of my dress, tiara and gifts that we are making for our guests. OH and The T-SHIRTS!!!

Thanks for reading and enjoying our Journey!

Congrats!! Can't wait to hear more about your plans! Love the Passports!! I so wanted a DCL wedding but my grandmother will not sail and she's really important to me so I had to decide WDW :goodvibes

Welcome to the boards! I love your passports, they are so cute! I think this will be the first planning journal for a wedding on the Dream so I am excited to see what it's like!

Welcome & Congrats! :wave2:

Can't wait to see all of your DIY and projects! :) The invitations look fantastic! Great Job!

Wow... what cuties! and love your invitations! :)

Cant wait to see more! SO SO Looking forward to seeing THE DRESS!!!

xxx

I love your passport invitations. They look amazing!!!

You are going to love the Dream, she is beautiful! Can't wait to hear more. :goodvibes

Congratulations! Your invitations look wonderful! Looking forward to following along!

Congratulations!! We will be on your Dream cruise with you! Love your passports...very cool!

Congratulations and welcome!!! I love the passports!!
Your celebration is the day after our VR which is at the Swan. It is all getting close now!!!!
Can't wait to hear more of your plans!!!

So what I decided to do as we are wrapping things up on the prep end, is make a video for you all to see the stuff. Otherwise I will be posting pics forever. There will be a few things that I will post the picture of. I will post in a bit pics of my shoes, dress and tiara (which apparently can no longer be found at Disney) along with the flower girl and ring bearer stuff. The things in the video are only a few. I am also going to post "our story" which we have had on our wedding website too.

Enjoy!

http://vimeo.com/22303045

As Promised here is the story of our Journey (which includes the engagement) I wrote it for our website, which of course has a fairytale theme to it (Also, we have this thing about Rascal Flatts song, hence the Princess and the Passenger references, my Dfi is the Passenger and I am the Princess)...

Once Upon a Time in the Northern Kingdom ...​

shapeimage_2.png

There lived two mice, these mice were visited for years by the princess and a passenger (however never together). One day while online, in the Southern Kingdom the princess was lonely and wanted to expand her social network. She found the passenger’s profile, read through it and found it fascinating and thought to herself we have lots in common and could be fast friends. So out in a flash went an electronic mail message. The passenger, hesitant and guarded, received this message and found it to be interesting; however, the picture on the princess’ profile was very deceiving and thus the passenger discarded the message and continued her daily routine.

Days passed and the princess once again rummaged through the rigors of online chat rooms, dating sites and profiles, and once again found the passengers profile. The princess once again decided to send an electronic mail message to the passenger in hopes of a response. The princess waited. There was no response. Finally, the princess decided to give it one final try, with a simple mention of a friendly meeting and a casual gathering that evening at a neighboring location with an open invitation. The princess hit send. The princess left for her get together with her friends, however she remembered one huge error while going, she forgot to send her phone number.

After hours of having fun with friends, the passenger arrived with a faint but nervous smile on her face to find an overly enthused princess. They talked and talked and talked. Days went by and they texted and talked on the phone. The first date which was not meant to be a date because both agreed that they were only looking for friendship took place. However looking back, the more they both fought the inevitable the more the inevitable happened. The princess and the passenger found a place in each other’s heart.

They continued to return to the Northern Kingdom, to visit the two mice and their friends. Several times with celebrations and fireworks the passenger contemplated many things. But on one very special occasion decided to finally ask the princess a very important question.

Now legend has it that there is a very funny thing about this question as it has been asked by the passenger to the princess before this time, three times before and three times she has said no. So at this time, the passenger was very nervous, more nervous than anyone ever in the history of nervousness or people ever. The passengers wish ..... will it come true.

On this 5th day in the month of June, as all was celebrating the day of Red and the Girls were in Wonderland, the Princess and the Passenger along with her co-conspirator the Queen Mum, were prancing around the Northern Kingdom, enjoying a spectacular day of praises and family. However, the Kingdom had a few surprises of their own, Wishes may not come true for all as the Kingdom decided to surprise all with a fantastic moment of NIGHTASTIC entertainment for all of to see. Perhaps this is not a large bump in anyone’s plans, but for the passenger who had everything planned out, she was about to have a nervous breakdown as they found out that WISHES the nightly firework spectacular would not be shown, and NIGHTASTIC the new firework spectacular would. The princess couldn’t have been more ecstatic, for fireworks are one of her favorite things in all the world.

Fast forward a few hours and the time it took for the passenger to almost have a coronary; there is twenty minutes until the kingdom begins its firework presentation and the passenger and the Queen Mum would like to go the center of the circle in front of the castle (sure, not a problem). There are already 10,000 people sitting on the ground planted, not moving. But the princess decided that for some reason beyond explanation the passenger and the Queen Mum were VERY, VERY insistent that all watch the fireworks from the center of the circle, by the statue of the creator and the mouse that started the kingdom in front of the castle. And so it was. They traveled over all the people and through many obstacles to come upon a perfect clearing just waiting for them. They had special glasses to watch the fireworks only given to special members of the kingdom, which of course they are, the princess put hers on as the firework NIGHTASTIC began.

It was hot and sticky and loud. It was magical and musical and mystical. The passenger tried to get the Queen Mum’s attention but she was mesmerized by the show, and thus began to yell louder, gaining the attention of the princess. The passenger then told the princess to watch the show, so she did, eventually, the yelling was very distracting.

The princess continued her attention back towards the fireworks and watched with awe and amazement. The princess became mesmerized by the music, mayhem and majestic of the firework show. During the show, the passenger wrapped her arm around the princesses waste and whispered (loudly) in her ear, “You know I love you?” The princess still mesmerized by the fireworks replied, “yeah i know, I love you too.” And returned to watching the fireworks. The passenger, then squeezed the princess and as the music began to play when dreams come true, said, “You know you’re my princess?” the princess replied while half paying attention, “uh huh”. The passenger, utterly annoyed and nervous, by now, with all the honesty and love in her heart asked once more, “will you be my princess forever?”

The Princess froze and turned over her shoulder and looked at the passenger and said what, the passenger simply tapped the princess’ stomach where she held a ring. The princess looked down, still wearing her special glasses which happened to show everything in rainbow and show five of everything and project holograms, which of course made it look like there were multiple rings out in front of her. Repeating herself a few times, “What”. She ripped off the glasses and turned to the passenger, as the song “He's a Pirate” from Pirate of the Caribbean begins to play (that is the theme song if you wanted to know).

Now this is where the legend differs. Slightly, ever so slightly. If you were ask the princess, she was really caught off guard, and simply said, “Are you s%^ting me?” If you were to ask the passenger what the princess said, she would reply “Are you sure?” Which ever story you may be fortunate to hear, what comes next is magical: as the princess smiles and tells the passenger that she loves her, and is shaking and trying to get the ring out and on her finger, a magical fairy flies over their head (to which Queen Mum points it out). Then as the princess is finally now devoting all her attention to the passenger, the passenger yells out, “OHHH, look, there are skulls and cross bones on the castle.” Then princess first looks and then realizes that she needs to stop paying attention to everything around her and devote her attention to her passenger.

shapeimage_4-1.png

"Oh, what a fool am I to be tongue tied
Sittin' Next to her
The Princess and the Passenger"
- Rascal Flatts

29332_400673603345_576778345_4144881_14408_n.jpg

When I posted our story. I realized that we have 24 days left. WOW.

So for all of the DCL brides, they let you ship your stuff to the warehouse and then take it on board for you. Meaning the welcome bags we made for our guests and also the wedding stuff itself that we have. It is getting shipped TODAY!!!

Talk to you all soon.

Wow it is so nearly time for u guys!!!! How exciting!!! we fly out to the US may 6th so I will b thinking of u!!!

I absolutely loved everything from ur video clips... U have had some really fantastic ideas!!! I really like the welcome bags and luggage labels!

Right, happy planning! Hope we get to see more from u before the big day!!!

Xxxxx

So the countdown begins ... intensely that is.

7 days till we leave for CT
11 days before our legal ceremony
22 days before our DFTW on the Dream!

Needless to say I am a tad nervous. I can barely concentrate at work. No wonder people take the week off before their wedding.

Anyway final contract and all has been signed for a week and we received an email stating that our cake choice is no longer available on DCL. Apparently Disney is changing their cake choices with new flavors. Issue is we already tasted the old ones and most of the new ones - I have NO idea. GREAT!!! So we opted for the specialty cake some kind of chocolate cake with chocolate ganache(sp?) filling. Needless to say my Mom and my Mom's best friend (who is like a second mom to me) will be extremely excited - THEY ARE CHOCOLATE FREAKS!!!

Anyway, here are some pictures of the dress, my shoes, the bridesmaids dress, and flower girls dress. (As promised) Note dress pictures are just the stock image from the web.

Here are my shoes. I am unable to wear heels due to an Achilles injury 2 years ago.
Screenshot2011-04-13at85213AM.png

My dress
Screenshot2011-04-13at84645AM.png

Screenshot2011-04-13at84634AM.png

The back - its a corset dress. I have been loosing weight over the last eight months (I was taken off of medication that had made me gain loads of weight of over the last year), so I was worried about the dress. My body began adjusting to not having the medication and began to loose the weight I gained on the medication. Corset was the best choice for "last min adjustments"
Screenshot2011-04-13at84624AM.png

Screenshot2011-04-13at84608AM.png

The maid of honor that Jo has is her 16 year old daughter. So we wanted to make sure she was wearing something fun yet elegant. The dress is actually black.
Screenshot2011-04-13at84800AM.png

I am having my best friend stand up for me. So we are calling him my Bridesman. Who says that I can't have a guy which happens to be my best friend be my Maid of Honor. LOL. So many people gave us funny looks when we were shopping and I would tell them he was my Bridesman or Man of Honor. Zak is wearing a red shirt with a black vest and black pants. He twins are going to be my Flower girl and Ring Bearer. The ring bearer also has a red shirt and black vest with black pants, (to match his dad).

The flower girls dress is red.
Infant-Girls-12M-24M-2-Piece-RED-GLITTERED-FLOCKED-DOT-SATIN-Wedding-Flower-Girl-Party-Dress.jpg

Caketopper - we decided not to use the DFTW caketopper. This is cake topper actually represents our engagement and the fact that we both love fireworks. It reminds me of such.
Joyful-Gems-Crystal-Cake_80EA0F30.jpg

Enjoy!

Can i just say that i LOVE the vinylmation idea?! When i was watching your video i literally had to stop it, jumped up, and called my fiance right away to tell him of this awesome idea that i just saw and that we should look into it!

You're nearly there! Have fun! And congrats!

I love the dresses and as another fireworks lover, I love your cake topper! It definitely reminds me of fireworks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter