Wendy & Jo's Fairytale Dream Wedding **** 5/6/2011

Yes thank you soo much, everyone. I am am starting to get very nervous we are in T-Minus for our "legal" wedding. It totally sucks in a way because we have to do this whole thing twice. However I am more nervous for the DFTW and that is the one we are really considering our REAL wedding. DOMA sucks! Sorry just a little political jab. Anyway, if anyone wants how we made any of the items just message me. I will be more than happy to tell you or help you to make them. Jo and I started a "Event Planning" company about a year ago and never thought about doing weddings. Now after showing half of our stuff to others, I just was hired yesterday to do a friends wedding and I have two others who want to talk to talk to me about it too. What I told them is I plan events like writing a story. It needs to have a storyline throughout the entire event. Meaning and concept equals intrigue and excitement.

My advice to EVERYONE. Make it about the two of you, regardless of what your friends like or dislike. That is what we learned because in the in end, who is going to reminisce about the entire experience it will be your story ... How do you want to tell your story?

Anyway I am very excited we just finished packing our carry-on for CT. I am not sure if I said anything on here but our legal wedding will be in CT. On April 23 i.e. (D23) LOL it wasn't really planned that way just happened to work out. We decided to have our Justice of the Peace to marry us at the Gillette Castle in New Haddem. Here is a pic of the castle and grounds. Needless to say I am getting married in a REAL CASTLE ... very Princessish!!! I know!

1-GilletteCastlePark.jpg

So I know everyone who is planning is working on their songs and music. But I am curious what others have chosen as there song set.

Our will be:

Prelude/Seating: A Dream is a Wish by Jim Brickman featuring Kimberly Locke
Processional: Beauty and the Beast by Jim Brickman
Recessional: He's a Pirate by the Orlando Pops Orchestra
First Dance: Beautiful by Jim Brickman feature Wayne Brady
Cake Cutting: (None as of yet we are tossed up) Mickey and Minnie on a Moon Light Night OR End of the World by Blake Lewis

So what are everyone else's Choices?

W

Last night we finally packaged up everything and shipped the THREE VERY BIG boxes to the DCL warehouse. This helps because you don't have to try to carry all the extra stuff on with you and you don't have luggage that is not going to be used after the wedding. I was so nervous about mailing everything. The gift bags got mailed and they will be delivered to each stateroom on the day that we board. The other stuff will go straight to the wedding coordinator on ship. IM BREATHING ... really I am. It was a major reality check yesterday when we shipped them. I am just worried about shipping the "GLASS" to break during the ceremony. (i.e. I am Jewish and Jo is Christian) so we are mixing a bit of tradition into the wedding. Jo says it should be fine (majorly bubble wrapped) but you never know. Everything else is done. Just waiting now. Going to get my nails done this weekend because we leave on Wednesday for the legal stuff.

Did I mention I am breathing? Oh does anyone know how many weddings have been performed on the Dream thus far? Just curious, I have been looking and I can't find it.

Wendy

We are packed and ready to go. We are all packed and are simply just waiting for work to over with.

CT here we come!

Wendy

I'm originally from Connecticut and I have been to the Gillette Castle several times. I love that place!!!! What a beautiful spot to get married.

I love all of your do it yourself things. You should set up shop with Etsy or something. You would have tons of customers!

Hi there! Just joining in. :goodvibes
Your day is almost here! How exciting.
I really love your dress. & Jo's bm dress is really pretty too. Is it from DB? I think that is one of the options I considered but I think it is only offered in cornflower and not malibu? I like the idea of having a bridesman (even though that is a funny word) I wanted to have my brother stand by my side but my DF asked him instead, I couldn't say no!

Anyway, congratulations again! Can't wait to see pictures of the day! :)

OK ...

So .... Elle ... Yes the Maid of Honors Dress is From David's its in Black (i.e. our colors are Red and Black) BTW Jo is my DFi. Well now Jo is legally my DW!! That is so funny!!! Oh So our legal wedding in CT WAS awesome. As always nothing went as planned, well almost as planned. It started out as about 20% chance of rain and then in less than 24 hours it went to 100% chance of rain that would cover the entire state. It was FREEZING!!!!!! I am used to 80 and 90 degrees, it was 40 degrees average. Our photographer was awesome. If anyone needs or wants pics in the CT area PLEASE go to her she is AWESOME.

So everyone knows we were supposed to get married at the Gillette Castle which by the way is absolutely beautiful. But due to 100% rain we couldn't. Friday we met with Diane (the photographer) and she told us about her fear of rain and said she made a few calls and we could use this private mansion that gets rented out for weddings etc. It is called Wadsworth Mansion. So we decided to make the final call (it was still only suppose to be 40% chance of rain at this point) by 9 am on Sat. The ketch, we needed to move the wedding up to 1:30 or before because the "Queen of the Mansion" (seriously that's her title) was going to leave by then. The other issue our JP had another wedding at 11:00 and couldn't get to us until after 1:00. Yeah I know.

So Fast forward - (BTW I love CT) we made the call to change the venue at 9. No castle wedding, but we will get married in a mansion. We were there at 12:00 and dressed and ready by 1:00 photos were snapping the whole time. The JP got there early. Things fell into place an the Queen was lovely, she let us stay till around 3:00. We ended up leaving and ending our photo session at 3:30. The best part is that we made the JP and Photographers cry when we read our vows. It was a PERFECT day!!!

Here is the blog to our photographer! Enjoy! 10 days left to our DFTW! YAY!!!

http://parsonsphotoblog.wordpress.com/2011/04/23/joanne-wendys-wedding-day-teasers/

I'm originally from Connecticut and I have been to the Gillette Castle several times. I love that place!!!! What a beautiful spot to get married.

I love all of your do it yourself things. You should set up shop with Etsy or something. You would have tons of customers!

Thanks. We have been talking about me doing this professionally. I am having so much fun. Actually a friend of ours just "hired" me to plan their wedding so we will see how it goes.

Wendy

We are down to 5 days. A bit nervous and majorly excited. I can not wait till Wednesday as we leave.

See ya real soon!

Congratulations!! You should be married! Can't wait to hear all about it and see pics!

Well we did it. It was such an awesome time! Captain Henry married us and we had a fabulous event. I will write more we are at WDW right now on our honeymoon. Here is a pic just as a teaser ...

weddingparty.jpg
[/IMG]

Wow, you and the Dream wedding look incredible! Congratulations and have fun on your honeymoon!!!

You both look fantastic! Congrats, can't wait to see the rest of the pics. Enjoy your honeymoon. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter